27th October 2010, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

How to crack Bank of India PO Exam?

How to do perform in bank po exam so that i am able to crack the paper ? I had given no. of papers of bank po exam but i am not able to achieve the success so that now i am very worried and afraid about coming exams .......... Please help me to get out of the situation..........

27th October 2010, 11:40 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to crack Bank of India PO Exam?

dear friends .

for cracking the po exams following points must be remember in the mind.

1. cover whole syllabus

2. use short trics for solving the reasoning and math

3. time management

4. solve model paper
28th October 2010, 12:10 AM
shreyasriv

With the help of more practice on previous papers, there is possibility to crack it.
28th October 2010, 04:18 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

First of all if you really want to achieve the success then try to remove your worries & afraid.A cool minded student can think better & perform well.The paper is of objective type so its better to improve your G.K first.Get in touch with the newspaper so that your current affairs topic wil become a perfect one.Whenever you are preparing for your exam "TIME" concept is most important so that you can solve the answers on time.Always think that this is not the only option to make a career & choose Two or Three options more .More you free from tensions,better you will be perform.Good luck!
28th October 2010, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

what is required maek mrk to crack exam
1st November 2010, 05:20 PM
nehachopra1301

dear friend

upgrade your general knowledge and be good at solving aptitude books like R.S.AGGARWAL.......

all the best............
8th November 2010, 11:14 PM
chandana Reddy

hi...
to crack bank PO exam
1study all the concepts thoroughly
2.learn the short cuts
3.practice the problems everyday
4.solve few model papers

good luck..
18th December 2010, 09:54 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

To get a job in a Bank is a good career option, Because it will provide you a job security.

In now a days, there are so manny Banks recruitment are open. So, please prepare yourself advance. So, that you have clear the bank exams.

So, please work hard for that and manage your time only then you will be able to crack the Bank P.O exams.

The exam essentially comprises four sections - English, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, Clerical Aptitude and Computer Awarness.

The duration of the objective type part normally varies between two hours and three hours.

So, please work hard and keep practice for reasoning questions. Because reasoning is the toughest part of Bank exams. So, please prepare yourself according to the syllabus.

You will easily get the syllabus from the market, and you will also get the best books for the Bank exams from the Market. Just purchase the book of R.S Agarwal and keep practice for this exams.

Then definately, you will clear this exams. So, please practice for this exams, if you really want to get a sucess.
18th December 2010, 10:19 PM
amahajan

Hi.
You should prefer some good books for the aptitude, reasoning and english. and for general knowledge read the latest issue of magazines like CSR, pratiyogita darpan. it is very important to prefer good books. and some books contains last years papers so you can give self test. this will help you to know where you lack in and this will also let you know how to manage time for the exam.
18th December 2010, 10:21 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

Bank PO is the entry level for to enter into banking sector. Its not that much difficult if you prepare with a plan and by putting hard efforts.

Most of the bank exam po's will be by written test and interview.

The written test consists of 5 categories,

1.Reasoning
2.Quantitative aptitude
3.Computer awareness
4.General awareness
5.General English.

You need to qualify in each of these categories individually in order to qualify for the written test.

There will be negative marking of 1/4 th, so you have to be very careful while answering or choosing the options.

For computer awareness,basic fundamentals will be enough.
Introduction to computer
Memory devices
Basic internet knowledge
Ms-office

For Quantitative aptitude, almost all the questions are direct questions mostly. So you have to learn all the formulas and try to complete the problem in less number of steps.
Be good at percentages
profit and loss
simple and compound interest
time and work
time and distance
hcf and lcm

For general English, try to read the sentences and understand them in less span of time and at the same time focus on grammar mostly tenses,.

For reasoning,everyone can do these problems. Only thing or quality that is required is being capable of thinking analytically.

The more you think with your mind, the less number of time it will be for you to complete the given question.

For general awareness, it will not be done in a single day to prepare for the exam. You need to study various news papers, magazines.

You need to have a complete grip 0n
-national wide politics
-world wide politics
-various persons who received awards

All the best
19th December 2010, 12:29 AM
Mohit Raj Saxena

Location: I live in Lucknow but presently pursuing B.Tech from NIT Durgapur.

Dear frnd
First of all,i want to tell you that i am a math side student and i have helped my elder sister to crack bank exam.follow the given steps ,may be they will help you:
1.improve your aptitude part because its the part where you can score most in minimum time.follow arihant aptitude books or RS AGRAWAL book.
2.improve your general english,you do not need to study tough english like CAT but yes work on basics and i am sure you will be able to get through.
3.finally,manage your time because during exams it does not matter hiw much you know but how well you perform.

All the best....!!!
19th December 2010, 07:19 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
to crack Bank of India PO Exam
To get a job in a Bank is a good career option, Because it will provide you a job security.

