14th January 2012, 12:43 AM
Praveendwivedy

Can I apply for income Tax Officer exam after completing graduation?

I am an undergraduate student.i shall b completing my graduation in about june .can i apply for income tax officer exam whose exam will held in april?

14th January 2012, 03:39 AM
krishnasolanki

Default Re: Can I apply for income Tax Officer exam after completing graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praveendwivedy View Post
I am an undergraduate student.i shall b completing my graduation in about june .can i apply for income tax officer exam whose exam will held in april?

YES, Definately you are eligible for the income tax officer exam, after your
Graduation in any discipline from any
recognized University.
and age limit for it is
20 to 27 years for general and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

good luck dear.
14th January 2012, 09:16 AM
Navin Balla
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for income Tax Officer exam after completing graduation?

If you want to become a ''INCOME TAX" , after completing your Graduation.

Than you have to participate in Government Exams like.

1. MPSC
2. UPSC

After Passing this exams you have to face interview & in that interview you should select a post for "INCOME TAX" officer. If you face Exams & interveiw very well then you can also get any higher post.

Best Of Luck...
14th January 2012, 02:26 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Default Re: Can I apply for income Tax Officer exam after completing graduation?

Income tax officer

The Income tax officer examination is conducted by SSC .The examination is conducted once a year and any graduates students can apply for the exam.The examination is commonly known as SSC CGLE Tier-I Exam

Eligibility ::

You must have completed your graduation in any streams to apply for the exam.

It means that you can apply for the income tax officer examination .

You must be between 18 to 27 years of age .There is some relaxation in upper age for SC/ST and OBC students.

5 years for SC/ST
3 years for OBC.

Pattern ::SSC CGLE Tier-I Exam Paper Consists:

Part-A : General Intelligence Reasoning (50 Questions)
Part-B : General Awareness (50 Questions)
Part-C : Numerical Aptitude (50 Questions)
Part-D: English Comprehension (50 Questions)

The total number of questions asked in the examinations are 200 .

Pay Scale:: Rs.9300-34800 + Grade Pay of Rs.4600/-

For more information::http://ssc.nic.in
14th January 2012, 03:52 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Income Tax Officer Exam is conducted by SSC to recruit the Income Tax Officer.

some Eligibility such as:

1.Qualification:

a)you should have any degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.
as you have done graduation in B.Com ,so you are positively eligible.

2.Age:

a:Your age should not be not less than 18 years and not greater than 27 years on the first July of the year of examination

b) The age limit for the posts of Inspector of Income Tax, is 18-27 years

3.Physical Standards (Minimum)

a)Height :157.5cm

b)Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm

c)Physical Test:

i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes

ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes

4.Application form:

a)Application form will be available from February every year at SSC official website at http://www.ssconline.nic.in.

5.Selection Procedure:

a)There will be a Written Examination of all objective type questions.

b)Then an Personal Interview for for qualified students in the Written Test.

For more visit its official site:http://www.ssc.nic.in
5.Selection Procedure:

a)There will be a Written Examination of all objective type questions.

b)Then an Personal Interview for for qualified students in the Written Test.

6.Syllabus:

a)General Intelligence:It consists of your ability of reasoning ,how much you can analysis a problem.

b)General English: It consists English Language and will be based on error recognition, fill in the blanks using verbs, preposition, articles etc, vocabulary, spellings, Grammar, sentence-structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, sentence completion, phrases and idiomatic use of words etc

c)Arithmetical Ability: It consists of problems relating to number systems, Computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions,percentages, ratio and proportions, averages, interest, profit & loss, use of tables and graphs, mensuration, time & distance, ratio and time etc

d)General Awareness: It consists of the general awareness of the environment around you and its application to society,

knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect .

The test will also include History, Geography, Economic, General policy, Scientific Research etc.

For more visit its official site:http://www.ssc.nic.in
14th January 2012, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

i am an undergraduate student. I shall b completing my graduation in about 2010. Can i apply for food spector officer. Please me send exam all details.
14th January 2012, 07:16 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Yes you can apply for Income Tax officer after graduation and you have graduation so you are eligible for this exam.

Income Tax officer is very good post.income of Income tax officer is very good.

Eligibility criteria for Income Tax officer-

you should have graduation from any recognised university.

your age should 18-27 year.

Fore more information you can visit official website of SSC-

http://www.ssc.nic.in

Notification for this exam will declared in February.when notification declared they will be displayed on this website.you have to visit this website continously.
14th January 2012, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

I want 2 give CGL exam n wan 2 know d details. When the notification out
14th January 2012, 10:21 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

hello friend,

Eligibility Criteria :

Age must be between 21 to 35 years

Educational Qualification :

must have at least 55% in 10th, 12th and graduate degree and the candidate must have passed from a recognized university or college.

