12th September 2010, 08:28 PM
ananthpeesapati

How to do PG in Neuro Specialization in National Universities? I am doing medicine 1st year

sir i'm doing medicine 1 st year i want to do pg in neurospecialization in national universities how must i prepare right from this day

22nd April 2015, 01:36 PM
swarnali chaudhuri

Smile Re: How to do PG in Neuro Specialization in National Universities? I am doing medicine 1st year

Hi,
It is good that you have already made this target to do post graduation in neuro surgery since 1st year of your current degree program. It will give you better insight and expertise in this field to become a neuro surgeon in no time. Following is the eligibility criteria to do neuro surgery which covers post graduation:
1. A candidate must first graduate and attain a medical degree in the subject of his/her choice. There is no particular degree associated with neurosurgery.
2. After completing graduation, he/she needs to do an internship program of 1 year at a respective hospital.
3. Followed by the internship one should undergo training of atleast 7 years conducted by professional neurosurgeons.Before that one must submit all the graduation test scores. They must give MCAT as per requirement and then apply for this program.
If interested you can study further to earn a doctorate degree for the same.
Some of the best national institutes are:
1. AIIMS
2. AFMC
3. St. John's medical college
4. Kasturba medical college
5. Bangalore medical college
Thanks
regards
Swarnali
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?