20th July 2012, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

How to do CA after completing graduation in April

hello sir,
I have completed by graduation in april 2012 and now I want to do CA.
I have heard that after graduation one can directly apply for IPCC.
So can u tell me that has this rule been applied or not? If not then please guide me for other options if any.

23rd July 2012, 03:21 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do CA after completing graduation in April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir,
I have completed by graduation in april 2012 and now I want to do CA.
I have heard that after graduation one can directly apply for IPCC.
So can u tell me that has this rule been applied or not? If not then please guide me for other options if any.
As per the present guideline, no matter what your qualification is, if you are willing to pursue Chartered Accountancy course, you have got to go through the stages mentioned below.

Common Proficiency Test
The test is conducted by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India twice a year and graduates, undergraduates as well as post-graduates has to qualify the it in order to be considered eligible for the Chartered Accountancy course. The Common Proficiency Test is followed by the following stages:
  • Integrated Professional Competence Course
  • Information Technology Training
  • Final Course
  • Articleship Training
  • General Management and Communication Skill Course

The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India has proposed to exempt Commerce Graduates with 55% marks or more and Non-Commerce Graduates with 60% or more from taking the Common Proficiency Test but it has not been yet approved and therefore, candidates willing to pursue the course at this point of time needs to qualify the test to move on the next stage of the Chartered Accountancy course irrespective of the qualification one possess.

For ore information about the course, refer to the official website of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
2nd August 2012, 07:40 AM
Unregistered

I have complited my b'com with 70% marks and i want to do CA so should i have give CPT.
27th January 2013, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my graduation with 51% and i am non commerce student so can i do CA.
28th January 2013, 09:49 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Yes you have heard it right. However the exemption from appearing for Common Proficiency Test is given is some cases and not for every candidate who manages to complete a graduation degree.

A commerce graduate should have scored 55 percent marks while non commerce graduate must have obtained 60 percent marks to take direct admission in the IPCC. Now you should check whether you are meeting the criteria or not.

If you are not meeting the minimum percentage requirement then you will have to appear for the Common Proficiency Test. It is conducted twice in a year in June and December. Students can register for CPT as early as after completing 12th standard. However you can only appear for the test after having completed 12th standard.

So if you have scored the minimum percentage required, then there is no need to appear for Common Proficiency Test. You should visit the official website of ICAI and check the procedure to apply directly for the IPCC.

Integrated Professional Competancy Course (IPCC).

Group 1

1. Accounting

2. Business Laws,Ethics and Communication

3. Cost Accounting and Financial Management

4. Taxation

Group 2

5. Advanced Accounting

6. Auditing and Assurance

7. Information Technology and Strategic Management
23rd February 2013, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

what courses should i prefer with b.com for my better carrier? or can i take direct admission for ca after completing my graduating?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?