13th September 2011, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join in Indian Airforce after completing mechanical engineering?

i have completed my mechanical engineering but i managed to score only a 59%. so is it possible for me to join the Indian air-force. please help me with all the necessary details.

Related Questions:
  1. Being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student, how can I join Indian Air Force? -- [New]
  2. How can I join Indian Army, Navy, Airforce after completing diploma or engineering in medical
  3. Can I join Indian Airforce through SSB exams after diploma in mechanical Engineering?
  4. Procedure to join Indian Airforce after completing Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force after finishing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Can I join Indian Airforce after diploma in instrumentation engineering?
  7. How to join in Indian Air Force if I am a fresher in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. How should I join Aeronautical engineering in airforce? What are the requirements to join Indian Air Force?
  9. After doing diploma in mechanical engineering how can I join Indian Airforce?
  10. Indian Air Force job for prefinal year engineering students?
  11. How can I join Indian Navy after completing B.E in mechanical engineering
  12. How to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. How to join Air Force after completing 12th computer science?
  14. Procedure to join Indian Air Force for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 2nd year student of 17 years old? Qualification required and age limit to apply?
  15. Being an B.Tech(CE) student, how can I join Indian Air Force if having 6'2" height?
  16. How can I join Air Force after B.E in mechanical engineering
  17. How to join Indian Army after completing B.Tech in mechanical engineering
  18. How may I join Indian Airforce after completing B.Tech(ECE)? I want to get a job in Technical branch
1st November 2011, 02:47 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join in Indian Airforce after completing mechanical engineering?

hi,
i am happy to inform you that you are eligible for for the indian air force

you can take the Combined Defence Services Examination (written test conducted by UPSC) to join the Flying branch of the Indian Air Force. Men can join the Air Force through this mode of entry and will be given a Permanent Commission.

you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:

Marital Status
Single

Nationality
Indian

Educational Qualifications
Graduate (Three Year Course ) in any discipline from a recognised university (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) / BE / B Tech (Four Year Course) .
Final Year students can also apply, provided thay do not have any backlog.
No Percentage Bar for CDSE entry.

ALL THE BEST!
10th November 2011, 12:02 AM
swapan100
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to join in Indian Airforce after completing mechanical engineering?

dear friend,

yes it is possible .
for engineers specially form will be announced which is UES
so apply this form and attend the SSB interview
after that you will surely recruited if you are fit from all sides.
best of luck.
20th December 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

i have finished my mechanical engineering with 64.5%(overall)excluding 1st year 65.2% (2nd class)....i want to know that,i am eligible or not??
20th December 2011, 11:26 PM

i have completed my B.E mechanical engg with 65.4% (second class)..i want to know that ,i am eligible for AIR FORCE or not
20th December 2011, 11:29 PM

sir i have completed my B.E mechanical engg with 65.4% second class....tell me, i am eligible for Air Force or not????
3rd September 2012, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

i have don the mechanical engineering with 69% but i have studied in autonomous college can i join the IAF
24th December 2012, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

sir.i'm pursuing b.tech from mechanical stream in 2nd year from rtu.plz kindly give guidance to be an air force officer.
22nd February 2013, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

how to become a wing commander in air force?what are the qualifications needed? after which class the preperation starts?
20th June 2013, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Sir please tell me about eye sight criteria for mechanical enginering student..
20th June 2013, 02:36 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir.i'm pursuing b.tech from mechanical stream in 2nd year from rtu.plz kindly give guidance to be an air force officer.
You can apply for the UPSC conducted CDS exams

In the CDS exams you can put Airforce as your First choice

Eligibility to apply for the CDS exams is:

Educational Qualifications:
Indian Airforce- Bachelors Degree pass in any stream and Physics and Mathematics as subjects in class 12th or BE/BTECH pass
Indian Navy - BE/BTECH pass
Indian Military Academy (IMA) - Bachelors Degree Pass in any Stream
Officers Training Academy (OTA) - Graduation Pass in any Stream

Age for applying to these exams are:
IMA- Minimum 19 years and Maximum 24 years
OTA Minimum 19 years and Maximum 25 years
Navy - Minimum 19 years and Maximum 22 years
Airforce - Minimum 19 years and Maximum 23 years
19th December 2013, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

sir , now i am doing mechanical engg. i want to work in indian air force. please tell about jobs & joining procedure for me.
23rd September 2014, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible to join in Indian Airforce after completing B Tech mechanical engineering(Spl in Automative)?

i would like to join Indian Air Force after completing my B Tech mechanical engineering(Spl. in Automotive). please help me with all the necessary details.From 10th on-words I am obtaining Distinction.
6th May 2015, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

it is possible to go in indian air force after completing b.e/ btech with computer engineering or mechenical engineering
2nd August 2015, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

hi i'm doing B. E. Mech. iam in 2nd year. my age is 21years .is it possibe to join airforce or navvy?
what should i have to do?
1st June 2017, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

I am a mechanical engineering graduate. As I am a lady candidate having 74% score is it possible to join Indian air force
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?