7th February 2014, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

On what all things to concentrate being weak in C programming? Should I concentrate in CAT also?

Hello sir/mam,
I am a student of NIT-Bhopal, and currently pursuing B.Tech from I.T. branch. I am in 3rd year(6th sem). From the next semester my placements will start. I have 2 queries:
1) My aim is for microsoft, and right now i have plenty of time to prepare for it, but i need proper guidance otherwise this time will go to waste. I have learned c,c , java(core and advanced both).I also know android. But as per my knowledge microsoft requires c sharp. I am not aware of that language. So I wanted to know that on what things should i mainly concentrate. Hope to receive a proper guidance from you.

2) My second query is that am also preparing a little for cat also. Now i think that i should concentrate on my placement itself, but i want to get in microsoft or a company similar to that only.If i dont get then maybe i will have to go for MBA only. So right now i am confused on how to distribute my time between these two things, or i should even distribute it or not and should concentrate for microsoft only.

9th February 2014, 11:23 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: On what all things to concentrate being weak in C programming? Should I concentrate in CAT also?

You can concentrate both among Microsoft placement and CAT because you cannot be 100% sure that you will end up in the job on Microsoft or companies like the same as it's always a mix luck combined with your hard work when we talk about campus placements.

For sure if you work hard you will get the job in Microsoft and companies like Microsoft but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be preparing for CAT as it's always good to be ready for the second chance.

Now talking about learning C# which will be the key skill for Microsoft, If you know C, C++ and Java then C# won't take you a week to learn it as the same concepts and language formats the only difference is that the way you write the code so that wouldn't take much time to learn. If that's just week to learn? What's going to be the difference? Will you get the job right away?

There is something connects all these different programming languages together which is LOGIC which is the key part of everything if you are good at framing logics to solve any type of problem then you are just best fit person for getting selected in Microsoft and companies at the same level.

So work on more problems, algorithms, data structures and make yourself sharp in solving and finding innovative ideas to make things simpler and performant which will surely noticed when you give the interview for Microsoft and will be the key factor for getting selected too.

Now coming to the point how to balance between preparing for the placement as well as CAT? SACRIFICE is what you need to do from now on, you need to spare all your free time just for the campus selection and CAT. If you get selected in placement then preparation of CAT would have helped you to sharpen your mind as well in your communication skills so never think either of it is a waste of time during a preparation.

Just put your heart and soul for 1-2 years preparation then you won't be regretting while you see your future
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?