24th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Military Academy while pursuing BBA? What is the date of the exam?

sir i am pursuing bba nd i desperately want to join indian military academy so i req u to guide me about the scheduled dates of examination and its aligibality criteria

16th January 2013, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join Indian Military Academy while pursuing BBA? What is the date of the exam?

m pursuing Bba 3rd sem nd can i join IMA at the age of 20 ?
22nd January 2013, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join Indian Military Academy while pursuing BBA? What is the date of the exam?

can i able to join indian military academy after doing b.tech. from computer science engineering?
23rd January 2013, 01:32 AM
mayankt

Hi,
If you want to become an army officer for that you have to apply for CDS exam
Eligibility criteria for this:
-age limit is 19-24 years
-qualification graduate
-nationality Indian
-physically and medically fit
-minimum height for male is 157cms and female is 152cms
If you fulfill all these criteria you can appear forthe CDS exam conducted by UPSC twice a year
After you clear the exam ther will be SSB boardinterview followed by medical board
You will be given training to become an army officer commissioned as lieutenant
23rd January 2013, 08:30 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Military Academy can be joined through CDS(Combined Defence Service) entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every year after Graduation.

The eligible candidate aspiring to join Indian Military Academy, must be an Indian unmarried Male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

The selection is through written exam followed by Personal Interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

The forth coming CDS-I exam 2013 will be held i the mid 2013, the notification will come out shotly.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
23rd January 2013, 12:04 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

So, you are a under graduating candidate, For the graduates , there is an upsc's examination, commonly known as CDS examination,..
CDS examinations stands for the COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES EXAMINATION, this examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for two times in a year.
Final years of graduating candidates are also eligible for the CDS examination.

Through the CDS examination, one can apply for the INDIAN AIR FORCE (IAF)
, INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY (NA) , INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY (IMA) & OTA (OFFICERS TRAINING ACADEMY).
For being eligible for the IAF & NA . you must have subjects PHYSICS & MATHS in 10+2+3. Also you must have scored at least 60% in 10+2+3 .
Otherwise, you can only apply for the IMA & OTA,. as you are...

You are a BBA student, so you can only apply for the IMA & OTA.

EXAM PATTERN--

PHYSICAL TEST-

The age limit for the IMA is -19-24 years,
For OTA - 19-25 years,..
There is not any kind of age limit relaxations criteria is applicable for the any reserved categories.

You must have Indian nationality.

You must have Marital status unmarried,.

Both MALE & FEMALE are eligible for the CDS examination.

For more information-www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you!!!
Gamble
23rd January 2013, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

I am a soldier in indian army. My service is 2 year. Can I apply for IMA?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?