24th June 2011, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS exam after scoring 50% in BCA and 60% in MCA through distance education?

I
have scored 50% marks in BCA. I have completed my MCA with 60% marks but in distance education. Can i apply for IAS exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for UPSC IAS exam after completion of distance BCA? -- [New]
  2. Is this a good decision of doing MCA from IGNOU having completed BCA through Distance Education?
  3. Am I eligible to study MCA in Abroad being a Distance BCA student?
  4. Possibility to join Distance MCA for BCA graduate? Course duration and fee of Part Time MCA?
  5. Is it possible to pursue admission for MCA after doing MCA distance education?
  6. List of colleges offering MCA course at regular level for students who did BCA through distance learning?
  7. How to apply for IAS or IPS exam? I am a final semester student of BCA
  8. Best colleges for MCA with Distance Education in Delhi NCR?
  9. Procedure for MCA distance education? is there any entrance for MCA?
  10. Am I eligible to study full time MCA being a distance BCA graduate with Arts background? Where to apply?
  11. Is distance education invalid in MNC companies? Which is better between B.Tech and MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is distance course not accepted by MNC's? What should I choose between regular MCA and B.Tech after completion of BCA?
  13. Is MCA distance course best for me after completing BCA with 64.6%? Is the distance learning course reliable for best placements?
  14. Am I eligible to get admission for MCA in good colleges being a candidate of pursuing BCA through Distance Education?
  15. Is Distance Education courses available in IIT-JEE ? List of Top University for MCA
  16. Procedure to take admission for MCA distance course in JNU?
  17. What is the qualification required to apply for MCA? I have completed my BCA in Bharathiar University
  18. Will I be eligible for admission if my BCA degree is of Distance Education?
27th September 2011, 10:54 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I apply for IAS exam after scoring 50% in BCA and 60% in MCA through distance education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I
have scored 50% marks in BCA. I have completed my MCA with 60% marks but in distance education. Can i apply for IAS exam?
hi ..!!

IAS Entrance examination is the nick name for Civil Service Examination . This is the common entrance examination for getting recruited into top services like IAS(indian Administrative service) IPS ,IFS,IRS etc.,

This examination is conducted by UPSC Union Public service Commission..
It has separate code for this examination. Known as the toughest examination.

Coming to your question as per my analysis. you are seeking that are you eligible with the degrees done by you one in regular other in the distance mode.

Coming to the eligibility of this examination.

->Candidates must simply clear two things.

i.e., you should complete atleast a degree

and one more thing is you should atleast have 21 years of age. then you are called eligible to write this examination.

there is no bar of percentages or the stream of education done by you
for example'

The MBBS degree holders are eligible to write this examination.
and equally
the B.Tech graduates are also eligible.

so by this the conclusion is you are eligible for the examination

forgot to tell you there is no mandatory terms that you have to do regular studies. the degree holders of distance mode are also eligible.

I think you are doubts got clarified

happy to help you

regards

~aditya~
27th September 2011, 11:29 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS exam after scoring 50% in BCA and 60% in MCA through distance education?

dear friend,

Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various All India Services including I.A.S., I.P.S., I.F.S.,I.R.S., and various Group A Services and Group B Services.

Normally applications are invited by UPSC notifications in leading News Papers during December every year.

The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages.

1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type) (Usually conducted in May)
2. Civil Services Main Examination (Written) (Conducted during October/November)
3. Interview and final Selection (During April/May)

Eligible criteria ::

Here I have mentioned the eligible criteria for IAS (Indian Administrative Service) :

1. Minimum Educational Qualification:

Degree of any recognized university. However candidates studying in final year examination may apply for Preliminary. When he applies for Main Examination, he shall be a Graduate.

2. Age Limit:

Minimum Age: 21 as on 1st August during which they will write Exam.

Maximum Age: 30 for OC, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC.

3. Number of attempts:

General Candidates 4

OBC 7

SC/ST No Limit

As you have 50% in BCA and 60% in MCA, so you are very much eligible for IAS examination.

all the best.

good day.
27th September 2011, 02:15 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS exam after scoring 50% in BCA and 60% in MCA through distance education?

Quote:
I
Hello friend,
For Indian Administrative Service, you just need to be a graduate, no matter how much marks you scored in the final year exam.
If the university is recognized, it doesn't matters if you have pursued the course through regular classes or through distance learning program.

Now, since you are a graduate, you can definitely write the exam provided you are within the age limit of 21-30 years.
The maximum age limit for candidates belonging to OBC category is 33 years and for candidates belonging to SC?ST category is 35 years.
27th September 2011, 03:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I
Dear friend,

Yes , BCA student are eligible for IAS exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

Those candiadte are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?