6th September 2011, 01:36 PM
reshmapatel

When to start preparation for UPSC Exam to go for IPS or IAS being a candidate of MCA?

i M a student of MCA i want to go for IPS or IAS in future i want u to help me in framing my future study . as above mentioned plz do tell me When to start the study of UPSC exam & I would really be thankful to.

Related Questions:
  1. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  2. What is the right time for preparation for IPS or IAS exam?
  3. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  4. How to start preparation for UPSC IAS? I am a student of BSc 1st year
  5. How to start preparation for IAS exam while pursuing CSE?
  6. How to become an IAS officer after passing electrical engineering? How to start preparation for UPSC entrance
  7. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech?
  8. When to start preparation for IPS Exam?
  9. How should I start my preparation to become an IPS being a candidate pursuing final year of BE?
  10. How to start preparation for IAS and IPS from 10th standard?
  11. How to start my preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of ECE? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  12. How can i do IAS preparation through non-medical field?
  13. How to prepare for CSAT and where should I start from?
  14. How to start preparation for UPSC examination(IAS)?
  15. What are the steps required to prepare for IAS/IPS? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to start my preparation from college days to become an IPS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  17. Is it possible to start the IPS career in just 1st year of graduation? -- [New]
  18. Percentage required in graduation for preparation of IAS exam?
16th September 2011, 06:33 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: When to start preparation for UPSC Exam to go for IPS or IAS being a candidate of MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reshmapatel View Post
i M a student of MCA i want to go for IPS or IAS in future i want u to help me in framing my future study . as above mentioned plz do tell me When to start the study of UPSC exam & I would really be thankful to.
Nice decision to become an Civil Servant after completing your technical studies.
All the studies which are done by you are enough for education qualifications to appear in IAS exams.

There is no need of further studies.
I hope you will be more than 21 years of age as already you have more than one degree in your hand.

you are perfectly eligible for the examination
Now
All you have to do is.
wait for the notification to get released and then apply for the same.
Mean while you have to prepare well for the three stage examination pattern i.e., CSAT(Preliminary screening test)
Mains (Higher level filtering test)
Personal Interview(Final approval of job from eminent scholars).

Coming to preparation only thing I can say is how effective you use the time while preparing that great will be your result.

so start as early as possible then you can easily see the taste of success.
Little little preparation will do much work than whole stuff at one time.

So prepare slowly and steadily then definitely the so called vast syllabus can be completed soon.

The preparation procedure followed by each and every person varies from the other . Some can get prepared on their own while some other can't prepare without the help of Coaching center.

I also prefer and suggest to take coaching from any renowed Institute if your financial position permits.

if not also its not a big problem. Coaching just enhances your chances with paid affection.

I hope you understood. One final word for you. Start the preparation as early as possible. That's what I can say you.

Regards

~aditya~
10th October 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: When to start preparation for UPSC Exam to go for IPS or IAS being a candidate of MCA?

exam conducted for ias and ips is same or different?
20th January 2012, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: When to start preparation for UPSC Exam to go for IPS or IAS being a candidate of MCA?

Please suggests some books for the preparation of UPSC exams.
30th March 2013, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i passed 12th with pcm & i want to do eco(hons.) in future.please prove me information about how to prepare where to prepare either patna / varanasi

or some more information if you can
30th March 2013, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i gave exam 12th right now with PCM.i am interest in civil exam.

Can you help me to prepare for it from now itself

sir, which subject honour is better for me either economic or accountance or mathematics.

Thank yu
30th March 2013, 06:35 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i gave exam 12th right now with PCM.i am interest in civil exam.

Can you help me to prepare for it from now itself

sir, which subject honour is better for me either economic or accountance or mathematics.

Thank yu
Minimum eligibilty to appear in the UPSC Exams is Graduation Pass in any stream

Age should be between 21 and 30 years
OBC can apply till 33 years
SC/ST can apply till 35 years

Attempts- For General 4 times
OBC-7 times

This exam is held in 3 stages-Prelims, Mains and Interview

In the Prelims exams there are two appers.
Both are of objective type

Syallabus of the Prelims exams papers is:

Paper one
History of India and Indian National Movement.
Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights
Issues, etc.
General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require
subject specialization.
General Science.
Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics,
Social Sector initiatives, etc.

Paper Two
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision-making and problem-solving
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) Data
interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.
English Language Comprehension skills

For Preparations you should join a coaching class for IAS preaparations in your 3rd year of Graduation
30th March 2013, 08:33 PM
AsK_Mohit

I'm going to give a straight forward answer to your question,my friend.
You know when before you start preparing for civil services you must use google and magazines to read testimonials of people who have already cleared this prestigious and extremely tough examination.
The articles you will read will make you aware and guide you how to start when to start,the books you need,everything.
According to me you must start maximum by july end and prepare by devoting atleast 6-8 hrs a day by reading all about indian history,culture,problems,society.
Everything.

Gradually,You will see yourself become more and more enthusiastic about all this civil service exam and you will be eager to learn more if you are preparing seriously.
Dont take this as a joke.you really do need all the dedication,devotion and determination to crack Civil service exam.

All the Best
8th June 2022, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Please suggest me the books And As well as the how to start the Reading,Iam not able to take coaching due to Financial Issues.
11th June 2022, 12:43 PM
aksharaanant

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.

IPS stands for Indian Police Services.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

It sounds nice that you want to become a civil servant.

So, to become a civil servant or crack UPSC exam, firstly, you should about all regarding this exam.

UPSC exam is conducted for civil services jobs like, IAS, IPS, IFS, etc.

The eligibility criteria required for UPSC examination is mentioned below:-

1. Candidates must passed graduate degree in any stream with first division from any recognised college or , university.

2. Final year candidates are also eligible for this exam.

3. Age:- 21 years - 32 years.

4. Nationality:- Indian.

5. No. of attempts:- General - 06, OBC - 09, SC/ST -unlimited till age limit.

6. Age Relaxation:- 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?