23rd October 2012, 06:58 AM
Unregistered

How much marks are required in GATE to take admission in any IIT college

How much marks is needed in gate exa for taking admission in any iit college for sc cast

Related Questions:
  1. Minimum percentage required in B.tech to M.Tech in IIT after scoring good in GATE?
  2. Marks required in GATE exam to get admission for M.Tech(Metallurgy) in IIT Madras? Cutoff marks of previous years GATE exam?
  3. How many times can I appear for GATE exam? How much GATE score is required for admission in IIT Delhi or DCE?
  4. Minimum marks required in GATE exam to take admission in top 3 IIT's?
  5. Minimum marks required for admission in IIT or NIT college through GATE?
  6. Total marks required in GATE mechanical to get admission in IIT colleges?
  7. Mtech admission 2010 based on GATE score? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How much marks are required in B.Tech to enter into IIT?
  9. Cutoff marks required in GATE to get admission in M.E(ENTC)?
  10. Can I get admission in IIT or NIT if secured 60% in GATE? Will this score give me good job? -- [New]
  11. M.Tech from IIT, Delhi after GATE score 528? Procedure for admission?
  12. Marks required to take admission in IIT college?
  13. Can I get admission for M.Tech in IIT having scored 34.33 marks in GATE Exam with a score of 348 being a candidate from SC category?
  14. What is the GATE score for M.Tech admission in NIT and IIT college?
  15. Minimum marks required to get admission in government college or IIT or NIIT in B.Arch examination of IIT mains?
  16. Admission to reputed colleges after GATE score 335 with scholarship?
  17. Can I get IIT colleges for M.Tech after scoring less marks?
  18. How much rank can I expect in GATE with 27 marks? Can I get admission in a good college? Procedure to get admission in any college through GATE?
28th February 2013, 12:25 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Lightbulb Re: How much marks are required in GATE to take admission in any IIT college

Dear,

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in engineering, it is done once a year in order to get admission to prestigious IITs and NITs and many other universities are taking admissions based on this score.

For every candidate, the cutoff varies, i mean according to general and SC/ST. For general candidates it is very high while for SC/ST it is low, i am giving you some of the cutoff for different colleges:-

For IIT KANPUR the cutoff for 2007 was:-

CS 650 650 (SC/ST)
IT 700 700 (SC/ST)
EC 700 700 (SC/ST)
EE 700 700 (SC/ST)
Math 700 700 (SC/ST)

>>For IIT kharagpur, the gate cutoff for 2008 was CS-381,EC-425,IT-443 etc

GATE 2013 Cutoff for NIT Warangal : General 352 OBC 328 SC 305 ST 300

>>So the best thing is that if you can make it upto RANK400 to 600, you are sure to get into IITs.

Hope this is useful for your information, thanks!!
28th February 2013, 09:34 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much marks are required in GATE to take admission in any IIT college

Dear Friend,

No matter whether you belong to SC category or general Category but there is no specific marks required to appear in the GATE Examination.

GATE Stands For Graduate Aptitude Test In engineering.

This Examination is conducted as a purpose to offer M.Tech course for those candidates who have passed B.E./B.Tech from any recognized university.

This exam is conducted by the 7 Indian Institutes Of Technology and the Indian Institute Of Science - Bangalore.

The Examination needs the following qualifications from candidates :

* The candidate must have completed B.E./B.Tech in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* Candidates in final year of such courses can also apply.

* There should not be any active pending backlogs.

* There is no age limit for the GATE Examination.

* There is no bar on the number of attempts for this exam.

* You must be an Indian.

As you can see from the above mentioned that there is no provision of any specific marks requirement for this exam.

So , you need not to worry about this any more.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

15th March 2013, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much marks are required in GATE to take admission in any IIT college

i m girl candidate My rank & score are 18583 & 424 i belong to general category can i get admission for m.tech in any of NITS please tell me about this
20th March 2013, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

i m pd(handicaped) cat. my score 284 and mrks 24.33 can i get admission in any niit
20th March 2013, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

sir i am belog to sc catogry my gate score is 227.
plz tell me what college admission in Mtech.
mb 9631109074
10th May 2013, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

my score in jee main 73 and i want ME .
WILL I GET IT?WHICH COLLEGE SHOULD I GO FOR?
6th August 2013, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

i m preparing for csir life sc ,can i appare for gate llife sc. which is better one gate or csir net exam for phd purpose .is any connection between gate and csir -net?if i got good score in gate then can i get scholarship ?pls send the answers at [email protected]. thanking u
1st October 2013, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

what rank should be required to get select in iit delhi
31st October 2013, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Sir i m sc candidate student and i have got score 17 and rank 40181 and validation in next year score becomes 248 so any chances of to get adm in nit colleges?
13th May 2014, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

How much marks are required in gate to take admission in any iit college for computer science
12th January 2015, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Scope after clearing GATE in PRODUCTION ENGG?
i want to ask is there any PSU that recruit Production engineers through Gate.
I read many answers on this question but when i check the Official advertisements of PSUs .. I found no PSU recruit PE.
If some plz provide link.
16th May 2015, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

How much marks i should score to get admission in any iit collage
27th May 2015, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

How many marks will be requirefor achieving best rank in 2018?????

Now l doing study in IT bilaspur in BTech from chemical engineering in present.
20th March 2016, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

I am S.T candidate who secured 401 in GATE 2016.... What are my chances of getting M.tech design in IIT Bombay??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?