8th August 2012, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

How to do Journalism? I am in class 11th from Arts stream

hii.....m in clas 11 nw in arts stream....my subjcts r english,bengali,history,educatn,sociology,homemaan ment......i wnt to do journalism ....i hv grt intrst in it so wntd to knw wat coures r der after 12 n wt is da prcntage rqrd for it....

7th September 2012, 12:49 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to do Journalism? I am in class 11th from Arts stream

There are many institutions in India which offer undergraduate and post graduate courses in journalism/mass communication.

You can enroll in Undergraduate courses in Journalism or mass communication offered by these institutions.

Minimum Eligibility

10+2 class passed from recognized board with at least 50% marks and must have english as main subject.

All reputed institutions conduct entrance exam and interview.

Exam Paper Pattern

• English
• General Knowledge
• General Awareness
• Reasoning
• Journalism Aptitude

TOP TEN Institutes offering undergraduate courses in Journalism

• The Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC),New Delhi
• Xavier Institute of Communications (XIC), Mumbai
• AJ Kidwai Mass Comm Research Centre, New Delhi
• Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune
• Asian College of Journalism Chennai
• Department of Communication & Journalism, Pune
• Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, IIJNM, Bangalore
• Manorama School of Communication, Kottayam, Kerala
• International Media Institute of India (IMII), Noida

AFTER DOING Course IN MASS Communication or Journalism YOU CAN WORK
in print and electronic media as

TV Correspondent
Radio Jockey/ RJ
Special Correspondent
Video Jockey
Editor
Event manager
Public Relations Officer
reporters
columnists
correspondents
staff or freelance writer
proofreaders
news analysts etc.
7th September 2012, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: How to do Journalism? I am in class 11th from Arts stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hii.....m in clas 11 nw in arts stream....my subjcts r english,bengali,history,educatn,sociology,homemaan ment......i wnt to do journalism ....i hv grt intrst in it so wntd to knw wat coures r der after 12 n wt is da prcntage rqrd for it....
fyi: a good book for those want to enter journalism and mass communication profession
it is also good for journalists / freshers/ freelancers to refresh their skill set. ..the below mentioned book is widely acclaimed by journalists and media faculty.

Book : How to Become a Good Journalist

Author: Raza Elahi

Price: Rs 250 ; Rs 75 (paper back)

Publisher: Atlantic Publisher, Delhi

To Buy: E-mail at [email protected] (cash on delivery)

The book can also be ordered through Flipkart.com
12th September 2012, 05:00 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY

~There are many institutions in India which offer undergraduate and post graduate courses in journalism/mass communication.

~10+2 class passed from recognized board with at least 50% marks and must have english as main subject.

TOP TEN Institutes offering undergraduate courses in Journalism

• The Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC),New Delhi
• Xavier Institute of Communications (XIC), Mumbai
• AJ Kidwai Mass Comm Research Centre, New Delhi
• Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune
• Asian College of Journalism Chennai
• Department of Communication & Journalism, Pune
19th February 2013, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

i m a 12th standard student my subject are eng, alt eng, stat, eco, maths, computer i want to become a news reporter what should i will to become a news reporter...
20th February 2013, 12:43 AM
royal@m

Hi.

Becoming a journalist can be a fun and rewarding job, but getting that job starts with a good education and a desire to work hard. Journalism is a passion. You must love competition, have a sense for hard-nosed reporting, and love to write. Most people underestimate the dedication it takes to workin the journalism field. But if you're committed to it, you can become a journalist

To become a professional journalist, one should have a graduate degree (B.A) in Journalism. The degree and postgraduate degree courses are offered by private and government colleges in India and abroad.
Basic eligibility criteria:
10th, 2 (Higher Secondary students) with any group as the major or Diploma graduatesin related fields can choose Bachelor degree in Journalism ( B.A ).
Course Duration:
The course duration for the various programs is as follows:
Diploma in Journalism is two years.
B.A (Bachelor of Journalism) is three years.
M.A (Journalism) is two years.
B.A /Diploma with Mass Communication & Journalism are also made available in many institutions.
Approximate Education Expenses:
The Total expense for doing Bachelor of Journalism and its related fields are as follows
B.A - Rs.23000/ per year - (3 Years)
M.A - Rs.35000/ per year - (2 Years)

Job Opportunities and Job Roles:
The career options that exist for journalist graduates are quite extensive. Some of them are:
Subeditors
reporters,/correspondents
columnists,
staff or freelance writer,
photojournalists,
news analysts etc
20th February 2013, 07:39 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Journalism is good course with lots of career scope in it.It is most powerful sector that shows day to day happenings in the world.If you want to become journalist in future ,you need to do several courses which are as below:

1.Diploma in Journalism

2.Bachelor's degree in Journalism

3.Post graduation in Journalism

4.B.A (Hons ) in journalism

If you want to become a good journalist ,you must have following qualities like:

>>Good communication skills.

>>Ability to interpret any matter

>>Team work

>>Creativity and ability to write

Some of good colleges for pursuing this course are as below:

1.Indian Institute of Mass Communication,Delhi

2.Xavier's Institute of communication

3.Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media

4.Asian college of Journalism

5.International Media Institute of India.

Hope the information helps you.If you have any further query ,you can leave your message here.

all the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
20th February 2013, 11:40 AM
Beawar

Dear..

Journalism is a tough but promising career. It can give you respect and money if you do it with full enthusiasm. The job of a journalist generally comes with a great responsibility and if you want to face the challenge then continue reading.

You can join Mass communication degree course after your class 12th and after that you can go for Advance diploma in Journalism too.

The eligibility is :-

12th pass candidate are eligible
more then 50% mark are necessary
No Age limit
Foreign students are also eligible for the course
Good understanding of English as well as Hindi is a must

Good colleges are :-

ISBM
SIMMC
SIMIR
Symbiosis
BALAJI

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
1st March 2019, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12 th now. I am too confused what I should do. I want to be news reporter. But for this my subject is now different so how can I be news reporter. My subjects are B. O, banking, account, Hindi and English. I have a good knowledge in English.
4th November 2019, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Right now i am in class 11(arts) actually i want to become news reader so how can i prepare for it ?
11th August 2020, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

I am humanities student I have subjects political science , history ,fine art, painting economics, hindi and English. how can I prepare for journalist
14th August 2020, 11:09 AM
deepikapandey9999

Naturally, a first step would be to study journalism in school. With a degree in mass media or journalism, your chances of being hired by a newspaper or TV station increases significantly.

You don’t, however, have to have a degree to be a journalist, but should provide writing samples if you choose to work for someone else. A great way to start is with a blog. Create a niche blog on the subject you’re passionate about or have great concerned, and begin writing stories. To learn how to start a blog, click

Click for an outline of the canons of journalism. It’s a link to PressNet. Per Wikipedia, journalists should follow “the principles of , , , , fairness, and public , as these apply to the acquisition of newsworthy information and its subsequent dissemination to the public.”

The world is your oyster in writing, but in journalism you need to have verified sources, quotes and fact check. So, when you undertake a piece, detach yourself from preconceived views and chase the facts and the people involved. Get at least two sources from each angle and begin forming the story.

If blogging doesn’t appeal to you, simply go to your local newspaper and ask for an assignment. If they find your story credible, you’ll get published. Traditionally, journalists don’t get paid very well, so there’s the likelihood of getting a story is relatively good. Some publishers may not pay you on the first few stories as they are “testing” you out.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?