28th January 2018, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission in IITs after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

My name is Siddiq Jameer Patait, I am studying Diploma in Civil Engineering and I'm in second year right now. So, my question is how to take admission in IIT college after completing my Diploma and what is the procedure to take admission in IIT?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to get admission in IITs after completing Diploma engineering course to study B.Tech?
  2. Which is the better way to do degree? Completing 11th and 12th or doing diploma?
  3. Best course after completing Civil Engineering Diploma?
  4. How to get admission in Diploma in Interior Designing course after completion of BE Civil engineering at IITs? Which entrance exam will I have to pass for admission?
  5. Is there a Diploma course in IITs?
  6. Can I get admission in Mining Engineering after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  7. Can I get admission in IITs after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  8. How to take admission in diploma in civil engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  9. What can I do after completion of diploma in Civil Engineering?
  10. Admission in Architecture is possible after Diploma in Civil engineering?
  11. Procedure for doing Polytechnic after ITI (Civil)?
  12. Can I pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering after completing my Graduation with B.Com? What is the procedure to get admission for the course?
  13. What is better Diploma after 10th or degree after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can I get admission in BE Architecture after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  15. Architecture after diploma in Civil engineering?
  16. Can i take admission in Architecture after taking admission in Civil Engineering Diploma(Polytechnic)?
  17. Can I get direct admission in Lateral Entry B.Tech course if completed Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  18. What is the procedure followed to apply for B.Sc Mining engineering after completion of diploma in civil?
31st January 2018, 01:33 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in IITs after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in IIT after diploma in Civil Engineering. To get admission you have to appear and qualify in both stages of JEE.

JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) is conducted by CBSE and IIT. The examination is conducted in two stages as Mains and Advanced.

You have to qualify with a good score to get admission in IIT. You are not eligible for admission in NIT and state government colleges.

For more information about JEE visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
31st January 2018, 02:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in IITs after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

Yes, diploma candidates are eligible for admission in Indian Institute of Technology. You need to apply for Joint Entrance Examination. JEE is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. CBSE conducts JEE Main and JEE Advanced.

The last date to apply for JEE exam 2018 is over now. You need to wait for next year notification which will be available in December, 2018. You will have to clear JEE Main and Advanced for final selection in IITs for Bachelor of Technology course.
31st January 2018, 03:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You can crack Joint Entrance Examination Main and Advanced to get admission in Indian Institute of Technology after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering. Diploma candidates are eligible for admission in IITs.

There are only two attempts for diploma candidates. The first attempt in year in which you complete your diploma in Civil Engineering and second in next year.
31st January 2018, 04:07 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

In IIT college the admission of candidate will be done on the basis of Joint Entrance Examination.

For this examination, candidate must have passed 12th class in Science stream from a recognized board.

The minimum percentage required in 12th class for JEE MAIN examination is 75% in case of open and 65% is case of reserved category candidate.

As per my knowledge, you are eligible to get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in civil engineering.
31st January 2018, 04:34 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology ) it is a premier institute of India for technology course.

To get admission in course, you have to appear and qualify for JEE. JEE is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced.

So, after qualifying in entrance examination you will become eligible for admission in IIT.

Diploma candidates are not eligible to appear for admission in NIT and other institutes through JEE.
31st January 2018, 07:24 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can take admission in Indian Institute of Technology by cracking Joint Entrance Examination conducted by CBSE.

Requirements for JEE exam:

Academic qualification: 12th with PCM or diploma in engineering.

You can crack JEE Main and Advanced to get admission in IITs.
31st January 2018, 07:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Diploma in Civil Engineering candidate can apply for Joint Entrance Examination conducted by CBSE for admission in IITs.

JEE examination has two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced. You will have to clear JEE Main and JEE Advanced for admission in IITs. There are two consecutive attempts for diploma candidates to get admission in IITs.

The notification for JEE Main examination will be released in 2018 December.
1st February 2018, 09:37 AM
stutiswet2

You cannot directly take admission to 2nd year of graduation course in IITs after completing Diploma. You must complete your 12th standard first, then apply for JEE Main exam, followed by JEE Advanced Exam. If you qualify these exams, then only you will get admission to IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?