16th December 2012, 11:07 AM
Anmol bhangu

How to join Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech

i have completed my btech now i want to join marchant navy so plz give me detail my e mail id [email protected]

22nd December 2012, 04:39 PM
sagar2212

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech

Hello friend,

As you have completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible to join merchant navy as junior engineer/fifth engineer, but having done mechanical engineering, you will also have to go through a pre-sea course which can be pursued from the Marine Engineering and Research Institute- Mumbai.
The duration of the course is 1 year.
After successful completion of the pre-sea course, you will be eligible to join merchant navy as junior engineer.
26th February 2013, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

i have done B.tech in information technology so can i join merchant navy ?
4th March 2013, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

i have done my btech in mechanical engineering now. so i want to jion merchant navy please give me a detailin my id atinderpaul@
4th March 2013, 04:58 PM
MSTs
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have done my btech in mechanical engineering now. so i want to jion merchant navy please give me a detailin my id atinderpaul@
Hi, to join Merchant Navy as a deck cadet you need to be either 10 2 or higher from PCM background or you should be from engineering background. Candidates wishingto enter the navigational and engineering fields of Merchant Navy need to complete a Bachelors degree in Nautical Science or Marine engineering, before they can gain admission to the field. Direct entry to Merchant Navy is also possible - students who have completed their 12th with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) are eligible to join as Deck Cadets and a student holding a bachelor's degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology Engineering could also join the Merchant navy as a Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer. Normally students join merchant navy after 10 2, but you can also join after engineering by doing one year Mariner Course. There are four Government Training Institutes providing Pre-Sea and Post-Sea training of international standard: Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai, Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata, Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai, Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai. The nodal agency for the maritime studies in India is Indian Institute of Maritime Studies http://iims.dgshipping.com/. You can get more details on its website. Another option isapplying directly to private companies like Great Eastern Shipping, Essar Shipping, Pelican Marine, G.N.P. Cruise Services, SESA Goa, Five Star Shipping, Barbers etc. They advertise regularly on newspapers and also on their websites

Best of Luck.....
5th July 2013, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

what are the future opportunities for a junior engineer?
25th July 2013, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

my self sivaram.i have doing b.tech biotech 3rd year.so i want to jon navy please give me a detailin my id [email protected]
27th September 2013, 04:04 AM
jitendra singh mahar

Cool Re: How to join Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech

i have complete my btech (mechanical )
so tell me how can join the marchant navy ...... plz send me details - my id [email protected]
11th November 2013, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have done my b.
tech in electrical.
i want to join merchant navy.tell me how i can join merchant navy.
send detail on my [email protected]
28th December 2013, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i have completed my b.tech degree in information technology this year only and i want to join marchant navy.
i don't have any idea about how to join marchant navy.
plz tell me the procedure to join the marchant navy.
my e-mail id [email protected]
1st January 2014, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have completed my b.tech degree in mechanical engineering this year and i want to join marchant navy.
i don't have any idea about how to join merchant navy.
plz tell me the procedure to join the merchant navy
plz snd me information regarding it on my yahoo account i.e [email protected]
4th March 2014, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my B-TECH in computer science & engineering.. Now i want to join in merchant navvy.. so plz give me a details to join. My e mail id: [email protected].
12th March 2014, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

i have done mechanical engineering..now i want join merchant navy..so kindly let me know the procedure about that..as i have no knowledge about that..email is= [email protected]
12th March 2014, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

i have done mba in finance..now i want to join the merchant navy..so kindly tell me procedure about that..email [email protected]
3rd June 2014, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

SIR, I HAVE COMPLETED MY B.TECH IN ECE BRANCH.NOW I WANT TO JOIN MERCHANT NAVY SO SHOW ME THE PATH BY SENDING INFORMATION THROUGH MAIL.MY EMAIL-ID IS [email protected]
9th June 2014, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i have done my b-tech in EEE Branch... so, please kindy give me information about : 1) how to join in merchant navy as an engineer 2) what are the courses i should study to have minimum eligibility in joining merchant navy...... 3) please send me full details and precedure.... to my email id as soon as possible.... email id: [email protected] thank you....
3rd December 2014, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have completed my b.tech in ETC Branch..So please give me the information about
1) How to join merchant navy?
2) Is there any exam to get into this after the completion of b.tech?
3) please send me all the information in my email id :[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?