19th July 2017, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Army after completing BCA? Can a BCA holder apply for Engineering graduate's post in Indian Army?

Hello sir, My age is 17 years and I am very much interested in joining Indian Army as an officer. I have opted BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications) for further education. How can I join Army after completing BCA? Can I apply as an Engineering graduates in Indian Army?

22nd July 2017, 08:43 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Army after completing BCA? Can a BCA holder apply for Engineering graduate's post in Indian Army?

To join Indian Army after completion of your BCA course, you have to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to pursue BCA course. The age criteria required to appear in CDS examination is 19-24 years. By qualifying the entrance examination and clearing all the rounds of the recruitment process, you can join Indian Army through CDS examination.
23rd July 2017, 01:40 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Army after completing BCA? Can a BCA holder apply for Engineering graduate's post in Indian Army?

Bachelor of computer application candidates can apply for Combined Defense Services exam to join Indian Army. Entry to following is done through CDS exam:

Indian Military academy:19-24 years.

Naval Academy: 19-22 years.

Air Force academy: 19-23 years.

Both unmarried male and female graduates are eligible to apply for this exam. BCA holder for Indian Army and OTA. You can not apply for Engineer graduates's post after BCA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?