Exam Pattern :

The exam pattern is given below :

1. Preliminary (M.C.Q.)
2. Main

good luck.
15th January 2012, 12:11 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility:
Age: 18 to 25 years on the first july of the year of examination.
age relaxable for sc/st/obc candidates
Educational Qualification:
any degree from recognized university
Physical standards:
male candidate
Height : 157.5 cms
chest :81 cms
Relaxable by 5 cms in the sc/st/obc

Physical test:
walkin 1600meters in 15min
cycling 8km in 30min

Syllabus:
general intelligence
general english
arithmetical ability
general awareness

objective multiple choice type
100marks paper
20th January 2012, 01:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praveendwivedy View Post

Yes, Final year student are applicable for income Tax Officer exam.

Income Tax Officer Exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit the Income Tax Officer.

Those candidate have completed graduation degree from recognized university are eligible for INCOME TAX OFFICER exam.

To become Income Tax officer you have to pass the Civil Services Exam conducted by the Union Public.

Also your age should be in between 18 years to 25 years.

The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The examination is conduct two ways (i) Written examination (ii) Interview for Personality Test for such candidates as may qualify in the written test.

S. No. Test Marks Time (min)

1 General Intelligence 120

2 General English 80

3 Arithmetical Ability 80

4 General Awareness 120

(i) Physical Standards (Minimum)

Height 157.5 cm
Chest 81 cm

(ii) Physical Test:

Walking cycling
1600 meters in 15 minutes 8 Km in 30 minutes

Application form:For the next exam the application form will be available from first week of February 2012 at SSC official website at http://www.ssconline.nic.in
4th April 2012, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my BSC and willing to be an Income tax Officer.Is it possible??will i get the training for this post after clearing all the exams??
21st May 2012, 05:13 PM
romi_bal

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for income Tax Officer exam after completing graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my BSC and willing to be an Income tax Officer.Is it possible??will i get the training for this post after clearing all the exams??
Income Tax Officer Exam
Income Tax Officer Exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit the Income Tax Officer.

Educational Qualification: Those candidates have completed graduation degree from recognized university are eligible for INCOME TAX OFFICER Exam.

Age: Between 18 years to 27 years. The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The examination is conduct two ways
(i) Written examination
(ii) Interview for Personality Test for such candidates as may qualify in the written test.

THE PHYSICAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

Height :157.5cm

Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm

The other Ground Work is -

i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes

ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes

SYLLABUS:

a)General Intelligence: It consists of your ability of reasoning ,how much you can analysis a problem.

b)General English: It consists English Language and will be based on error recognition, fill in the blanks using verbs, preposition, articles etc, vocabulary, spellings, Grammar, sentence-structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, sentence completion, phrases and idiomatic use of words etc

c)Arithmetical Ability: It consists of problems relating to number systems, Computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions, percentages, ratio and proportions, averages, interest, profit & loss, use of tables and graphs, mensuration, time & distance, ratio and time etc

d)General Awareness: It consists of the general awareness of the environment around you and its application to society,

e) knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect .

f) The test will also include History, Geography, Economic, General policy, Scientific Research etc.

PATTERN OF INCOME TAX EXAM
Tier-I Exam Paper Consists(2 hours):

Part-A : General Intelligence Reasoning (50 marks)
Part-B : General Awareness (50 marks)
Part-C : Numerical Aptitude (50 marks)
Part-D: English Comprehension (50 marks)

The total marks : 200 .

Tier-II(4 hours):

Arithmetical Abilities(200 marks)
English Language & comprehension(200 marks)
Total marks: 400

Tier-III
Interview: 100 marks

Pay Scale:: Rs.9300-34800 + Grade Pay of Rs.4600/-

For online application , Click on the link http://www.ssconline.nic.in.

For more details about this exam, You can visit to http://www.ssc.nic.in
29th May 2012, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

I am a 3rd year student in B.com(hons) i want to give exam for income tax officer. To give exam in 2nd july 2012 can i apply now??? please reply
29th May 2012, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.com(hons) 3rd year student. I want to give exam for Income Tax Officer in 2nd july 2012. Can i apply for it now??? plz reply...
17th July 2012, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

i m sc candidate and i have to apply for income tax department but my health is not good i.e i m very thin so am i eligible or not
13th August 2012, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

if my age 24 years 10 months as on april months 2014 . then i apply or not income tex exam
10th May 2013, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Is there any wastage of time if we study ca for applying for the post of income tax officer
25th May 2014, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

thank you...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?