26th February 2015, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

IAS or IES, which is better for MCA postgraduate?

Hello
kindly suggest me that IAS and IES
both are in which one better????
and which one i am prepared as
i have completed mca
please give me reply

27th February 2015, 10:43 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: IAS or IES, which is better for MCA postgraduate?

Being an MCA post graduate it is better to go with IAS rather IES. Yes, there is good demand for Engineering graduates in IES rather MCA graduates. Indian Engineering Services in the name itself it is saying that "Engineering Services", and this IES examination is conducted by UPSC which gives high importance to Engineering graduates. You have mentioned that, you are an MCA post Graduate so kindly check the following instructions.

>> If you have passed MCA after completion of B.E/ B.Tech, then I would strongly suggest you to go with IES.

>> Or else (i.e., if you have passed MCA after completion of General Degree (B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com..) then go with IAS rather IES.
27th February 2015, 06:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and IES stands for Indian Engineering Services. Both IAS and IES examinations are best examinations for a candidate who is interested to join in these services. To be eligible to become an IAS or IES officer, you must have completed Bachelor's degree course in Engineering course from a recognised university. Since, you have already pursued MCA course, it is best to opt for IAS examination because, only candidates who have completed Graduation course in Engineering/Technology are eligible to appear in IES examination. .
15th April 2015, 05:26 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear I strongly suggest you to go with IAS. I am telling you according to the rank/level you will get after join into the job. But if you have interest in Engineering side then definitely you can approach the IES Examination.

For both exams the similarities are same in the sense of Age criteria. And also both Exams are conducted by UPSC. But only the candidates having the graduation (B.E/B.Tech in the below fields are only applicable )

Four streams for the IES Examination :

1.Mechanical Engineering

2.Civil Engineering

3.Electronics and Communication Engineering

4.Electrical Engineering

No other stream candidates are eligible to apply for IES. So try to confirm it whether you has a above streams in your graduation or not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?