21st January 2018, 05:51 PM
rabiyairfan

How to prepare for IAS exam while being at home? Is it possible to pass by doing self study only?

I am student of B.Com studying second year I'm not an average student I gained 70% in first year as I am interested in Indian Administrative Service how should I prepare for IAS exam?

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IAS? Exam pattern and required marks to pass the exam? Which books to prepare for IAS Exam?
  2. Study material to be referred for IAS entrance exam? How to prepare for it?
  3. Tips to prepare for IAS exam after completion of 12th science stream?
  4. How can a candidate prepare for IAS exam without any expense?
  5. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  6. How to prepare for IAS course parallel to B.Tech? Books to be referred for IAS course?
  7. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? I am an electrical engineer
  8. How to prepare for IAS exam? I have completed B.E
  9. How should I prepare for IAS? Details about it?
  10. How to prepare for 12th standard from home and appear for exam directly?
  11. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? Subjects to be chosen? Requirements and books to be referred?
  12. How should I prepare to become an IAS Officer being a candidate having completed Graduation and pursuing MA in English? How to get study materials to prepare for this Exam?
  13. What to study for IAS exam?
  14. How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? I am an engineering ECE student in kalasalingam University
  16. Is it beneficiary to prepare for IAS exam after 12th with PCB? Which subjects should I choose for it?
  17. Study material to prepare for IAS exam in History subject?
  18. Date of IAS exam? Which books to prefer? How to prepare for the exam and the interview? Date of announcement of advertisement in the paper?
23rd January 2018, 10:25 AM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam while being at home? Is it possible to pass by doing self study only?

IAS exam comes under civil services which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

Eligibility :

- You must have completed your graduation from a recognised university or college in any stream.

- Your age should be between 21 years and 32 years if you are from UR (Unreserved Category). There is a relaxation of 5 years in age for SC/ST students and 3 years for OBC students.

Exam Pattern :

1) Prelims : 200 Marks for CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
: 200 Marks for General Studies
: Time will be allotted 2 hours for each paper
: Paper will be of qualifying in nature.

2) Mains : It will consist of 9 papers
: Each paper will be of 250 marks
: Time will be allotted 3 hours for each.
: 2 papers will be of qualifying in nature, 2 paper will be of optional subject opted by you and 4 papers will be of GS 1, 2, 3, 4 and 1 essay paper.

3) Interview : It will be of 275 marks.

Merit : Score in Mains and in Interview.

Study Plan :

- For History : 11th and 12th NCERTs of Bipin Chandra

- For Geography : G.C Leong and Notes of Neetu Singh

- For Political Science : Laxmikanth

- For Economics : NCERTs and Indian Economics by Ramesh Singh

- For Current Affairs : The Hindu Newspapers and notes of VisionIAS.

- For Essay and Ethics : 151 Essays by Arihant and Notes from InsightsonIndia.

- For Climatology and Environment : Sriram Notes.

- Buy Previous year questions papers and solve it.
23rd January 2018, 01:29 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam while being at home? Is it possible to pass by doing self study only?

It is possible to clear Civil Services examination by self study. Lots of students have cleared this examination through self study. What you need to do is to prepare with strong determination and dedication.

1. Focus on NCERT books. Read and revise multiple times.

2. After that read standard books for different subjects.

3. Make notes in your own words and revise at regular interval.

4. Solve mock papers and so answer writing practice.

5. Never lose confidence, you may fail sometimes but be ready to rise again and conquer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?