15th May 2017, 04:55 PM
N ganesh

What to study after 12th to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?

Respected sir/madam, Sir/madam, I am Ganesh from Chennai, Tamilnadu,India. I have a dream of becoming a locopilot in Indian railways, I have completed my 12th std, what are the courses I have to join to become a l.p. or a.l.p.

Related Questions:
  1. Which course should I prefer in ITI to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?
  2. How to Become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after 12th Commerce?
  3. Eligibility to become a Loco Pilot n Indian Railways? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. After passing 12th with Biology can I become Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?
  5. What is the minimum qualification required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?
  6. What is the qualification required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?
  7. What to study after 12th to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways? -- [New]
  8. Whether CET exam is important for becoming a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways?
  9. Whether PCM students are eligible to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways or not?
  10. What is the procedure to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? What is the eligibility criteria required?
  11. What are the career options for Railway RRB examination?
  12. How to become a loco pilot in luxury and superfast trains?
  13. Can I apply for Loco Pilot post in the Indian Railways after completing B.Com?
  14. Am I eligible for loco pilot in Indian Railways being a graduate in commerce stream?
  15. What should I do after completing class 10th to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? Which exam do I have to give?
  16. Am I eligible to become loco pilot after completion of diploma in information technology?
  17. What is the qualification criteria required to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? What steps should I follow to become a Loco Pilot and what is the minimum percentage required?
  18. Can I apply for the post of loco pilot in Indian Railways after completing PU with 55%
15th May 2017, 06:25 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to study after 12th to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?

To become Loco Pilot in Indian Railway candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by RRB.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have diploma, ITI degree or 12th std with course completed act apprentice from a recognised institute.

So, you must pursue the course to appear for examination. For detail information above examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
15th May 2017, 07:39 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

To become loco pilot after 12th standard you have to crack RRB written exam conducted time to time to fulfil the vacant postions in railway.

Age should be between 18-30 years. The candidates must be passed 10th/equivalent and should have done ITI from a recognized university or must have completed diploma in engineering in electrical/mechanical/electronics/automobile engineering.

The selection of candidate is made through written exam followed by personal interview.
15th May 2017, 07:49 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Railway Recruitment Board conducts examination for Loco Pilot in Indian Railways. The eligibility criteria for Loco Pilot is:

1. Minimum academic qualification is 10th standard.

2. Along with tenth, ITI in any specific trade is necessary. Those who have done diploma in engineering can also apply for examination.

After 12th, you can apply for Loco Pilot examination. The age limit for this post in Indian Railways is 18-30 years. OBC and SC/ST candidates are eligible for upper age relaxations.
15th May 2017, 08:26 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The essential qualification to appear for Loco Pilot entrance examination conducted by RRB is :-

Candidate must have passed ITI/Diploma or have passed 12th with Course Competence Act from a recognised institute.

The age limit to appear for examination is 18-30 years with relaxation in age limit for reserved category.

So, you have to pursue above course to appear for examination.
For more information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
15th May 2017, 08:39 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To become a Loco Pilot, you need to pursue ITI/ Diploma in Automobile/ Mechanical/ Electronics/ Electrical Engineering course from an AICTE recognized institution. Once, you are done with ITI/ Diploma course, you can apply for Loco Pilot examination which is conducted by RRB. You need to clear all the rounds of the recruitment process to be eligible to become a Loco Pilot.
15th May 2017, 10:00 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The required qualification to appear for Assistant Loco Pilot entrance examination conducted by Railway Recruitment Board is candidate must have passed 10th with ITI or diploma degree.

Candidates passed 12th with course competence act are also eligible to appear for examination.

The minimum age limit to appear for examination is 18 yeas candidates have to qualify in written and interview test before final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
15th May 2017, 10:03 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways:

>> You are not eligible to apply for the post of Loco Pilot in Indian Railways on the basis of 12th Class qualification. Yes, in order to be eligible you must have done any of the below mentioned courses.

>> Must have completed 10th Class from a recognized board and ITI approved by SCVT or NCVT in any concerned trade.

