2nd March 2013, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

How to join in Indian Air Force if I am a fresher in Mechanical Engineering?

i'm a fresher in mechanical engineerig.. & i don't knom how join in indian airforce?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to join Indian Air Force after doing 3rd year B.E in mechanical engineering
  3. How to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Procedure to join as Engineer in Indian Air Force? Job Opportunities in Indian Air Force?
  5. How should I join Indian Air Force? What is the procedure?
  6. Can I join indian air force after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  7. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  8. Is it possible to join in Indian Airforce after completing mechanical engineering?
  9. How can I join Air Force, Army or Navy after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Can I join Air force after completing mechanical engineering
  11. Is 12th standard compulsory to enter in Indian Air Force? Are we not eligible for Indian Air Force after SSC and after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  12. How can I join Indian Air force after completing B.E mechanical degree engineering
  13. Best Air Force college in India? Is Air Force not suitable for girls? -- [New]
  14. How can I join Air Force after doing B.E Mechanical
  15. What is the procedure for an architect to join Indian Air force
  16. How can I join Indian Army, Air Force or Navy after diploma in Mechanical? How to join after B.E Mechanical? What is the maximum age limit for joining defense?
  17. How can I join indian air force?
  18. Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force after finishing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
2nd March 2013, 08:35 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join in Indian Air Force if I am a fresher in Mechanical Engineering?

After completion of B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering you are eligible to join Indian Air Force by cracking CDS(Combined Defence Service entrance exam conducted twice every year by UPSC.

The eligible candidate wishing to join IAF of CDS, must be an Indian unmarried Male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subject of studies from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 23 years with good Physical and Mental health.

The selection is through written exam, Personal Interview, Physical Fitness test and finally through Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd March 2013, 09:19 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join in Indian Air Force if I am a fresher in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm a fresher in mechanical engineerig.. & i don't knom how join in indian airforce?

Dear Aspirant,

Since You are Fresher in Mechanical Engineering and Wish to join Indian Air force then You should have to apply for a exam of CDS, CDS stands for Combined Defense Service this exam is conducted by UPSC every year......

You can join various departments like
-Military Academy
-Indian Naval Academy
-Air Force Academy
-Officers Training Academy
Through CDS (Combined Defense Service)......

Educational Qualification:

For Joining Indian Air Force through CDS a candidate must have completed their Graduation degree with the subjects of Physics and Mathematics from Recognized Universities.....

Age Limit:

• For Indian Military Academy : 19-24 Years
  • For Air Force Academy : 19-23 Years
  • For Naval Academy : 19-22 Years
  • For Officers’ Training Academy :19-25 Years

Books for Reference

CDS Previous Years Papers (Solved)
by
Rph Editorial Board

CDS Exam Guide
by
Rph Editorial Board

Study Package For CDS
by
Atul Bhardwaj

Popular Master Guide Cds - 2010
by
R. Gupta's

Application Fee:

General and OBC candidates need to pay Rs. 200/- for Application form.....

How to Apply:

You can apply direct Online at here: www.upsconline.nic.in

Important Dates:

Opening Date for Apply Online: 10 November 2012

Closing Date for Apply Online: 10th December 2012

Date of Examination: 17th February 2013

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
2nd March 2013, 02:18 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How to join in Indian Air Force if I am a fresher in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:

hi friend,

First of all i want to salute your Choice for the Future carrier which serves the nation, It is very Good hearing that a new Young Generation are Interesting to join Indian Air Force......

As you are wishing to join Air Force you can did it by Two Ways by applying Either of 1). CDS Exam OR 2). AFCAT Exam......

Qualification Require for Air Force:

~~~~~> Applying For Both the exam A candidate should have completed their Graduation Degree in any Discipline With At least 55% from Recognized Universities.....

~~~~~> If a Candidate have Give their Final Exam and are waiting for the Result also Applicable for it.....

~~~~~> A candidate should have Nationality of INDIA....

Age Requirement:

~~~~~> Age of Candidate for CDS should be between 19 to 23 years.....

~~~~~> Age Requirement for AFCAT Exam Should be between 21 to 30 years....

Relaxation on Age:

~~~~~> A candidate of OBC category have +3 years Relaxation on Upper age....

~~~~~> For SC/ST it is +5 years.......

Exam Pattern:

1.Prelim Exam
2.Main Exam
3.Personal Interview & Physical Test

All the best.....

27th March 2013, 12:39 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For joining Air Force after your Mechanical Engineering you can apply for following examination:

-CDS(Combined Defence Services Examination)

-AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test)

You are Engineering Graduate hence you are definitely eligible for Indian Air Force.

The age limit for join Air Force through CDS exam is 19 to 23 years.

If you apply for AFCAT then you can apply for various Branches like Flying, Technical and Ground Duty branch. The age limit for diferent branch is different according to the qualification.

The selection will be mainly based on the performance in the written exam, SSB and Medical Examination.

So you have to be very well prepared then only you can make it.

You must have a good physical fitness and eyesight if you want to join Indian Air Force.

For more information visit http://www.careeraiforce.nic.in

Also download the attachment for more information.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf AFCAT.pdf(104.1 KB, 66 views)
27th March 2013, 03:16 PM
krrishh_002

Quote:

Hi Dear,

As your specifically saying joining Airforce and your from Engineering Background there are two possibilities

1. Combined Defence Service
  2. AFCAT

I Personally recommend to go for AFCAT as its for only Air Force and you can select different fields in IAF like

• GROUND DUTY
  • TECHNICAL BRANCH
  • FLYING BRANCH

AFCAT will be held every year in the month of Feb.

You can apply for this exam through:

http://www.careeraiforce.nic.in/

AFCAT needs a preparation of

• English
  • Mathematics
  • general Ability

There will be negative marking also,

If you clears the cut off you will be called to Mysore most probably for SSB selections.

You can see the attachment of this for more information like:

Physical fitness
Salaries
Eligibility
Eye Sight etc etc.

All the Best!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf File274.pdf(104.1 KB, 53 views)
27th March 2013, 11:02 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

You are fresher in engineering degree, so first concentrate on your studies then after apply for Combined Defence Service(CDS). This exam conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

CDS has three differant departments:-

Indian military academy,

Indian Naval academy,

Indian Airforce academy,

Officer training academy.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate must have to complete graduation or any equivalent bachelor's degree from a recognised university.

Applican must be an Indian origin.

Percentage is not required to apply CDS exam.

Age criteria:-

The candidates age limits should be in between 19 years to 22 years for Naval academy,

Age limits should be in between 19 to 23 years for Airforce academy,

Age limits should be in between 19 to24 years for Military academy,

Age limits should be in between 19 to 25 years for Officers Training Academy.

Selection process:-

Written exam,

Personal interview,

Medical test.

CDS exam pattern:-

For more details Click Here

All the best.
28th October 2013, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

i am subramanya.i completed BE mechanical with B and C set of ncc. its may help to join airforce?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?