6th February 2012, 11:50 AM
jura jaun

What is the syllabus for Geology, Zoology, English and General Studies for IFS Exam?

sir, i am preparing for Indian forest service exam and do not have syllabus of the following subject, geology, zoology, English and general studies. so kindly give me the complete syllabus for same ?

7th February 2012, 12:47 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus for Geology, Zoology, English and General Studies for IFS Exam?

Indian Forest Service Examination

The IFS examination is conducted by UPSC every year and the plan of examination is
as under.
The Written Examination comprises of six papers.
I. General English (300 marks)
II. General Knowledge (200 marks)
III. First Paper of First Optional Subject (200 marks)
IV. Second Paper of First Optional Subject (200 marks)
V. First Paper of Second Optional Subject (200 marks)
VI. Second Paper of First Optional Subject (200 marks)

The Syllabus of General English and General Knowledge are same for all applicants.
There is no specific content defined for these two papers.
General English paper will comprise of questions like Essay, Comprehension based questions,
Grammar based questions etc.
The General Knowledge paper will comprise of questions from current events,
History and Geography of India, Constitution of India etc.

To get the detailed syllabus of Optional subjects kindly refer any recent IFS examination
advertisement.

The advt. of IFS-2011 is attached with this message.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ifs_eng.pdf(181.4 KB, 110 views)
7th February 2012, 12:57 AM
rvidyasagar

Default Re: What is the syllabus for Geology, Zoology, English and General Studies for IFS Exam?

Please see the notification of UPSC for the Civil Services Examination dated 11th Feb, which will appear in the Employment News of 11th-17th Feb.

IFS is a component of Civil Services Examination.

You can also see the notification in the UPSC website (http://www.upsc.gov.in/) under the link "Examinations".

Section III at Page 25 lists the detailed syllabus for all the subjects including the subjects mentioned by you.

last date for receipt of applications is 5th March.

All the best.
7th February 2012, 09:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jura jaun View Post
sir, i am preparing for Indian forest service exam and do not have syllabus of the following subject, geology, zoology, English and general studies. so kindly give me the complete syllabus for same ?

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION

A Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent.

Final year student are eligible for IFS exam,

AGE CRITERIA

The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

For examination schedule you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in

I have attached the syllabus for IFS exam so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IFS EXAM.PDF(181.4 KB, 98 views)
17th December 2013, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus of UG Programme of Geology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?