16th July 2015, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Which is the better way to do degree? Completing 11th and 12th or doing diploma?

Hello,

I have brother who studied in 10th class.we are confused that is he will go for diploma and then degree or for 11th nd12th and then degree.he is very interested in mechanical eng. .he is very clever in maths nd science also he got 3scolerships.if he goes through diploma den is that easy to take admition for degree??and is that difficult to take admition for engineering after12th?because we are in open cast also.

Related Questions:
16th July 2015, 02:45 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which is the better way to do degree? Completing 11th and 12th or doing diploma?

Its good to see that you are worried towards your brother's future. Here i suggest you that doing engineering after 12th standard is a good as well as beneficial option for every engineering aspirants. He can learn subject's like Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in more detail in 12th standard which will be beneficial for engineer's. I am also a engineering student and know that subjects in engineering is totally dependent on subjects of 12th standard. Infact in his first year of engineering he will study some related subjects like :- Engineering Physics 1&2, Engineering Chemistry, Engineering Mathematics 1,2&3 also some mechanical subjects are based on mathematics.

In mechanical engineering most of the subjects have numerical and these can only solved if a student have advance knowledge of mathematics. Also in most of the competitive exams like IIT-JEE the basic requirement is 12th standard from Non-Medical stream.

Diploma candidates are not allowed to get admission in prestigious institution's of engineering like IIT's, NIT's & BITS Pilani. Thus if you go for diploma then this option will close for him.

As your brother is intelligent student then he will prepare for IIT-JEE exam. As if he passed this examination then he will be admitted in India's top reputed colleges.

So my advice for you is that he must go for 12th standard as he want to do engineering from a good institution.
16th July 2015, 07:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is the better way to do degree? Completing 11th and 12th or doing diploma?

If your brother's aim is degree then he should go for 10 2 PCM route with preparation for engineering entrance exams because it will allow him to get admission in reputed institutes like IITs for his degree in engineering.

If he goes for diploma in engineering then there will be only one choice and that will be lateral admission which is not offered by IITs. Diploma is for those who want to do job in the technical field at a young age.
16th July 2015, 08:15 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested in doing Engineering course, then it is better to join in diploma course, because by joining in diploma course, you can gain practical experience and you can learn the basics of Engineering.
In case, if you have not decided about Bachelor's degree, then I suggest you to join in Intermediate. After the completion of Intermediate, you can join in engineering or any other courses, in which you are interested.
16th July 2015, 08:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue Degree course in any way based on your interest whether it is after completion of 12th standard or after completion of Diploma course. The duration of 11th and 12th standards is of 2 years and that of Diploma course is 3 years. You can get admission in first year of Engineering course after completion of 12th standard by appearing and qualifying Common Entrance Test whereas you can get Lateral Entry admission in Second year of four years Engineering course after completion of your three years Diploma course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?