6th July 2012, 04:05 PM
nakadi

How to be a part of Indian Air Force? I am a student of BSc Computer Science

I am a student of bsc(comp sci) i want to be a part of indian air force can i?

6th July 2012, 05:13 PM
Nitish Gaur

Default Re: How to be a part of Indian Air Force? I am a student of BSc Computer Science

Dear Friend,
On basis on your eligibility you can join Indian Air Force by applying for following entries:
-CDS(Combined Defence Services) conducted twice in year as CDS I & II by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).
-AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test) conducted twice in year as AFCAT I & II by IAF(Indian Air Force).

Eligibility for above two entries are as follows:
1. CDS:
-Age Limit: 19-23 years.
-Educational Qualification: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
More info regarding CDS exam: http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm

2. AFCAT:
-Educational Qualification: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering with minimum 60% throughout the Degree course .
Scheme and Syllabus for AFCAT: http://careerairforce.nic.in/showfile.asp?lid=183
6th July 2012, 05:17 PM
Nitish Gaur

Default Re: How to be a part of Indian Air Force? I am a student of BSc Computer Science

Dear Friend,
On basis on your eligibility you can join Indian Air Force by applying for following entries:
-CDS(Combined Defence Services) conducted twice in year as CDS I & II by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).
-AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test) conducted twice in year as AFCAT I & II by IAF(Indian Air Force).

Eligibility for above two entries are as follows:
1. CDS:
-Educational Qualification: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
More info regarding CDS exam: http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm

2. AFCAT:
-Educational Qualification: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering with minimum 60% throughout the Degree course .
Scheme and Syllabus for AFCAT: http://careerairforce.nic.in/showfile.asp?lid=183
6th July 2012, 06:23 PM
dheeraj01091990

Smile Re: How to be a part of Indian Air Force? I am a student of BSc Computer Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakadi View Post
hello.....
my friend u can be a part of airforce after graduation or in final year by two methods....
1. by apply for afcat.now the last date of these exam is 9th july so u can apply either online or offline...
online apply link is www.careerairforce.nic.in
2.by apply for cds exam.recently the last date is over i.e 1st july
but don't worry my friend it happened twice a year.
for cds apply on www.upsc.in
best of luck.i hope so u will be the next flying officer......
6th July 2012, 06:59 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakadi View Post

You can give CDS exam for it. The Combined Defense Service exam is conducted twice in a year for admission in Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Officers Training Academy and Air Force Academy for graduates.

The eligibility is following:

Nationality

Only those candidates are eligible for it who are Indian citizen or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or Tibetan refugee

Sex and Marital Status

Only Male unmarried Candidates are eligible for it.

Age limit

The candidate must have completed 19 years of age and should not be more than 23 years of age

Educational Qualification

You should have a degree from any recognized institute in India with Physics and Maths at 10+2 level.

A degree in B.Tech would also be fine.

You will have to submit the proof of graduation at the time of SSB Interview

Students who are in final year of graduation course may also appear in the examination but they will have to provide the proof of graduation to reach headquarters.

Application Details

You can apply online for CDS exam through - http://www.upsconline. nic.in

The details for filling the form will be provided on the link.

You may need scanned copies of your passport size photograph and signature also.
And do remember the registration id after filling the form. Fill only one form. In case you fill more than one form then the form with higher registration number will be taken into consideration.
7th July 2012, 12:17 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Hello friend after completion of B.Sc(comp.science) you need to write CDS exam.

CDS means Combined Defence Service.

Details about this exam:-

Educational qualification to crack CDS exam is graduation in any stream from any of the recognised university. If you are appearing final year examinations then you are also eligible for indian army.
CDS exam has not needed the percentage restrictions. The minimum age limit for indian airforce is 19 years and the maximum age limit is 23 years, no upper age relaxation. You should be a citizen of india and must be physically fit to crack this exam.

The selection process is based on two stages as per CDS regulations.

1. Written test,

2. Personal interview.

For more details visit below website

www.upsc.gov.in

To apply this exam please Click here.

All the best.

Last edited by ranjith1438; 7th July 2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: a small correction
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?