In now a days, there are so manny Banks recruitment are open. So, please prepare yourself advance. So, that you have clear the bank exams.

The exam essentially comprises four sections - English, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, Clerical Aptitude and Computer Awarness.

The duration of the objective type part normally varies between two hours and three hours.

work hard and keep practice for reasoning questions. Because reasoning is the toughest part of Bank exams. So, please prepare yourself according to the syllabus.

You will easily get the syllabus from the market, and you will also get the best books for the Bank exams from the Market. Just purchase the book of R.S Agarwal and keep practice for this exams.

good luck.
19th December 2010, 08:49 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

you have already appeared so many time in bank po examination. so now you have to think where is your fault? find out the fault and try to solve that fault. i am giving some short tricks. you may apply these short tricks in your examination.

1)first of cover whole syllabus and then go for the examination.

2) buy some good books and try to practice them carefully.

3) try to collect some model question paper and try to solve that within time and also taking seriously like examination.

4) try to solve problem within very short time because time is a great factor in bank po examination. to solve problem easily in short time practice problem carefully and solve the problem in many ways.

5) do not be tensed before examination. do not think that it is the only way for your success. there are so many option for you and don't worry you will get the best one.

i think these are sufficient for success in the examination. this year try to crack the examination with more study and more care.

best of luck.
19th December 2010, 08:53 AM
sultanmirza

hi friend
for cracking the bank exam you have to be smart and faster
first of all you have to cover the whole exam syllabus,
after that you have to clear your basica and then you have that practice the various question papers including the previous year question paper
19th December 2010, 09:02 AM
ruchika4989

PO paper comprise of general knowledge section and verbal reasoning ,data interpretation ,and quantative analysis
for GK you can refer to pratiogata darpan or can keep your self updated with newspaper
and for other sections there are lots of books available in marks
like arihant
arun sharma
you can try then too
19th December 2010, 06:30 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to do perform in bank po exam so that i am able to crack the paper ? I had given no. of papers of bank po exam but i am not able to achieve the success so that now i am very worried and afraid about coming exams .......... Please help me to get out of the situation..........
Hi,

This is a well known fact that success don't come easily. You try everytime you get a chance.
now the main thing is that the pattern is almost same for all the PO exams. so you need to revise all the important types of questions in the reasoning section and for quant you need to practice more and hard. solve 3-4 papers in the short time.
Also for current affailrs, computer questions and Marketing you can visit the below link and also subscribe to the pratiyogita darpan magazine:
http://currentaffairsbankpo.blogspot.com

All the Best. keep on trying you will get success one day....
19th December 2010, 10:06 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

you can get Bank of India PO Exam Question paper Format and Sample Question Papers With Solutions in the given below site

1.www.freshersworld.com.

2.www.freshers.com.

3.http://www.estudentzone.com.

it will easy to you to crack Bank of India PO Exam if practice in the given below books

1.berron.

2.r.s.agarwal.

etc.

all the best......
25th December 2010, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

plz help me about computer awerness & market knowledge books
29th January 2011, 06:17 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How to crack Bank of India PO Exam?

Hi

A constant practice and time management is only the key of success. Since bank exam specially exam of probationary officer exam is toughest exam of bank. But this doesn't mean that you will not crack that only you have to consider certain things then you will easily crack the bank PO exam. The few tips are mentioned below:

1.Try to cover first those topics which are easy and most important from exam point of view.

2.Never try to cover whole syllabus because that's not possible to learn each and every topic.

3.Learn magazines such as Cronical, Current affairs etc. in which you got the current news of all of the months.

4.For the preparation of mathematics use R.D sharma books of competitive exam.

Beside all this you have to join some good coaching institute where you will got the tips and tricks to crack this exam. I have given below the list of some good institute where you will do your coaching for bank PO exam.

AIMS
13, SATYANIKETAN, SOUTH CAMPUS,
DHAULAKUAN, NEW DELHI-21
Phone: 4100758, 4100759

Best Education Centre
C-134, GREATER KAILASH-I,
NEW DELHI-48
Phone: 6414247, 6221959, 6416487
E-18, LAJPAT NAGAR-III,
B/H. MOOLCHAND HOSPITAL,
NEW DELHI-24
Phone: 6842484, 6322964

Brills School of Management
4-B PUSA ROAD,, NEW DELHI-8.
Phone: 6322965,5826365, 5826366

Bulls Eye
SOUTH CAMPUS
12, SATYA NIKETAN EAST
DELHI
Phone: 51691856, 32571792,220580492

Bulls Eye
G-86, PREET VIHAR SOUTH
DELHI
Phone: 6693345, 32106948

Career Education
C-1/G, GREEN PARK EXTN.,
NEW DELHI
6534431, 6534437

GOOD LUCK
10th April 2011, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

how many hours of study is enough for crack po ?
11th April 2011, 01:13 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Hi,

To crack any exam intelligent study is most important.

