24th September 2011, 08:32 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS Exam and how to improve English language being a candidate of pursuing Mechanical Engineering?

I am studying mechanical engineering and i have to know how to prepare for ias exam and also to improve english language

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  2. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  3. How to improve spoken English as an engineering student? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How should I prepare to become an IAS Officer being a candidate having completed Graduation and pursuing MA in English? How to get study materials to prepare for this Exam?
  5. Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Can I opt for Physics and Mechanical Engineering for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. Is this necessary to learn German language being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering as Mechanical is good in German?
  8. How to improve English and how to prepare for other papers for Civil Services Examination?
  9. How do I prepare to become an IAS Officer pursuing BE in Civil Engineering?
  10. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing MBA in HR specialization?
  11. After b.tech should I go for IAS ?
  12. Required Qualification to give IAS Exam? Study Materials to prepare for this Exam being a candidate from BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. How to start preparation for MBA?
  14. Does JNU provides MA degree in English language? -- [New]
  15. How can I improve my English Language skills for SBI PO exam?
  16. What else should I do to improve my English for CAT Exam being a candidate of going through News papers? List of good Books or Novels to improve English?
  17. How to prepare English Language Exam for Bank Exams?
  18. Can CS intermediate and final course be done in Hindi? Is materials for ICSI available in Hindi?
24th September 2011, 10:21 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS Exam and how to improve English language being a candidate of pursuing Mechanical Engineering?

hi dear
To apply for IAS exam there are some criteria ..........
*The candidates should be a graduate from any discipline , with 60% & above , from a recognize university.
*The age limit is also plays a vital ole .
22 - 30 yrs.
*There is a relaxation for sc/ st & obc candidates
*The attempts for the exam.
General candidates - 4 times
obc - 7 times
sc / st - unlimited

for more details you can visit website
http://www.upsc.gov.in

the syllabus & pattern of this exam are as follows......

good luck.........
24th September 2011, 02:36 PM

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS Exam and how to improve English language being a candidate of pursuing Mechanical Engineering?

IAS exam is not a simple one what everyone think about it.To achieve this more out-knowledge,inter-personal communication skills,leadership qualities and many other things are required.So accordindin to my point of view you should be very strong about current affairs and knowledge skills.....to achieve this.
18th May 2012, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

I AM GRADUATE FORM COMMERCE STREAM AND I GOT 58.63% CAN I APPLY FOR IAS EXAM
30th July 2012, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

i am graduate of BBA and i got only 48% in ug can i apply for ias exam
11th April 2013, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

i m studing 4 th sem mech. engineering,how to prepare for IAS exam,Is exam depend on general knoweldge or specific syllabus??
30th April 2013, 02:43 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IAS Exam:You need focused study of subjects. You should analyze the syllabus, and hard work is needed to crack this examination.

You need to have good knowledge of current affairs and our history and administration.
It’s important to have some reading habits as that will help you to keep yourself updated about the current affairs. Read lots of magazines.Also you should be strong in aptitude and the subjects that you have chosen or will choose.

You can download previous year question papers from Following links:
http://www.onestopias.com/
http://www.upscportal.com/civilservices/papers
http://www.jagranjosh.com/

Read lots of magazines & newspaper to improve your english.
8th June 2013, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of MBBS(Final year).I don't understand whether I should go for MD/MS or IAS.
Pls help.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?