24th July 2013, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Army? I am from Kota Rajasthan

i love to join indian army but due to some circumstances i am now in kota ,rajasthan

3rd July 2014, 06:00 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Army? I am from Kota Rajasthan

After or during the +2 tenure, interested candidates need to write NDA Exam for the Army wing of National Defense Academy. There will be a compulsory paper of Mathematics in the NDA Exam, conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the higher secondary examination and atleast, have 40% in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English. During the time of admission, he should be 17 1/2 years and must not be over 19 years of age. The results for NDA I and NDA II usually gets declared between July to October. In case of NDA I exam, it comes out in July-August while NDA II Exam, results are declared between October-November. The SSB interviews will start in the mid-week of January.
Incase of CDS exam, The Central Defense Services comprises of a written test followed by and intelligence and personality test. The written test is for the Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy, Officers Training Academy respectively. The written exam comprise of English, General Knowledge, Elementary Mathematics of 100 marks each. Each paper is conducted for 2 hours. While on the other hand, the OTA written test comprise of two papers English and general knowledge. Each paper is for 100 marks and lasts for 2 hours. Each paper has multiple choice objective pattern questions set by UPSC. Those who qualifies the written test is called for the interview of 200 marks for OTA and 300 marks in case for IMA, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy. For the candidates who aspire to join the Air Force wing and Naval Aviation, they will also have to undergo the Pilot Aptitude Test.
Indian Air Force and Indian Navy aspirants should be graduate with Maths and Physics while Indian Army aspirants must be graduate in any discipline from any recognized university. Incase of age limit of the candidate must be between 19 to 22 years incase of Indian Navy, between 19 to 23 years for Indian Air Force and between 19 to 25 years for Indian Army.
For the fitness part, candidates has to be physically and medically fit. They shouldn't have any postural deformities like flat foot and knock knees. Overweight is strictly ruled out and height for male candidate is 157.5 cms and for female candidate is 152 cms respectively. Candidates should not be suffering from any bones and joints disease. There should not any mental ailment and fits. Eyesight should be 6/6 with correction through glasses are allowed. The elbow angle should not be more than 15 degree in male and 18 degree in case of female. X-ray of chest will be conducted and cervical ribs. There will be whispered hearing test of 610 cms for each ear.
Candidates will be running 2 to 4 KM within 15 minutes followed by 20 skipping, push ups and sit ups. They have to perform minimum 8 chin ups and three to four metre rope climbing.
You can seek coaching in EDGE Academy in Kota for NDA and CDS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?