17th May 2013, 12:41 AM
jainesh10

How to join Merchant Navy after clearing 10th?

see i m highly intrested in merchant navy plz plz help me out. i hv just cleared 10th class nd i hv taken non medical nd not able understand wether 2 take physical or computer science nw and also plz help me out in clearing what 2 do after 12th

plz help me out my contact no. is

17th May 2013, 11:46 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy after clearing 10th?

If you have opted for Physics, Chemistry and Maths in 10+2 then it is enough to make you eligible for Merchant Navy.

After passing 10+2 with PCM you can directly apply for Deck Cadets post in the Merchant Navy. Deck Cadets undergo pre sea training before joining the Merchant Navy.

You must have 6/6 eyesight with no color blindness for Merchant Navy. If you are found not fit according to the standards then you will not be considered for Merchant Navy.

If you want to join higher posts in Merchant Navy then you have to complete Graduation in Nautical Science or Marine Engineering.

Admission into Marine Engineering course is based on the Joint Entrance examination(JEE). Those who are 10+2 passed with PCM are eligible for Marine Engineering course through JEE.

Before joining Merchant Navy you should be prepared for the tough and adventurous life ahead. You have to live without your family for long times away from home. You have to develop sound skills to tackle tricky situations in Merchant Navy.

For more information visit http://www.dgshipping.com
17th May 2013, 01:43 PM
aklk224

Post Re: How to join Merchant Navy after clearing 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jainesh10 View Post
see i m highly intrested in merchant navy plz plz help me out. i hv just cleared 10th class nd i hv taken non medical nd not able understand wether 2 take physical or computer science nw and also plz help me out in clearing what 2 do after 12th

Dear Friend,
If you want to join in Merchant Navy course you must complete 10+2 with PCM (Physics,Physics,Chemistry) Course

You will have entrance exam followed by Screening Test and before that you have to complete ship-training course prior to the employment.This course is generally short-term they will teach about basic security concerns of voyaging.You will get job as deck cadets .If you complete bachelor's degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology Engineering could also join the Merchant navy as a Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer

You must be Unmarried before joining to the course.After clearing the written test you will have a medical test

There are some private institutes, which offer training for merchant navy.These institutes prepare students for jobs such as deck cadets and marine engineering jobs.

All the Best
17th May 2013, 04:24 PM
surya143prakashrao
Member+

Smile Re: How to join Merchant Navy after clearing 10th?

Quote:

with ur 10th education u only get to be a seaman. u got to below 20 yeaars

of age? considering u have a good eye sight and u complete the required GP

training to be seaman at approved( Director General of Shipping) maritime

institutions? after training there is no gurantee that u wl be taken on board

any ship owned by any company unless u get to selecetd by the company. u

know soemtimes pull is required.

its better that u complete 10+2 in science and go though the requisite traing

as a marine cadet whether engineering or deck at a approved training

institutions? again here u go to be sponsered by a company before u join a

company

so now first complete ur 12th science and apply tpo various shipping

companies to get sponsdered?

and one more thing learnt to speak and write a better english? its also a

requirement everywhere?

good luck
17th May 2013, 07:41 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you want job in Merchant Navy then it is important that you clear 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Therefore you must take these 3 subjects or forget about getting job in Merchant Navy.

The courses which can offer you job in Merchant Navy can be pursued if completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

After finishing 12th you have two options. First would be to take the deck cadet job in merchant navy. There is very little scope of promotion in this job.

You can directly apply for the Deck Cadet after 12th. If selected the recruiting company will arrange a 3 months long pre sea training for you. After which you can start the job.

Other option would be to continue with the studies. After completing graduation you can apply for some officer level jobs in Merchant Navy. In such case you will have to pursue one of the two courses.

B.Sc Nautical Science

B.Tech Marine

For both the courses you must have subjects in 12th that I have already mentioned above. You must meet the eligible to apply for these courses.

Eligibility

1. Complete 12th with PCM.

2. Age should not be more than 20 years.

3. There is 5 year relaxation for SC and ST.

4. Unmarried candidates will be selected.

5. Must meet physical criteria like 150 cm height and 6/6 vision.
17th May 2013, 08:23 PM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

Quote:

Hello friend,

>> Dear, you are interested in a Merchant navy. First you are Clear a 11th and 12th science with maths And then you are Eligible for navy merchant.
Navy merchant detail give in below.

>> Criteria for Merchant Navy

>> Educational qualification

- The candidate should be minimum eligible for Marine engineering is 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.

- Candidates wishing to enter the engineering fields of Merchant Navy need to complete a Bachelors degree in Marine engineering, before they can gain admission to the field.

>> Physical Qualification

- Candidate is also Medical fitness and with eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.

Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?