14th August 2013, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

How to join M.Tech after completing degree with 76.32% in B.E

I got 76.32% in B.E. I Havecompleted my deggree recently. I would like to join in M.Tech. How to apply. Is there any separate enterence test. Kindly clarify.
(Gomathi)

30th June 2015, 08:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join M.Tech after completing degree with 76.32% in B.E

M.Tech stands for Master of Technology. It is the post graduation course in technology for B.Tech/B.E graduates.

Yes, a separate test is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology for selection of candidates to different streams of engineering for master's degree.

The entrance exam is conducted once a year and is called Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. GATE is an online test consisting of 65 questions of 100 marks.

Generally it contains one mark and two marks questions and negative marking of one third for each incorrect answer. 15 marks question is from general aptitude and rest questions are from core stream of engineering.

The notification for GATE exam is released by IIT in the month of September or October of every year.

Eligibility criteria:

Any candidate who has done bachelor's degree in technology or engineering can apply for the exam. Even final year candidates can apply for this exam. You need to submit a certificate signed by Head of Department if you are in final year of engineering or technology.

There is no upper age limit for this exam and you can attempt as many times as possible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?