28th April 2012, 01:11 PM
nbsankar007

How to join Diploma in Horticulture after completion of SSC?

diploma in horticulture
sir i have completed ssc , could you please tell me , how to enter into horticulture?

Related Questions:
  1. What can I do after completion of SSC? Can I do diploma or 11th and 12th science?
  2. What are the job opportunities in BSc horticulture? Can I join MSc horticulture after completing BSc horticulture
  3. Government jobs for Diploma holder in Horticulture?
  4. In which field should I join Diploma course after completion of SSC being a candidate poor in Maths?
  5. Which eligible course should I choose related to Biotechnology having completed diploma in Horticulture?
  6. Which course is a better choice for me between 10+2 and Diploma after completion of SSC with 80% of marks?
  7. Can I join Diploma in Mining Engineering after completion of SSC? Which Entrance Exam should I appear for this? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How may I get a job in Horticulture department at Himachal Pradesh? I've a diploma in Horticulture and Forestry and have completed 22 years of service in Army
  9. List of the colleges or universities offering MSc in pomology or vegetable crops?
  10. Is it possible to join Engineering colleges in other states after completion of Diploma course?
  11. Eligibility criteria to become a Horticulture and Agriculture Inspector in HP?
  12. How to join Mining diploma with SSC qualification? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Should I join MSc Horticulture or MBA Agriculture? Which will offer better pay package? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Job Opportunities in Horticulture after completion of 12th?
  15. How to join NITS after completion of diploma course?
  16. How to join B.Arch course after completion of civil diploma course? -- [New]
  17. List of colleges to enroll in diploma engineering after completion of SSC with 78.55% marks?
  18. Is SSC enough for pursuing Diploma in Pharmacy? Is entrance exam necessary or can I join directly?
19th March 2013, 10:36 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join Diploma in Horticulture after completion of SSC?

Horticulture Career Prospects

Horticulture is a field that holds ample scope. Whether you want to be full-time or part-time horticulturist, whether you have your own piece of land or not, you can take up this line and make a decent living out of it.

This career is extremely lucrative since not only are the demands for good plants, flowers, fruits increasing but the technology (in terms of preserving these perishable products) too is becoming more sophisticated which ensures better results. The export industry is also helping build up the number of available jobs.

The demand of a commercial horticulturist in today’s rapidly growing horticulture industry has increased considerably. There is a vast employment opportunity in the commercial or environmental sectors as well as in research and journalism.

Both public and private sectors offer employment to qualified and trained horticulturists with attractive remuneration. There are also job openings in UK and US for trained and qualified horticulturists.

Horticulture Pay Package

The monthly remuneration of an Asst. horticulture inspector (appointed by respective state or central government) starts from Rs 7000 and goes up to Rs 17, 000 depending upon experience and total years of service. District Horticulture Officers get monthly salary more than Rs 20, 000. The salary of Horticulturists and scientists varies between Rs 18, 000 and 25, 000.

The salary of a horticulture professionals in private sector is more as compared to public sector. They get handsome salary apart from other benefits as fixed by the respective firm/company.

Horticulture Institutes/Universities

Kerala Agricultural University

Course: MSc (Horticulture)

University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore

Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth

University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwar

Course: B.Sc. (Hort), M.Sc. (Horticulture)

Annamalai University

Course: BSc (Horticulture)

Allahabad Agricultural Institute, Allahabad

Course: M.Sc. (Ag.) Horticulture (Vegetable Science), M.Sc. (Ag.) Horticulture (Floriculture & Land Scaping), M.Sc. (Ag.) Horticulture (Fruit Production & Post Harvest Technology)

Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapur

Course: BSc (Horticulture)

Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatre

Course: B.Sc. (Horticulture), B.Tech. (Horticulture)

Calcutta University, Kolkata

Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University
3rd June 2013, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

how to join horticultures diplomas in Andhra Pradesh
17th June 2013, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

How to join Diploma in Horticulture after completion of SSC?
17th June 2013, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed ssc , could you please tell me , how to join into horticulture?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?