30th December 2014, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Should I start preparation for GATE being a B.E. 2nd year student? Is it a barrier if having backlog in B.E. 1st year?

Hello
As I am studying b.e 2nd . Shall I start preparing gate exam from now? And is there any condition to appear gate exam ? Is really problem in getting arrear in 1st year , to appear gate examination

31st December 2014, 09:04 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I start preparation for GATE being a B.E. 2nd year student? Is it a barrier if having backlog in B.E. 1st year?

Yes, you can start your GATE preparation from now onwards.

Eligibility:

1. You should have passed your B.Tech course or should be in your final year at the time of filling up the application.

2. There should not be any backlog pending after the course, i.e. all backlogs should be cleared at the time of course completion.

3. No age limit specified for GATE exams.

No, there is no barrier if you have a backlog in 1st year, you will only have to clear it the year after.
31st December 2014, 11:21 PM
coolshaaz

Default Re: Should I start preparation for GATE being a B.E. 2nd year student? Is it a barrier if having backlog in B.E. 1st year?

Yes, you can start your GATE preparation from 2nd year only. There is no hard and fast rule as to when you should start your GATE preparation. You can start it any you feel, the earlier you start the better is for you.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. There is no age limit for GATE exams.

2. You should have passed your B.E course or should be in your final year at the time of filling up the application.

2. There should not be any backlog pending after the completion of your B.E course.

No, there is no barrier if you have a backlog in 1st year, you will only have to clear it in your 2nd year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?