8th October 2010, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

How to do IAS after MCA?

sir i am a final year students and i am keenly interested in IAS, what and how should i proceed?
after this a m having NET a second option so how should i prepare for a getting a JRF in computer science?
please help me and give guielines....
is there any govt. best job for MCAs..?
regargds...
Shahab Saquib Sohail

8th October 2010, 08:11 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: How to do IAS after MCA?

dear friend,
First i appreciate your aim, then i would like to give you some suggestion that:

For IAS, you MCA degree is not needed, you can apply for IAS exam after your BCA degree.

If you have cross the age of 21 years than you can apply for it.

For IAS, you have to first face prelims test & then after selection in prelims you will be called for mains exam, & then you will be called for interview.

For more information regarding IAS eligibility & other criteria, kindly visit:
www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.
8th October 2010, 09:03 PM
Rupender verma

Default Re: How to do IAS after MCA?

he Indian Administrative Service is a highly competitive and a challenging career. To get into the IAS, you will have to give the UPSC held Civil Services Examination. It is a common exam for getting into the IAS, IPS etc. To clear the exam you should have the ability to work hard for long hours, dedication, total focus towards studies and a keen interest in current affairs. The examination is very rigorous and time consuming and requires extensive and thorough knowledge of two subjects as well as general awareness about economy, politics and other subjects. The examination is a three stage process. The full detail about the subjects, age limits and the number of attempts can be seen from the website of UPSC.Yes of course there are chances for govt. jobs .
15th October 2010, 12:00 AM
docshakti

IAS can be done after MCA.you have to prepare well to qualify it because it requires lots of hard work.youcan choose your subjects according to your course done.UPSC conducts this exam which is very difficult.first there is prelims in may then if you qualify it then they call you for mains and lastly it comes to interview.you can get more current details from upsc website.
all the best
15th October 2010, 01:10 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: How to do IAS after MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am a final year students and i am keenly interested in IAS, what and how should i proceed?
after this a m having NET a second option so how should i prepare for a getting a JRF in computer science?
regargds...
Shahab Saquib Sohail
dear friend,

for IAS the basic qualification needed is graduation.so you can sit for IAS.for details you visit:www.upsc.gov.in.

good luck.
15th October 2010, 01:48 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

you have to give entransce exam for IAS the n interview ok you can apply for IAS AFTRE THE MCA OK
15th October 2010, 01:54 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

definately, you can do IAS after graduation.

as minimum qualification graduation is require to attain in the IAS exam.

and minimum 55% marks in graduation is require to attain in the IAS exam.

age limit for IAS exam is 21-29 years.

so after MCA you can do IAS .

all the best..............
15th October 2010, 11:20 AM
Sanjiv sharma

You are at the moment doing MCA it mean you are eligible for applying IAS examination conducted by UPSC every year. Any graduate in any stream are eligible for indian administrative service, but for getting success one must be motivated,energetic,courgeous,enthusiastic and highly intelligent. For clearing IAS one needs hard study and coaching from most intelligent experts.
After mca you are having lot of scope in others field also like in teaching,banking,railways and in renowned multi-national and limitted companies with high packages
good luck
15th October 2010, 12:06 PM
helpmaster

Quote:
regargds...
Shahab Saquib Sohail
You can appear for net exam this time also.
Since you are a MCA student you have to first choose the subject for IAs exam you can also go with Computers eve.
for IAS decide the subject on which you have good command. The notification for the exam will be soon announced in coming months.

As far as net is concerned you can appear this year also in december and june.
15th October 2010, 04:55 PM
Sanjiv sharma

After doing MCA you can apply for IAS exam you can choose any subject of your choice for appearing in this exam . Rest depends upon your hard work
15th October 2010, 05:37 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
regargds...
Shahab Saquib Sohail
dear friend,
you are eligible for giving ias exam because you have completed your graduation. The notification of the exam comes in employment news. So, you must check that regularly. This exam is very tough and requires too much of hard work. There will be general knowledge questions also. So, you must keep yourself updated in that field also. For more details of the exam, you must visit their official website
www.upsc.gov.in
15th October 2010, 08:38 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

It seems that you are in a bit of confused position!

Please don't be confused at this stage when you are ready to complete the MCA course.

MCA is itself is such a great course that you can go for more higher studies regarding it like going in the research field.

