23rd June 2012, 08:32 PM
dushyantmishra0

How to be a government teacher after graduation from DU?

i just did graduation from du. now i want to be a govt. teach but i dont have any teaching exp. can i go for it.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a Teacher post in government sector if done PG Diploma in Educational Administration & Supervision?
  2. How to get a job of government teacher in central school after completing graduation from IGNOU BSc
  3. Can BCA graduation become a teacher in government school
  4. Am I eligible for government computer teacher after completing BCA? How to get a government teacher job?
  5. How to get a teacher job in central government? What is the procedure and which exam do I have to answer? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I do B.Ed from CCS university? Which are the teaching subjects in B.Ed? After B.Ed what are the requirements for TGT and PGT courses? Is there any post or vacancy in government schools for government teachers?
  7. Could I get permanent Job in Government School in future having completed Post Graduation with Arts stream and B.Ed from MDU and working in a Government School as a Guest Teacher?
  8. Latest qualifications required and exams to pass to be a government Teacher?
  9. Can I get government job as a teacher after completing graduation from Annamalai University?
  10. How to be a government teacher after graduation from DU?
  11. Can I apply for Government Teacher recruitment if secured 59% in 10th, 56% in 12th, 54% in Graduation and 63% in M.Com being a 36 years old candidate?
  12. How to be a teacher under central government in Mumbai?
  13. Any opportunity available for job after passing M.A, BSc, B.Ed?
  14. Can I apply for primary teacher in government school of Delhi after scoring 40% in graduation and 50% marks in PG?
  15. Which course or test should I go for becoming a government teacher after completing graduation in computer application?
  16. What should I do next to get a Government teachers job after completion of graduation with 71%? -- [New]
  17. Regular B.Ed after teaching in a school recognized by W.B government and 48% marks in graduation and M.A?
  18. Can I be eligible for government teacher post after completing BCA? What is the procedure to apply for the post of government teacher
30th August 2012, 11:16 AM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to be a government teacher after graduation from DU?

For Getting Teacher job in private or Govt Sector you need to do B.ed course.

B.ed is 1/2 years post graduate degree course offered to student who wish to make career in teaching by many institutions/university.

There are two way to do B.ed course

Correspondence
Regular

For Correspondence B.ed Course you need to have 2 years Teaching Experience in a school recognized by the Govt plus you should be graduate but for regular B.ed Course such Experience is not required and graduation from recognized university with 50% marks is enough to apply in Entrance Exam conduct by many universities .

Many State and Central Universities offering this course conduct entrance exam , you can sit for those exam and after clearing exam apply for B.ed course.

However if you are interested in Correspondence B.ed you should start teaching in Small School who are recognized by Govt and employ candidate to teach without B.ed qualification.

CORRESPONDENCE B.ED can be done from

• Annamalai University
• Madurai Kamaraj University
• Bangalore University
• Andhra University
• Kakatiya University
• IGNOU
and
many more universities.

Some of the universities conduct entrance examination for Regular B.ed are given below.

Delhi University
Aligarh Muslim University
Alagappa University
Annamalai University
Pune Univerity
CCS (Meerut University)

Examination Syllabus

1.english comprehension

2.mental ablity

3.reasoning

4.general awarness

5.aptitude for teaching
30th August 2012, 02:27 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become teacher for government schools then you will have to appear in the entrance exam called TET. The TET exam which stands for Teachers Eligibility Test is conducted both on state levels and central level. Only candidates who would be able to pass this test are eligible to get teachers job in government schools.

These days It does not matter how much experience you have in teaching field, if you want government job then TET exam is must for you. The Teachers Eligibility Test was introduced by the central government after coming across huge criticism for the poor educational standards in the government schools.

It was found out that a large number of teachers were not eligible for the job. This was seen as major reason for drop in education quality. As a result central government made TET exam mandatory to recruit teachers both in central government funded schools and the state government schools.

The central government version of exam is called CTET. The responsibility of conducting this exam has been given to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. While on state level, each state separately conducts its own Teachers Elibility Test.

Therefore firstly you would have to decide whether you want to appear for CTET or the TET exam. Please remember that passing CTET exam would give you teaching job in the central governmen schools, Kandriya Vidhalaya, Tibetan Schools etc. While the results of TET would be valid in a specific state.

The advantage of taking CTET is that you would be eligible to get job in private schools that are affiliated with CBSE. This is not possible with TET. However on the other hand it is worth mentioning that CTET is far difficult exam comparing to TET and the percentage of candidates passing CTET is also very low.

Eligibility For CTET

1. You should be Indian national.

2. Must have graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university.

3. After graduation course, you would have to study B.Ed course.

4. Must score 55 percent marks in B.Ed

5. There is no age limit to appear in CTET Exam.
22nd February 2013, 09:03 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

If you want to become a government teacher, alongwith the basic qualification , the necessary degree to have is – B.Ed.

B.ed. – Bachelor of Education.

Eligibility for B.Ed. –

Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum 50 % from a recognised university.

Duration Of the course –

One year.

Best Colleges In India offering B.Ed. course –

Kamla Baliga College of education

Moghal college of Education

Lakshmi College of Education

School of Pedagogical Science

Institute of advanced Study in education

Government College of Teacher Education

After doing B.Ed., you will have to qualify TET.

TET – Teacher’s Eligibility Test.

Eligibility for TET –

Graduation from recognized university.

You should also have B.ed. degree

Once you qualify TET also, you will get teacher’s job in any government school.
5th June 2014, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

i completed my graduation from school of open learning du but i didnt score 50% marks and i want to become a govt, teacher so what would i do? b.led or b Ed n from where? plz suggest me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?