24th October 2011, 02:38 PM
akhilakulkarni

How to concentrate while reading physics? I am a 2nd year student

respected sir, i am a 2nd year student. i feel very bore to read physics. i don't get any concentration while reading physics. i don't know how to overcome this big problem. please, please give me some tips

15th February 2012, 08:28 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to concentrate while reading physics? I am a 2nd year student

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilakulkarni View Post
respected sir, i am a 2nd year student. i feel very bore to read physics. i don't get any concentration while reading physics. i don't know how to overcome this big problem. please, please give me some tips
Getting bored over studying a particular subject means lack of in depth knowledge about it. First of all you shouldn't have chosen those subject which you are not comfortable with. Since you are in the IInd year there's no two ways about it. Actually physics is a very interesting subject. You just have to concentrate about the positive thing, and the thing is that you have chosen a subject in which you can score very good marks irrespective of you like it or not.
If your concentration lacks in a particular field, the best remedy for it is you don't have much expectation from it. Just don't study physics because you have to study, only study when you want to study. Don't force yourself, when you force yourself for something you don't like to do its going to be impossible to concentrate. Take it as a challenge and if you can score good marks you will feel more satisfied.
In future also there are many things which you don't want to to do but you will have to do, and in those time scoring good marks in Physics will motivate you to do well in those field in which you are uncomfortable with.
15th February 2012, 10:23 PM
J Treza

Physics is the base of this world..it can be a very good interesting subject if you take interest in it.you should study H.C.Verma's book for physics..it has very easy language and full of examples..it will definately help you
20th May 2012, 05:08 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to concentrate while reading physics? I am a 2nd year student

Hi

Physics is the branch of Science which deals with the studies of Nature, its laws and other technical developments in Electronics, Optics, Motion, Mechanics, Gravity, Liquids, Forces, etc..and such related fields.

This is one of the most important subjects in the field of Science and Engineering AND CANNOT BE NEGLECTED.

So your query is very much valid and concerning that you get bored while reading physics.

I believe that a person only gets bored when he/she doesn't grasp or understand any thing. Suppose you are watching a cricket match but you do not know anything about the game, then certainly you are bound to get bored.

But at the same time if you know all about the game of Basket Ball, and you are watching it you would find it VERY VERY interesting !!

So the thing to notice here is that you are not understanding the subject and this makes you get bored.

The solution is to read carefully whatever you are reading or studying. Relate it with the practical examples and read from books which illustrate more using examples.

Another thing which might contribute in boring you is the distractions. You have so many of them around that you find the studies boring. But if you drown in studies and take interest in it, then you can really understand what is going on.

I would suggest you to take some tution from teachers who can explain things to you so that you can understand. If you do not, then you can approach the concerned faculty members in your college and insist them to explain more..

Also for the concentration part, I would say study in a close compact room and keep away from distractions. This way you would surely do well.

Hope this helps

All the BEST

Regards
RANJEET
10th September 2013, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

I dont understand physicss
14th January 2015, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

How to solve numericals in physics,as I am a biology student?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?