21st January 2013, 06:17 PM
Anjali.N

How to prepare for group I exam after completing B.Tech from computer science?

sir
i have completed my b.tech from computer science dept in 2012 and now i am interested to prepare for group-1 exams. I want to know all the details regarding exam pattern, preparation, and the best institute for coaching and the exam details for 2013

30th November 2016, 06:51 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for group I exam after completing B.Tech from computer science?

Group I means Civil Services examination. After qualifying in all stages of Civil Services examination, you will become Group I officer. The academic qualification for Civil Services examination is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Age limit is 21-32 years.

Examination pattern:

There are three stages of this examination. First stage is preliminary examination. Preliminary exam consists of two papers. First paper is of General studies paper which consists of 100 questions of 200 marks. Second paper is of Aptitude, it is qualifying nature.

Those who qualify in preliminary exam become eligible for Mains exam. Mains exam consists of two compulsory language paper, essay paper, four general studies paper, two optional paper and last stage is interview.

Some of the best institutes for preparation of this exam is:

>>Vajiram and Ravi IAS academy.

>>Vision IAS academy.

>>Alternate learning system.

>Rau's IAS study circle etc.

You should read NCERT books as basic books then switch to standard books and last stage in preparation is practice and giving test. Read daily newspaper for current affairs and issues.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?