19th January 2020, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Railways as a Loco Pilot after completion of 12th Board exams?

Hi, I have completed my 12th - Intermediate Board exams and now I wish to join Indian Railways as a Loco Pilot or Train Driver. So, what should I do for this? Do I need to study anything any course or appear for any entrance examination? Please, guide me on this.

20th January 2020, 07:58 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Railways as a Loco Pilot after completion of 12th Board exams?

Procedure to join Indian Railways as a loco pilot after completion of 12th board exam:-

The examination for loco pilot is conducted by RRB (Railway Requirement Board) time to time to fulfill the vacant positions in the railway department. The notification for the recruitment is published on the official website of RRB. The written examination for the post of loco pilot is conducted by the authority under the guidance of various railway recruitment board of the country.

The procedure to apply for loco pilot in Indian Railways are following:-
The candidate age should be in between 18 to 30 years.

The candidate must have passed 10th / equivalent and should have done ITI from a recognised university or must have completed diploma in engineering in electrical / mechanical/ electronics/ automobile engineering.

The selection of candidate is made through written exam followed by the personal interview for the qualified candidates.
20th January 2020, 09:39 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Railways as a Loco Pilot after completion of 12th Board exams?

Eligibility for Locopilot post-

The candidate should have minimum educational qualification of 10th along with ITI in specific trade( fitter, instrument mechanic / millwright/maintenance mechanic/ mechanic radio and television / electronics mechanic / mechanic motor vehicle / wireman / tractor mechanic/ refrigeration and AC mechanic / Turner / mekinist / mechanic diesel / heat engine/ winder ) or Diploma in Engineering.

Age must be in between 21 to 30 years and upper age relaxation is given to reserved category students.

Hence, you are not eligible for the post of Locopilot just on the basis of 12th.
20th January 2020, 10:55 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to join Indian Air Force after completion of intermediate:-

You can join Indian Air Force after 12th through NDA entry. For that you need to have passed 12th with science stream as physics and maths are mandatory for being a pilot in Indian Air Force .
Go for the exam, clear it, then go SSB
again clear it and then wait for merit list of India.
20th January 2020, 11:02 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

On the basis of twelth qualification, you are not eligible to apply for the post of loco pilot in Indian Railway because as per the minimum educational qualification required to apply for this post is 10th with an ITI course in specific trade or Diploma in Engineering.
21st January 2020, 10:22 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For becoming Locopilot in Indian Railways, you will have to pursue anyone of the following:
  • Diploma in mechanical/automobile/electrical or electronics, or
  • ITI in specific trade like Fitter/Electrician/Mechanic, etc.
After pursuing this course, you will have to apply for RRB Locopilot exam that is conducted by RRB regularly in different zones.

There will be Written exam conducted first followed by Personal Interview.

Age limit for this exam is between 18 to 30 years.
22nd January 2020, 02:40 PM
amishkuma

For loco pilot in indian railway you must have diploma course in any stream or pass thee year ITI course.

Class 12th not necessary.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?