15th August 2012, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS exam after doing computer engineering at Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering Shegaon

i am doing a computer engginearing (2nd year)at shree sant gajanan maharaj collage of engg.shegaon i want to prepare for IAS exam held under UPSC in which manner i prepare please help

28th August 2012, 09:02 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after doing computer engineering at Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering Shegaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am doing a computer engginearing (2nd year)at shree sant gajanan maharaj collage of engg.shegaon i want to prepare for IAS exam held under UPSC in which manner i prepare please help
You have to take IAS exam in your final year or after completion of your graduation and you have minimum age limit is 21 years of age can eligible to apply for IAS exam.

First you have to collect NCERT Books for 6Th Standard to 12 Standard.

If you want to crack IAS, You have to crack following stages those are as follows:

--->> Preliminary Exam,Mains Exam and Interview

So you have to start your preparation with preparation of General Studies. We have General Studies papers in Preliminary exam as well as mains exam.

Preliminary exam consist 2 objective papers while Mains Exam consist 9 descriptive papers. Preliminary Exam has Paper-I General Studies, Mains Exam have two papers for General Studies.

So you have to start your preparation with general studies.

General Studies main topics are as follows History, Ecology and Biodiversity, Economy, Polity, General Science, Geography, Current Affairs .

So you have to take NCERT Books, Read above concepts very carefully several number of times. You should have good handwriting skills for Mains Exam. So you have to improve your handwriting. You have to refer reputed Newspaper daily and prepare a note and revision, You have to make a proffer plan and prepare now onwards, You can definitely get a success.

You have to subscribe Competition Success Review Magazine very useful for you civils preparation.
28th August 2012, 09:55 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after doing computer engineering at Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering Shegaon

Hi dear...................
AS you are interested to apply for IAS exam , for this you have to apply for Civil Service Exam .In Civil Service Exam there are three Stages:--

*Preliminary
*main
*Interview

The exam eligibility :-

*The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline , from a recognize university .
*The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
There is a relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates .

The list of best books for IAS exam from where you can prepare for your exam;--

IAS exam Pattern are as follows......

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck............
31st August 2012, 12:02 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after doing computer engineering at Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering Shegaon

Quote:
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service for becoming IAS officer you have to apply for Civil service exam (CSE) conducted by UPSC every year and also have to crack it with good score.

IAS Eligibility and Criteria:

A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any DEcipline (B.A, B.com, B.E ) with atlest 55% from recognise universities.Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:
  • General category student:- 21-30 years.
  • OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
  • SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

Exam Pattern:

• Preliminary Exam.
  • Main Exam
  • Interview

for cracking this exam you have to start preparing for IAS at least Before 2 years of Exam you can also join IAS coaching classes.

All the Best
Crack it
7th October 2012, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

what type of material can uses for ias preparation
9th November 2012, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

I AM AT CLASS 11 AND I WANT TO KNOW THAT MY DECESION OF DOING IAS AFTER ENGINEERING IS RIGHT AND I WANT TO THE ADVANTAGES
6th January 2013, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

i am engineering student 1st yrs i want to start ias how?
7th January 2013, 10:44 AM
bhudevi.g

Quote:
Hi...
You really chose a right career.You can sit for the exam as soon as you hold your degree.
>>For attending the exam you need to have a Degree from any discipline from a recognized university.
>>You must be a citizen of India.
>>>21-30 yrs old by the time of examination'
>>> 4 attempts for every candidate.. 7--Other Backwards calsses..., NO restriction -- sc/st candidates
APPLYING THE EXAM:
From now onwards you can apply online from
http://upsconline.nic.in/tpform1.php?exam_code=CSP&year=2012&notice_no=04/2012-CSP&notice_date=11-02-2012
http://upsconline.nic.in/upload1.php
EXAMINATION PROCESS
It will be held in 3 stages
1.Preliminary exam
2.Mains Exam
3.Interview
So please start preparing well from now onwards and get a good grip on subjects.
For any further reference www.civilservicindia.com
7th January 2013, 02:06 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after doing computer engineering at Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering Shegaon

Quote:

How To Prepare For IAS

The Civil Services Exam is conducted by UPSC every year for recruitment for the IAS Officers.

Candidates are eligible to appear for the Civil Services if :-

> the candidate is within the age limit of 21-30 years, 3 and 5 years of age relaxation for OBC and SC/ST respectively..

> candidate must have completed graduation in any stream or must be a final year student from a recognized college..

> if you are a general candidate then you have a max of 4 attempts, if OBC then 7 and if SC/ST then you can appear for the exam till your age permits..

Right now you are not eligible to appear for the Civil Services as you are only in your 2nd year of engineering..

You can appear for the exam when you are in your 7th semester..

You can refer to these books for your preparations of the Prelims:-

[CENTER]

The Prelims shall consist of 2 objective papers which shall test you on the basis of your general awareness and aptitude..

The Mains shall test you on the basis of 9 subjective papers which shall test your graduation knowledge as well as English writing skills..

I have also attached a few previous year question papers and the CSAT syllabus which you can refer to..

You can also visit http://upsc.gov.in for any further information regarding the exam..

For the Mains..I would suggest you to be thorough with your graduation text books and you should select only those subjects as your optional subjects which you feel are your strong points..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 58 views)
File Type: pdf IAS ENGLISH_COMPULSORY 2010.pdf(167.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: pdf IAS MATHS_I 2010.pdf(204.7 KB, 66 views)
File Type: pdf IAS MATHS_II 2010.pdf(240.3 KB, 71 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_I 2010.pdf(210.6 KB, 71 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_II 2010.pdf(296.4 KB, 73 views)
7th January 2013, 09:38 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for IAS examination.

IAS examination is a civil services examination, which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The eligibility criteria required for IAS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Either graduate or a final year student of graduation in any discipline from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* No of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no attempts for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

15th June 2014, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

how to prepare for IPS exam after doing mechanical engineering at sant shri gajanan maharaj college of engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?