28th July 2018, 08:11 AM
Unregistered

How many times I can apply for NDA exam being a 17 years old male candidate?

Hi Sir, I am 17 years old and I am male. I am preparing for NDA exam and would like to know that how many times I can apply for this NDA exam? Kindly tell me about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

31st July 2018, 03:59 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How many times I can apply for NDA exam being a 17 years old male candidate?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same one needs to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

For appearing in the same examination, the required age limit is 16.5 years to 19.5 years where as the required educational qualification is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education.

Further, I would like to let you know that there is no limitation on number of attempts for which a candidate can appear in the same examination and therefore you can apply for the same examination till you satisfy its eligibility criteria.

For more details regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2018, 04:03 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: How many times I can apply for NDA exam being a 17 years old male candidate?

The acronym NDA stands for National Defence Academy. It is conducted twice every year by UPSC.

A candidate can attempt all NDA examination that is conducted between his 16.5 to 19.5 years of age. Unmarried male candidates are eligible.

A candidate must have studied Physics and Mathematics to become eligible for Navy and Air Force. You must be an Indian Citizen. There is written test and SSB.
31st July 2018, 04:36 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and to join NDA you need to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice in a year.

The minimum qualifications required to appear in the NDA entrance examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board. But, to join Indian Navy or Indian Air force wings of NDA, you must have studied Mathematics and Physics at you Class 12th level.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, being a 17 years old candidate, you can apply for NDA entrance examination till your age reaches 19.5 years without worrying about the limitation on number of attempts for appearing in the same examination if you satisfy other eligibility criteria too.

For more queries regarding NDA entrance examination, you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2018, 04:37 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

NDA is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Age limit is between 16.5-19.5 years. So, you can appear for examination till you fulfill the eligibility criteria for appearing in the examination. Only male candidates can apply for the examination.

It is conducted in two stages. Candidates have to appear and qualify in all stages of examination for final selection. For more information log on to www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2018, 06:07 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Number of attempts in NDA is not limited. But you can write examination only up to 19.5 years of age.
Age limit- 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
31st July 2018, 07:17 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

There is no limit in number of attempts in case of National Defence Academy till you have reached your upper age limit.

The age limit for candidates of all category is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Only unmarried male Indian candidates can apply for NDA exam. It is conducted twice every year. In every notification date range for date of birth is given.
31st July 2018, 08:09 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The age criteria for National Defence Academy recruitment is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

If you are an unmarried male and passed 12th then you can apply for all NDA exams which fall within 17 years and 19.5 years.

There are two stages of exam which you need to clear to join Defence. First stage is written test and second stage is Service Selection board.
31st July 2018, 08:16 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, fixed number of attempts to appear in NDA examination. It is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognized board.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear in examination. Examination is conducted in two stages and so you can apply for the examination now.

It is conducted twice in a year. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2018, 08:43 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam is:

1. You must have done 12th from a recognized board with PCM if you want to join Air force or Navy.

2. Age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years. You can attempt all NDA within these age limit.

Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA exam.
31st July 2018, 09:50 PM
Aatma Parivaar
Senior Member+

There is no any restrictions to appear in NDA entrance exam.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy. This exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

NDA has three wings: Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM as a main paper from a recognized university.

Candidate age must be 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Candidate must be Indian unmarried male.

For more information, you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2018, 11:23 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination is conducted for selection in defence service. You can appear for the examination if you have passed or pursing in 12th from a recognised board.

Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible for appearing in examination.

It is conducted in two stages. Written and SSB and you have to qualify in both for final selection.
2nd August 2018, 08:27 AM
Sahil Singh Blowria

In NDA exam there is no restrictions about the attempts ,It only depends on your age criteria.
You should not be under aged or over aged.
..the age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years old.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?