15th November 2012, 07:54 PM
sunl.123.sks @gmail.com

How to do LLB as a graduate of 37 years old?

I 37 year old graduat .i want tob do llb.is it possibal....pelase inform that to me

16th November 2012, 10:02 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do LLB as a graduate of 37 years old?

I am afraid but it isn't possible now for you to do LLB course. You do not meet the age criteria to apply for the LLB course. Earlier candidates were allowed to apply for LLB even at the age of 37 years, but recently Bar Council of India changed the rules.

According to Bar Council of India, candidates who apply for LLB so late, get unfair advantage over candidates who choses LLB as their preferred career choice. Therefore it introduced a age limit to ensure, nobody gets unfair advantage.

This rules out the possibility of you applying for the LLB course. Although there are some colleges who offer distance education degree that may offer you admission but such degrees are not recognized by the Bar Council of India, therefore you won't be able to practice in the court.

I will recommend that you consider some other option instead of LLB. For your convenient, I have written down the criteria for LLB.

LLB Eligibility

1. A graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

2. Minimum of 45 percent marks.

3. SC/ST candidates need 40 percent marks.

4. The age limit for LLB is 30 years.

5. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?