12th September 2015, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

How can I study if feel boring to study History being a 10th student?

Hello Everyone,
I am in 10th standard and I can't study the subject History. I have just got pass marks in my 9th standard in History. Whenever I open my book, I feel very boring and sleepy. Please help me to know how I can study History?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I study Astronomy in NASA being a 10th student?
  2. What should I study other than H.S. if completed 10th ICSE?
  3. Which is a better university to study Aeronautical Engineering? Marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much is the fee structure?
  4. Is it possible to study in Abroad after completing 10th standard?
  5. Which is a better university for studying Aeronautical Engineering? Marks needed in 10th and 12th to study this course? Fee structure and is there any placement assurance?
  6. Is it possible to study Ayurveda through distance after passing B.A History?
  7. Universities conducting Aeronautical Engineering course? How much marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much fee to be paid? Is there any guarantee of a job? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Eligibility to study Diploma in Finance & Accounting on 10th basis?
  9. In which entrance exam I have to appear after 10th in study Abroad with full scholarship?
  10. How to study for MBBA after passing 10th?
  11. Eligiblity to study in Canada for 10th passed student?
  12. Which book to study for NET/SET History?
  13. List of entrance exams to study in Abroad for 10th student?
  14. What is the procedure for taking up student visa to go abroad for doing higher studies?
  15. How can I get admission to study PhD in History if completed M.A.?
  16. What are the different scholarships available for Indian student to study abroad?
  17. How should I prepare the time table to study in 10th standard?
  18. Which are the best institutes in Hyderabad for group II entrance? Books to be referred
14th September 2015, 07:09 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I study if feel boring to study History being a 10th student?

Just follow these tips to study History without getting bored :
  • Find a good place for studying. Make sure the place have proper light and away from distractions. Avoid too hot or too cold place as it will cause boredom.
  • Make sure it is tidy enough. Try to opt for a place which is surrounded by other study materials.
  • Never get too comfortable. Sit on a chair that supports your back.
  • Always plan your end goal. Plan how much hours you are going to study, plan how much topics you are going to cover etc.
  • Mix up your topics. Never focus on same topic for long time. Like study history for 45 minutes, then switch to other subjects.
  • Take small breaks every hour.
  • Reward yourself when you achieve some goal, like some video game or some type of snacks after completing every chapter or topic.
  • Avoid electronics near you. Always keep yourself away from it.
14th September 2015, 07:21 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I study if feel boring to study History being a 10th student?

Look dear, this is not a problem or an issue that you can solve by a therapy provided by anyone, it's just one's own perception that History as a subject is boring, on the contrary it is not so. The only way to make History interesting is that you try to indulge in it and try to know more things about our past.

You will find it interesting once you dig into it and try to know more and I am sure you will in the process learn mush more things than your school syllabus.
14th September 2015, 09:40 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

You need to go to a Private Tutor for this subject who can make things interesting for you.
There is no other remedy at present so you need to go to a Private Tutor and mention to him about your problem.
This is the best option for you now to make the subject of History interesting.
14th September 2015, 09:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You need to study anything with interest, if you reading as bored, everything will be bored. I suggest you to read history subject with interest, try to learn about kings, about their rules, etc. Try to learn the subject with interest. Then, you can definitely score good marks in History subject in your 10th standard.
15th September 2015, 06:43 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am in 10th standard and I can't study the subject History. I have just got pass marks in my 9th standard in History. Whenever I open my book, I feel very boring and sleepy. Please help me to know how I can study History?
Actually you have make your mindset that History is boring that is why you find history boring. Start taking interest in it then you will find that there will be some improvement in your marks. Read history but in short gaps like read one paragraph ,understand it then read something else then again read history after sometime.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?