For that you have to study those topics throughly which generally comes in paper.

To crack bank PO exam one should follow these step:-

1) use trics for solving the reasoning and maths aptitude question.

2) time management is most.

3) solve model paper as well as previous 10 years papers.

4) make your concepts clear.

The written test consists of :

1.Reasoning
2.Quantitative aptitude
3.Computer awareness
4.General awareness
5.General English.

thoroughly practice question based on these topics.

All the Best..
11th April 2011, 01:30 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Friend, you should solved previous paper of bank for increasing your speed
for solved question.read news paper daily and current G.K.
If you want to join a good coching for prepration of bank.

All the best.
11th April 2011, 03:21 AM
babydoll

Hello friend,
If you are appearing for the Bank PO exam then you must have the good general ability and reasoning problem solving skill.
As every bank PO exam paper consists of maths, GK, English, Reasoning ,verbal and non verbal. So you have to practice all these portion.
You can follow some standard books which are really helpful for cracking the exam. The main books are GK publications, Barron's Guide, for maths you can follow R.D.Sharma.
Otherwise, you can solve all the previous years paper and many study materials.
You can also joins some coaching institutes for the special study materials made by experts. The study materials are also helpful for the candidates.
11th April 2011, 11:36 AM
A15
Junior Member+

Smile Re: How to crack Bank of India PO Exam?

Dear friends .

1. cover whole syllabus

3. time management

4. solve model paper
11th April 2011, 02:32 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Wink Re: How to crack Bank of India PO Exam?

Firstly you need to manage your time ....and you need to prepare according to type of questions in question paper of PO exam....solved previous year question paper...
11th April 2011, 03:28 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

1. cover whole syllabus

3. time management

4. solve model paper
11th April 2011, 06:01 PM
piyush121

Thumbs up Re: How to crack Bank of India PO Exam?

dear friend,

your main reason of failure might be lack of practice.
you need to practice a lot and you have to cover the whole syllabus of the exam.

You should try to solve as many sample papers as possible for sure success.

You should wake up early and study as morning study is really very helpful and more effective.

You should try to keep the shortcuts ready for solving maths problems and you need to have a good command over it.

and solve each problem patiently so that your accuracy % is high

BEST OF LUCK

REGARDS,
PIYUSH ANAND
2nd June 2011, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Bull crap..I know time management is crucial..every body is saying the same thing..give me some useful tips..Has anybody there who really cracked the exam?
5th June 2011, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Hi all friends,

For cracking the bank PO exam, should I join any coaching class or do self study only?
As I am working in a s/w company.
9th June 2011, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

can any body please sujject some book or a link where can i find short cut tricks to solve the quantitative aptitude..pls pls pls..as i am very very poor in dat.
9th June 2011, 11:57 PM
hublikar13

can any body subject me some books or a link where can i find the short cut tricks to solve the quantitative aptitude..as i am very poor in it..pls pls
2nd July 2011, 02:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Bull crap..I know time management is crucial..every body is saying the same thing..give me some useful tips..Has anybody there who really cracked the exam?
same things are needed to crack the po exam. Who will do dat things in a best way than others will be selected.
Remember its not a pass fail exam, its a COMPETITION EXAM
2nd July 2011, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

can i get some tips & tricks about resoninig & quantitative aptitude & name of the books about it?
-shree
3rd July 2011, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

i really appreciate the revert given above n very satisfied wid the answers .. thanx a lot for these suggestions n hope these all will help me in clearing my p.o. exams...
21st July 2011, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

its not how much you know....its how clever you are....hehe
25th July 2011, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

Hi ,

I need to ask how to do well in comprehension that subjective paper which needs to clear as well
18th August 2011, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

which buk is gud for preapring gk..??
19th August 2011, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

for bank po exam please refer some previous year questions.....u can predict your question paper.........same type of questions wil be askd.......u can clear reasoning,english and apptitude by refering previous papers....but general awarness and computer knowledge u hav to learn....
if u refer previous year papers in reasoning part some 35 questions were common n all papers......so dat u can concentrate more in dat part

all the best
11th October 2011, 03:24 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

dear friends .

1. cover whole syllabus

3. time management

4. solve model paper
19th December 2011, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

Bank Po exams and interview procedures are easiest exams in India. We need not require worrying about entrance examination. IBPS need PO in bulk at earliest,
For cracking Exams and interviews take few Mantras from me too.

Rahul Ranjan
Asst Manager
Indian Overseas Bank
New Delhi
24th January 2012, 04:10 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hello dear

So, please work hard for that and manage your time only then you will be able to crack the Bank P.O exams.

So, please work hard and keep practice for reasoning questions. Because reasoning is the toughest part of Bank exams. So, please prepare yourself according to the syllabus.

Then definately, you will clear this exams. So, please practice for this exams, if you really want to get a sucess...
thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?