Applying for the Phd in your specialized subject in the prestigious IITs and IISc you can get JRF if you have sufficient percentile in your master's degree.

Now if you are interested to face the IAS exam, of course you can apply for it when the notification of the UPSC comes put in the national daily or employment news.

As you have done your Master's course you are surely eligible to sit for the IAS exam.

Look for those notifications and apply according to that.

For more updated information you can visit the official site of UPSC:
www.upsc.gov.in

All the best!
15th October 2010, 10:54 PM
vik111

Dear,

You are at the moment doing MCA it mean you are eligible for applying IAS examination conducted by UPSC every year. Any graduate in any stream are eligible for indian administrative service, but for getting success one must be motivated,energetic,courgeous,enthusiastic and highly intelligent. For clearing IAS one needs hard study and coaching from most intelligent experts.

good luck
16th October 2010, 12:36 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

of course you can do IAS after MBA .

FOR this your age limit must be 21-30. for general.

there is age relaxation for SC/ST and OBC.

you have to choose any subject in your choice for IAS.

all the best
21st October 2010, 09:41 PM
rahul_kumar066

Dear
Check the detail for giving the ias examination and be entrant for ias after mca
Good luck
13th November 2010, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

I have done bca from distance education program..with an aggregate of 72%..nd my 12 %age is 47 and 10 is 50 in cbse board..will my 10 and 12 %age matters at the time of entrace for mca colleges and most importantly job..tel me plz..
11th January 2011, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

what is the career option in indian airforce for girls after MCA?
i hav not pcm at 2 level.
20th January 2011, 01:41 AM
abhimanyu2688

you are eligible to become ias.
to become ias you will have to clear upsc civil services exam.
21st January 2011, 03:09 PM
mychandru024

you can take up both the exams. so, take both of them and prepare for them simultaneously since in both you can choose your subjects. so its 2 in 1. do it ,ALL THE BEST.
19th March 2011, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

sir i have done graduation in B.sc comp sci and Then MCA .i have interest in IAS,PCS. plz what subjects i have to choose?
20th March 2011, 02:19 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Hi,
For IAS ,educational qualification required is graduation degree from a recognized university.
So you are already eligible for this exam after your graduation.This exam is conducted by UPSC every year as civil services exams.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Educational Qualifications for IAS :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

For more details:www.upsc.gov.in

regards
Kapila
15th April 2011, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

sir i m apersuing mca from JNU, delhi,...and i m intrested in ias preparation ...actually i wnt to know whether i should prepare for ias now...or after mca....
and the problem lying with me is my family needs job....this is my 2 nd year....i m in two option 1.prepare now but there is chance to be bad in mca..
2. prepare for ias after 2 years of job ..........which one will be better plz guide me........but in there is a nice environment for ias in JNU...
regards .......abhishek khare...mca, JNU , new delhi..
email- [email protected]
27th April 2011, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

dear sir i have done master computer application student so i want to know the information
29th April 2011, 04:17 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to do IAS after MCA?

IAS : Indian Administrative Service

the basic info about this exam is

IAS is an central service and also deeply regarded as d most prestigious job..

Like this service there are other 24 services for which a common entrance test is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)

The main basic eligibility criteria for Civils Service Examination

->Candidate must have 21 years of age

->Candidate must complete at least degree from a recognized Indian University

this is all about the basic eligibility criteria of CSE

As per your qualification if you have completed Degree then definitely you are eligible for the exam..

You can go through the examination code for Civil Service Examination in the official website of UPSC

i.e.

www.upsc.gov.in

regards

~aditya~
30th April 2011, 01:06 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

IAS exam is held by UPSC and after MCA you are eligible for appearing in IAS exam for more information visit www.upsc.gov.in
13th May 2011, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam,

I have completed MCA in correspondence. can i apply for ias / kas? What are the suitable subject ?
Your suggestion will help me to achieve my goal.

Please suggest me is there any other government jobs available for MCA Candidates ?

-With regards,

Sravanthi
30th November 2011, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

I did MCA in 2010, now i want to start prparation for IPS. So, Please suggest me some sutaible subject.Plz help me.
1st December 2011, 12:01 AM
brijesh2970

Quote:
regargds...
Shahab Saquib Sohail
Yes, You are eligible to apply for IAS Examination After completing MCA Course. Because to apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.

