3rd January 2012, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

How can I start preparation for GATE exam? I am doing B.Tech in Mechanical

i am doing b.tech in mechanical and at present i am at 6th semester . i want to prepare for GATE ,so how can i start my prepartion and which book i should refer?

5th January 2012, 03:33 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How can I start preparation for GATE exam? I am doing B.Tech in Mechanical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am doing b.tech in mechanical and at present i am at 6th semester . i want to prepare for GATE ,so how can i start my prepartion and which book i should refer?

TIPS TO PREPARE FOR GATE - MECHANICAL EXAM

As you are now in 3rd year, you will writing GATE 2013 exam which is by next year..

-> So you have solid one year to prepare for the exam, as you know GATE exam covers 80-90% of questions which you studied from your engineering stream.

-> The subjects which you studied as your core from the start of 2nd year are the syllabus for GATE exam.

-> Prepare your core subjects well as you are studying in your daily basis, plus you can spend some 1-2hrs of preparation daily for GATE exam, then for sure you will clear the exam with good marks.

-> To know the tips for GATE - Mechanical exam preparation check my post #2 CLICK HERE!!!

-> Any more queries, feel free to leave a post in our forum..

Quote:
"Hard work is painful when life is devoid of purpose. But when you live for something greater than yourself and the gratification of your own ego, then hard work becomes a labor of love."
5th January 2012, 03:45 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Default Re: How can I start preparation for GATE exam? I am doing B.Tech in Mechanical

Hi Friend,

As you are in 6th semister, it is better to start preparation from now itself.
this is year also you can write GATE exam if you have applied,
if not, dont worry prepare well for next year GATE exam.
GATE mainly covers syllabus from all your engineering subjects starting from 2nd year.
so concentrate on your subjects and attend the classes and try to learn the concepts and apply those concepts in solving the previous questions.
after every topic, try to solve the previous GATE questions related to those topics.
take advise from your lecturers and seniors.
it is better to join a coaching institute where they will help you learn concepts bettr and apply those concepts in solving the questions.

follow GK Publications book or
Made easy publications
added to these also study your engineering text books.

All the Best
5th January 2012, 04:38 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I start preparation for GATE exam? I am doing B.Tech in Mechanical

GATE-GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST FOR ENGINEERS is an examination for the B.Tech engineers, on the basis of scoring marks in GATE you can apply for the job in Public Sector Undertakings and getting admission in to M.Tech Courses.

You can start preparation for GATE while you are in the 3rd year of your engineering. The GATE syllabus is entirely from B.Tech courses from 2nd year on wards. If you can prepare GATE from 3rd year B.Tech then you can get at least 2 years for preparation. Besides preparing your core subject you must work out the questions of previous GATE papers at least 2 hours a day till the GATE exam. Only hard work can fetch you good marks in GATE.
5th January 2012, 05:06 PM
ANANT STAR

Thumbs up Re: How can I start preparation for GATE exam? I am doing B.Tech in Mechanical

Quote:
These are the details for preparation for GATE exam:
For Maths-books by S K DAS and S K BALI.
For Aptitude test-books by R S AGRAWAL.
Besides these books you have to take an IIT Book for Maths whose writer name is CREZICK.
You have also need to practise these books regularly and take speed test for these.
you will have to take 3-3 hours each for maths and aptitide test.
from anant star
5th January 2012, 05:36 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend you want to go for GATE exam, then to crack the exam you need to work hard..

GATE is an entrance exam for M.tech course. Which is conducted by IIT's and IISC jointly..

As you are in 6th semester wright now, then it is the hight time for you to get prepare for GATE exam.

To prepare for GATE exam you need to follow the steps:-

*Study the technical papers throughly..
*Clear all your doubts regarding the technical papers.
*Make your base strong.
*Practice numerical problems as much as possible.
*Solve questions from GATE reference books..
*Solve previous year questions.
*Practice aptitude questions.

So, follow these steps throughly to get prepare for GATE exam.
It will help you a lot..

All the best.
5th January 2012, 07:25 PM
krishnamurariray3165

Quote:
Dear friend

If you want to get good marks in GATE examination,then you have to follow the following steps.
  • first of all make good command on your stream subjects
    • In mechanical GATE exam most of the questions are come from the 5th sem papers
    • Make good command in the thermodynamics paper.

for practice buy a question bank of previous examinations.there are many books are available for that.
[IMG]
http://images02.olx.in/ui/11/46/15/1312981172_237964115_1-GATE-2012-Mechanical-Engineering-GK-Publications-Sarita-Vihar-.jpg
[/IMG]

with regard
krishnamurariray3165
27th May 2012, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

i am studying ece 3rd year you tell about some idea for gate exam and when gate exam starts which month,then how to apply pls tell that right time
13th June 2012, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

12th percentage are required for admision in iit????? plz ans me
13th June 2012, 09:08 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

I Suggest you to study the Standard books of each subject first to clear you basics and then some old papers as last Preparation Step. G.k.publication, Made easy, GAte Academy and many other publishers provide previous year old papers.

Engineering mathematics and general aptitude hold the highest weightage which is of 15% each so I suggest you to keep practicing these 2 subjects in a continuous manner.

For Mathematics you can refer to these books Elements of Discrete Mathematicsby McGraw-Hill International Editions and Discrete Mathematics by Tremblay & Manoha etc. There are many other good books also that you should find out.

some of the good books which you can refer to are
Engineering Mechanics by Singer
Mechanics of Materials by BC Punmia and AK Jain
Strength of Materials by Schaum Series
Theory of Machines by PL Ballaney
Theory of Machines by Rattan
Applied Mechanics by Khurmi

You should also consult your teachers and seniors to suggest you some good reference books for your branch. Prepare the subjects which are both in you btech syllabus for 6th sem and Gate first and then in holidays you can study your old subject and the 7th and 8th sem subjects can be studied later on.
1st July 2012, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

sir,i am entering 2nd yr of my electrical engg.so hw sud i prepare for ies nd gate from diz tym nly?
1st July 2012, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

How can I start preparation for GATE exam? I am doing M.sc(cs)
7th July 2012, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I'm a ECE final year student. Which book should I prefer for GATE 2013 (ECE) ? Say me the Author name/Publications that is available in the market ?
8th July 2012, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

Time is not ther how to preparation covr the all subjets?
8th July 2012, 01:08 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Here i am mentioning the name of some books and attaching some papers which you can go through to learn more about the study material required to start your preparation properly. Hope this helps

GATE Reference Books:

Publisher: GKP

Here i have attached some of the previous year question papers as well. So please go through them properly.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE ME 1991 Question Paper.PDF(188.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: pdf GATE ME 1992 Question Paper.pdf(115.9 KB, 77 views)
File Type: pdf GATE-ME-1993.PDF(93.8 KB, 62 views)
6th August 2012, 03:17 PM

Hi,
You can start your study in various way i.e, you may join to any reputed institute for GATE Preparation. If you join there ,they may provide you the best study material..And if you study up those books very consciously you must be crack the GATE Examination with your st attempt.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?