1st August 2013, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

How to join defence after passing 12th?

i will be passing my 12th in this march,further i want to join defence am comfortable with two forces i.e navy and air force mostly air force.i want to know about the further process is there an university,or an exam or somthing else.i need your help for further scope?

23rd March 2015, 02:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join defence after passing 12th?

The best way to join Defense after 10+2 is through National Defense Academy Entrance exam.

Union Public Service Commission conducts entrance exam for this academy twice every year and the eligibility criteria for the entrance exam is as below:

>>10+2 passed or appearing or its equivalent from a recognized board. For Indian Airforce and Indian Navy, mathematics and physics at 10+2 level is compulsory.

>>Your age must lie between 16.5 to 19 years.

>>You must be unmarried male Indian citizen.

If you meet these requirements, you can apply for the NDA-II,2015 for which important dates are as below:

>>Date of Notification:20/06/2015

>>Last date of receiving application:17/07/2015

>>Date of entrance exam:27/09/2015

The official website for online application is www.upsconline.nic.in

The examination pattern for the N.D.A entrance exam is:

For any more details or previous year papers, you can visit www.upsc.gov.in

Try to practice previous years papers as it will give you an idea about what type of questions are generally asked in entrance exam. Arihant Publication books for N.D.A entrance exam is the best.
26th March 2015, 12:04 PM
varam09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i will be passing my 12th in this march,further i want to join defence am comfortable with two forces i.e navy and air force mostly air force.i want to know about the further process is there an university,or an exam or somthing else.i need your help for further scope?
To join Defence after 12th, its better you give NDA (National Defense Academy) Exam.

Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to give this exam.It is conducted for entry into 3 wings Army, Airforce, and Naval wings.

Candidate must be 12th passed or 12th appearing with in the age of 16.5-19 years.

For Army wing, 12th appearing or 12th passed candidates from recognized university are eligible.

For Airforce and Naval Wing 12th appearing or 12th passed from recognized university with Physics and Mathematics as their subjects are eligible.

Exam Pattern:

Written exam

Interview

Medical test
28th March 2015, 01:16 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can join Defence by appearing in the NDA examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year but for this the age requirement is 16.5-19years.The notification regarding the examination are uploaded on upsc.gov.in .You can apply for it in the month of January and June .

The examination is of 6 hrs on the same day in which there are two papers .
1.Mathematics ----300 marks and 120,questions.
2.General Ability ---600 marks and 150questions.

After you qualify in this examination a call letter for your next test SSB will come and finally qualifying in it will led you to get admission in army training academy.

You can also apply directly for SSB if you secure better aggregate in PCM through TES ( Technical Entry Scheme).This is also taken twice in a year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?