4th March 2012, 08:14 AM
Unregistered

How to join Navy being a candidate of 11th class in Arts stream?

Sir my name is govind singh rathore i am in 11th with arts i am like and want to join navi

4th March 2012, 11:31 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Navy being a candidate of 11th class in Arts stream?

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of 11th class with Arts stream.

In order to join Navy, one should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.

For this, the candidate have to appear for NDA Exam which is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

One can join in following defence services by cracking this Exam.
-Army wing
-Navy wing
-Air Force wing.

The selection procedure is by
-Written Exam
-Interview

One should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this exam.

In addition, only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

As you are a candidate from 11th class with arts stream, you might not be having the subjects of Mathematics and Physics in your 11th class.

As per this criteria, you are not eligible to make entry into Indian Navy.

But, there is a scope for you to be placed in Indian Army. Because, in order to be eligible for Indian Army, one should have completed 12th class with any of the stream from a recognized institute.

You can take this exam in the final year of your 12th class. But, you should be able to show the proof of passing in 12th class when you apear for Interview.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
4th March 2012, 12:35 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy of NDA being a student of 11th Arts stream, but you are eligible for Indian Army through NDA after 12th.

NDA- NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry into Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA.

The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years of age with sound physical condition.

The candidate interested to join Indian Navy and Air Force of NDA should have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th.

So as you are from Arts stream you are not eligible for Indian Navy but you are eligible for Indian Army of NDA. Accordingly if you are interested the you may apply for Indian Army after 12th.

The selection is through Written Exam followed by Physical fitness and medical test and Interview.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
4th March 2012, 02:12 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

After 12th if you want to join navy then you go and study Navy engineering for this here
i give you all the information about this:-

Good Luck.................
23rd September 2012, 02:25 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Dear friend,
You want to serve this nation, which is really appreciable,but I would like to tell you, you are not eligible for this examination, as you are a art student,.I am very sorry friend, but nevertheless you can still apply for the INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY, through NDA .

this examination, known as NDA (NATIONAL DEFENCE EXAMINATION), conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) for twice in a year.

The minimum educational requirement for appear in this examination is a 12th degree from a recognized board.
As through this examination , one can apply for the combatant branches of this Indian army, i.e.
in
Indian Air Force (IAF),

Indian Naval academy (NA)
Indian Military Academy (IMA)

For apply in IAF & NA , you must have scored at least 60% in 12th ,with subjects physics & maths ,otherwise you can only apply for the IMA,as you are...

Examination pattern-

Age limit -

16.5-19 years all candidates..Remind that, there in not any kind of age relaxation criteria is applicable for any reserve category..

Physical requirements-

You must have Indian nationality .

You must have marital status unmarried.

Upsc's exams notifications for year 2012-

Thank you!!!
!gamble!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?