3rd July 2011, 10:53 PM
akheelugwekar

How may I study B.E(Aeronautical engineering)? What's the eligibility criteria? I'm doing diploma in fabrication technology and erection engineering

sir/madam please guide me i am currently doing diploma in fabrication technology and erection engg and further i want to study B.E in aeronautical engg will i be eligible for it

Related Questions:
  1. How to join RAW after passing diploma in fabrication technology and erection engineering
  2. In which stream i can take admission in B.Tech after Diploma in Fabrication Technology?
  3. Is there any entrance exam for Aerospace Engineering after diploma in fabrication tech and erection engineering?
  4. Can I do Diploma in Engineering after 10th? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Career options after diploma in Garment fabrication technology?
  6. What are the various engineering diploma course available currently?
  7. Which course is good in polytechnic after 10th?
  8. Eligibility to study Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering in Indian Institute of Aerospace Technology and Management for a candidate? Job opportunities through this Diploma course? -- [New]
  9. Eligibility Criteria to study Diploma(Polytechnic) from Maharashtra? Is good marks in 10th is sufficient to take admission in Diploma?
  10. Where are the colleges for degree course in Goa and outside Goa for Mechanical Engineering after diploma?
  11. List of diploma courses after 10th? Details about diploma in Astronomy?
  12. Can I do polytechnic in 2017 if failed in Maths of HS?
  13. Can male candidates do Garment Fabrication Technology course?
  14. What are the courses after completing intermediate other than BA?
  15. Detailed information, eligibility criteria and qualification required to apply for JELET?
  16. Which course is best after completion of inter BIPC?
  17. Which subject to choose for polytechnic course?
  18. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) in Abroad for Diploma in Plastic Mould Technology student?
27th May 2015, 01:09 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: How may I study B.E(Aeronautical engineering)? What's the eligibility criteria? I'm doing diploma in fabrication technology and erection engineering

Yes, surely you can apply for the aeronautical engineering but there are certain things that you should be aware of as they might help/come in the way of your career at the later stage.

1. See, If you opt for the fabrication branch for your engineering then there will be some advantages that you will get. Those are-

>> You will get direct admission in the 2nd year since you have completed your diploma.
>> During placements also, you will have the better edge because diploma holders are assumed to have better technical knowledge and there diploma+degree holders are given preference over candidates who have only complete their degree.

2. Now, if you want to take Aeronautical branch for your b.tech, then you will not be eligible for the lateral entry and then you have to appear freshly as the candidate who appears after 12th. In that case neither your diploma in fabrication will hold much value nor you will be able to extend your skills of fabrication in the AEROSPACE engineering course.

So, before deciding check every option wisely.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?