So, If your aim is to become IAS Officer Then you need to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

The examination was Conducted By UPSC Every year and For this year examination was already completed, And If you are Really Interested to become IAS Officer then please apply for the UPSC Civil services examination, the examination was Held in 2 Stages Preliminary examination and Main examination. Preliminary examination are Also Known as CSAT Examination (Civil services aptitude test).

The Preliminary examination are Objective type and there are 2 papers in this examination Both are of same marks, And After clear the Preliminary examination you are eligible for Main examination, In main examination you have to choose the Optional Subjects.

=> So, If you are Interested in this examination, then please apply for this examination in the month of February after the declaration of Notification. Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online By visit the UPSC website OR purchase the application form directly from the post offices in India.

The Notification of 2012 examination was Published in 04/Feb/2012 In the employment newspaper and after 04/Feb/2012 You are eligible To fill the application form. General candidates will gets only 4 attempts in this examination.

So, After Graduation candidates are eligible to apply for this examination and your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for Other Reserved category candidates and If you need More Information, then please visit the UPSC Official website -http://upsc.gov.in

Good Luck!!!!
28th December 2011, 03:09 AM
Unregistered

sir please tell me, i m in final year of mca student so in IAS entrance exam can i choose computer subject .
28th December 2011, 09:56 PM
abhisek.sonu

dear friend,
First i appreciate your aim, then i would like to give you some suggestion that:

For IAS, you MCA degree is not needed, you can apply for IAS exam after your BCA degree.

If you have cross the age of 21 years than you can apply for it.

For IAS, you have to first face prelims test & then after selection in prelims you will be called for mains exam, & then you will be called for interview.

For more information regarding IAS eligibility & other criteria, kindly visit:
www.upsc.gov.in
10th July 2012, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Hi All, I need i small help from you guys.So kindly help me.
I have done my 10 2 with Bio,Phy,Chem and Math.I have done BCA from IGNOU and MCA from UOP.
Currently i am working with a MNC as software Engineer but now i want to go in administrative service
I want to know which paper will be best for me if i prepare for IAS.
So please suggest me the paper so that i can plan according to that for next year of Entrance.

Ant Suggestion must be Appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
24th January 2013, 10:54 AM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Sir...
You have completed your graduation, so you are eligible for the CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION, through which you can apply for the IAS (INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE) ,. As the minimum educational qualification needed for this examination is a graduation in any stream but from a recognized college.
So , according to the qualification needed , you are eligible for this examination.
UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) conducts this examination every year.
Through this civil service examination one can apply for the INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE (IAS), INDIAN POLICE SERVICE (IPS), INDIAN FOREIGN SERVICES (IFS), & INDIAN REVENUE SERVICE (IRS), according to their rank & performance in the civil service examination.
The selection procedure :-
1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW.

CSAT EXAMINATION SYLLABUS :-

Optional subjects for a candidate in CSAT-

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years, There are some years of the age limit relaxations are also applicable for the reserved categories.

No. of attempts-

Four for the GENERAL candidates,
SEVEN FOR THE OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates,..

For more information , please visit this official website by clicking here-www.upsc.gov.in

Thank You
~Gamble~
7th April 2013, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

wht kind of subj we have take after 2 in graduation to become IAS officer????
13th April 2013, 02:35 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
regargds...
Shahab Saquib Sohail
To be eligible for ias exam the eligibility is:

*you have done your graduation from recognized university.
*age limit 21-30 yrs..

and you can apply for the exam online at www.upsconline.nic.in
the exam is done in 2 parts;

1.Prelims written
2.mains written..
13th April 2013, 05:28 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
wht kind of subj we have take after 2 in graduation to become IAS officer????
You can take any subjects as per your choice.

You can take arts subjects like history and Geography and Englsih

In the UPSC Mains Exams you have to choose two optional appers from the below list of subjects

Agriculture
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Anthropology
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce and Accountancy
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
History
Law
Management
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science and International

In the Prelims Exams you area sked questions from two subjects and the syallabus for these are:

Paper One
History of India and Indian National Movement.
Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization.
General Science.
Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.

Paper Two
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision-making and problem-solving
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) Data
interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.
English Language Comprehension skills
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?