19th July 2012, 07:02 PM
barate

Total marks required in GATE mechanical to get admission in IIT colleges?

what is the total marks in gate mechanical? and what the minimum marks are required in gate(mech) to get admission in iit colleges?

Related Questions:
  1. Marks required in GATE exam to get admission for M.Tech(Metallurgy) in IIT Madras? Cutoff marks of previous years GATE exam?
  2. What is the total marks for electronics students in GATE? Minimum marks required to enter into IIT
  3. Can I get IIT colleges for M.Tech after scoring less marks?
  4. Minimum marks required in GATE exam to take admission in top 3 IIT's?
  5. Cutoff marks required in GATE to get admission in IISC or IIT? List of institutes for a candidate who has scored 350 marks in GATE? -- [New]
  6. Can I get admission in IIT if scored 46 marks in GATE?
  7. Minimum percentage required in B.tech to M.Tech in IIT after scoring good in GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Minimum marks and percentile required in GATE for admission to IIT and NIT for mechanical branch?
  9. How much marks are required in GATE to take admission in any IIT college
  10. Can I get IIT after scoring 46/100 in GATE Mechanical?
  11. What is the total number of seats in IITs for M.Tech Biotech? GATE score required to take admission in IITs?
  12. How much marks are required in B.Tech to enter into IIT?
  13. Can I get admission in IIT or NIT if secured 60% in GATE? Will this score give me good job?
  14. List of colleges for M.E Electronics course in Satellite Communication? Score required in GATE to get admission in IITs and NITs?
  15. Can I get admission in IIT college after scoring 25.33 in GATE?
  16. How should I prepare for GATE? I have scored 55 marks in GATE
  17. M.Tech from IIT, Delhi after GATE score 528? Procedure for admission?
  18. What are the chances of getting admission in M.Tech. in IITs or NITs at 38 marks in GATE(ME)?
20th July 2012, 09:41 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Total marks required in GATE mechanical to get admission in IIT colleges?

GATE Eligibility Criteria:

If you have a bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture then you are eligible to sit for the GATE Exam.

Even the final year students are eligible to apply.

If you have a master degree in science or mathematics or statistics or computer applications then also you can sit for this exam.

There is no age bar for giving this exam.

GATE score will be valid for two years.

Number of permissible attempts : Three

Out of the following 21 subjects you have to choose one for the exam.

Exam Pattern:

IIT JEE Expected Cut Off list for 2012:

NIT Cut Off List:

Visit: http://www.gate.iitk.ac.in/
21st July 2012, 12:51 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Total marks required in GATE mechanical to get admission in IIT colleges?

dear friend,

You have completed your B.Tech degree from CSE (Computer Science & Engineering) department and if you have a good score in GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) and all India Rank is good which means you will get good colleges like I.I.T.s.

See generally two main factors are most valuable for GATE.These are :

1. Total number of candidates appeared in this year of exam and
2. Highest marks obtained in your department i.e.CS.

According to these GATE score of a candidate varies.

Besides this, Counseling is also a very important factor because if a candidate has scored well in GATE and the candidate did not get admission in this year as because he in 3rd year , so in this case a 4th year passed out student can take admission.

But don't worry if don't get chance in IITs then surely you will get chance NITs if you have a good score in GATE.

Good marks means out of 100 you have to get minimum 40 and above.

~regards~
priyo
8th December 2012, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE MINIMUM GATE MARK REQUIRED TO JOIN COLLEGES LIKE IIT
14th February 2013, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

i have got 55 marks in gate 2013 in mech . can i get the seat in iits for the stream of automobile engg?
14th February 2013, 05:22 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello,

GATE stand for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an entrance examination for M.tech master degree.

As per your question ,total marks required in GATE mechanical to get admission in IIT colleges it will be like :

Total marks 1000 and suppose you have obtain 850 must, i mean 85% and then you can get admission into M.tech programme from IIT institute , .Your marks must be 850 marks in Gate exam and it also depends upon cut off exam marks.

GOOD LUCK
17th February 2013, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

what is the least requirement to enter iit
21st February 2013, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum gate score required to get admission in colleges like JU?if my gate score is around 30 what institutes can I get?
11th March 2013, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

I got 38 mark in gate 2013 for mechanical.wil get admission for thermal stream in any of the top 5 NITs
13th March 2013, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 41.33 marks in gate 2013 .i m belonging from general category ...can i get iit.???
15th March 2013, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 26 gate score in 2013. i belong to sc category. can i get seat in iit madras
15th March 2013, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

I am a sc category student and scored 40 in mechanical engineering stream.can i get top 3 iit's??
19th March 2013, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

Sir i got 39 markd and my score 436.can i get chance in guwahati for mechanical.my interest in thermal.
26th March 2013, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i got 50 marks in gate 2013.can i get iit delhi .
8th June 2013, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

what the minimum marks or rank are required in gate exam to take a admission in top 3 iit for m.tech with mechanical branch.
5th April 2014, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i am pursuing my ME course,and i want to take admission for P.hd in IITs.So is it compulsory for me to qualify gate,if yes what is the minimum score i have to obtain.
If no what are the possible ways to enter P.hd programme of IIts without giving GATE.
Please let me know sir.
3rd February 2015, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

What are the least marks required in gate for mechanical engineering in iit?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?