(or)

>> Must have completed Diploma in Engineering from a recognized board

>> As you are done with 12th Class, you are not eligible to apply for this Loco Pilot recruitment. Instead, I suggest you to apply for other recruitment's in Indian Railways.
15th May 2017, 10:27 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

To be an Assistant Loco Pilot you have to do ITI course in specific trades from a recognized institution or you can do diploma in Engineering. After completion of one of these courses you will be eligible for RRB's Assistant Loco Pilot post. Thanks
16th May 2017, 12:13 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

You have to pursue Course Competence Act now after 12th to appear for Loco Pilot entrance examination.

Required qualification to appear for examination is candidates who have passed ITI or even diploma in engineering are also eligible to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted by RRB and candidates have to qualify in written and other testing procedure for final recruitment as aasistant loco pilot in Indian Railway. To get other details visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
16th May 2017, 12:44 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you have keen interest to become a Loco Pilot then first of all you need to complete Intermediate. There is no restriction to choose any particular subject that is you can pursue from any of the desired subject.
Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must be a holder of Intermediate degree in any of the stream from a recognized university.
Candidate must have scored atleast 60% in +2.
Candidate must have a Technical degree either short term or long term from a recognized institute.
Candidate age should not less than 18 years and should not exceed 28 years.
16th May 2017, 09:36 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

To become a Loco Pilot you need to have an ITI (Industrial Training Institute) certification in Electrical, Mechanical or a diploma course in Electrical or Mechanical engineering.
After you have completed certification, you need to check for the advertisements by railway recruitment boards for A.L.P.
You need to apply for that post. After clearing the examination you'll be given training for 6 months then you'll appointed as Assistant Loco Pilot (A.L.P).

This is institution details in chennai:
Industrial training institute in chennai
Address: Tirupati road, Ambattur, chennai, Tamilnadu - 600053.
044-26252453.
16th May 2017, 11:12 AM
stutiswet2

Loco-pilot is a formal term used to describe Train drivers in Indian railways.

For becoming Locomotive pilot, you need to complete ITI course or Diploma in any stream like Mechanical, Fitter, etc.

Then, apply for the Indian railway vacancies released regularly on RRB website for Loco-pilot vacancies.

There will be written exam and then Personal Interview.

Your age should be above 18 years to appear for exam.
16th May 2017, 12:42 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

>> Vacancy of the loco pilot in Indian railway are announced in railway recruitment board.
>> You need to visit www.rrb.gov.in and need to select the zone of the railway where you can apply directly.

Eligibility criteria
>> Candidate must have passed class 10+2 with minimum 55%
>> Candidate must have done the Apprentice course from recognized organization.
>> ITI recognized by SCVT/NCVT or mechanical engineering diploma students are given preference.

** You can do the above course to apply for the loco pilot job in Indian railway.
30th April 2018, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Madam.I am passed my 12 class from commerce stream with 60 percent marks in the year 2013 can I eligible for ITI course for indian railway loco pilot. PLEASE SIR /MADAM,reply my question soon. YOUR FAITHFULLY :sikha ghosh
24th September 2018, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

What to study after 12th pass with 74%marks in Arts stream to become an assistant loco pilot in Indian railway ?
25th September 2018, 07:36 PM
pushpendra-25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What to study after 12th pass with 74%marks in Arts stream to become an assistant loco pilot in Indian railway ?
Hello,
The RRB Railway conducts various recruitment exams for the selection of candidates on different posts.
The candidates from 10th passed to graduate level can apply for the exam.
The RRB ALP is conducted for the assistant driver and technician in the railway.
after 12th candidates must have diploma, ITI or graduate in engineering.
The RRB ALP exam consists of mathematics, general knowledge, general Science.
You may check the complete detail from the official website and pursue the required qualification.
12th October 2018, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

I have taken commerce and now m in 12th standard what course should i do?
21st December 2019, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

When is the entrance exam for loco pilot
2nd January 2020, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Myself JAYANTH, studying 2puc in Bangalore and I have taken commerce.. I want to become loco pilot, if I write the exam can I get the opportunity to become a loco pilot ,please give me the answers let me know......
13th March 2020, 07:42 AM
Unregistered

what is the minimum percentage in ITI to apply locopilot
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?