4th September 2012, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for IAS exam after completing MCA?

am i eligible to appear in IAS exam i have completed MCA this year from a college certified by AICTE........

5th September 2012, 02:05 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IAS exam after completing MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
am i eligible to appear in IAS exam i have completed MCA this year from a college certified by AICTE........
Yes definitely your eligible for IAS Examination After Completing your MCA Course . The Minimum Qualification to apply for this Examination, the candidate should Qualified in graduation . So, as per your Academic Qualification your eligible for IAS Examination .

But you have not mention your age limit . To apply for IAS Examination your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years and relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates and obc candidates . So, you age is in below 30 years then your eligible for IAS Examination .

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service .

It is one of the Civil Service Examination which is Conducted by Union Public Service . To apply for IAS Examination you should satisfy the eligibility Criteria .

Eligibility Criteria require for IAS Examination :-

Academic Qualification :- You should Complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university . Final year candidate can also eligible to apply for IAS Examination .

The Candidate who Complete Master degree Course may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

There is no Minimum Percentage of marks require for this Examination , the candidate who are completing Bachelor degree Course with Pass Mark are eligible to apply for IAS Examination .

Important :- 10th/2th / Diploma candidates are not eligible for IAS Examination .

Age limit and Number of Attempts :-

Your age should be Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years and age relaxations will given for sc/st candidates for 5 years and obc candidates for 3 years .

Every candidate are eligible to apply for Attempt for 4 times and OBC candidates for 7 Times and there is no Limit for sc/st candidates .

IAS Examination Pattern :-

Reference Books for IAS Examination :-

♦ CSAT ( Civil Services Aptitude Test )by Chandresh Agrawal
♦ CSAT Civil Services Aptitude Test ( General Studies Solved Papers )
♦ CSAT ( Civil Services Aptitude Test ) by Madhukar Bhagat
♦ CSAT ( Civil Services Aptitude ) by Dr Manish Ranjan, Rajneesh Singh, Annita

For More details Please Visit Here :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
5th September 2012, 02:29 PM
shadab879

Yes. Of course you are eligible for IAS exam. Indian Administrative Service(IAS) is one of the most reputed posts in the country. Since you are doing MCA, you can definitely appear for IAS exam. The civil service exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) for the recruitement of IAS/IPS/IFS etc.
For writing the IAS exam there are some eligibility criteria on the basis of educational qualification, age and citizenship. More details about the eligibility criteria for IAS exam is given below:
#Educational qualification: Candidate must be graduate in any stream from any university under University Grants Commission (UGC)

#Citizenship: Candidate must be an Indian

citizen.
#Age limit: Minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years for general category, for OBC it will be minimum 21 and maximum 33 years and 35 years for SC/ST.

IAS exam 2012 syllabus:
Exam syllabus for 2012 IAS exam consists of preliminary and main exams. Preliminary exam for IAS 2012 consists of objective type questions where as in main exams there will be written test.

IAS 2012 preliminary exam syllabus

:
IAS preliminary exam syllabus consists of two papers. Both papers consists of 200 marks questions with two hours for each paper. Paper 1 includes questions relating to current affairs, Indian political system, general science, history of India etc. Paper two consists of questions related to Logical reasoning and analytical ability, Decision making and problem solving, General mental ability, numerical ability English language etc.

IAS 2012 main exam syllabus

:
IAS main exam includes questions of 2000 marks. The starting date of IAS main exam is from 5th October 2012 and it will last for 21 days. IAS main exams consists of general science paper of 600 marks, then two optional papers of 600 marks each and a essay paper of 200 marks. There will be 3 hours allotted for each paper.
5th September 2012, 03:08 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

IAS stand for Indian Administrative Service

the eligibility of the IAS exam is given below-

>>indian nationality needed

>>age between 20-30 years

>>Age relaxation for the following category available-
5 years for SC/ST candidates
3 years for OBC candidates
5 years for defence service personals
10 years for physically handicapped candidates

>>Candidate must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized institutes.

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?