23rd February 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IES examination by self study?

my question is how i can study at home only and clear engineering services examination my branch is mechanical engineering

24th February 2011, 01:51 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for IES examination by self study?

Hi,

If you are intrested to be a IAS officer and want to do preparation yourself,i hope you can do .

You require hard work for selection in IAS.you should study every topic deeplu which is in your syllabus which help you in your main exam and IAS entrance exam.
you should study aptitude type question more and more.

I advise you to improve your english language which help you at the time of interview.

So Best of luck study hard you can get selection.
24th February 2011, 08:51 AM
mishra245

IES is one of the best job in technical sector. Its like technical civil services and there is no lack of candidates aspiring for it, so in no way it can be called easy.
However, if you are focused for your goal then easy/tough things remains back and the only one thing that leads is confidence, hard work and sincerity.
If you are thinking about it then stop thinking and start your preparation.

The IES exam is divided into four groups.
1. CIVIL, 2.MECHANICAL, 3.ELECTRICAL, 4.ELECTRONICS.
one GENERAL ABILITY TEST.
24th February 2011, 09:05 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

if you are doing self preparation for the ies exam then you have to work really hard,
first of all devote around 4 to 5 hours daily for the preparation of the exam,
also follow the right text books and materials,in this case the materials of made easy institute will be really helpful,
there postal guidance course costs around rs.3000
also give there mock tests for the practice and improving exam efficiency,
also read good news paper daily ti improve your general knowledge,

you can apply for the materials of made easy online by logging on to
http://www.iesmadeeasy.org
24th February 2011, 10:53 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to prepare for IES examination by self study?

IES Preparations Tips

Quote:
my question is how i can study at home only and clear engineering services examination my branch is mechanical engineering
  • Some Points to be ponder :-

• Exam is On 14 May 2011 that means Only 2 and Half Months To go.

• You Only have 75 days for preparations and More than 75 Topics to learn

• At this Moment you need to go for proper Schedule.

• In that schedule at least 6 hours a day should be Given to your IES preparations.

• If you Follow above steps with full dedication, just within Refer to below Topics in your Engineering Books

thermodynamics, Cycles and IC Engines,Heat Transfer and Refrigeration and Air conditioning,Fluid Mechanics,Fluid Machinery and Steam Generators,Theory of Machines etc

• Even i have uploaded the Syllabus for IES Mechanical Engineering, Refer it and Tick in your Engineering Books.

• Why i am saying to refer only Engineering books because you have studied that books, if you refer them then you will grasp the topics very easily.

• You don't need any Other books But if you afford to buy books then Go for it, But i must say Engineering Books are Sufficient Enough to crack IES.

• For Guide to IES Mechanical:-

Details are :- Guide For IES Mechanical Engineering by Mittal Publisher: G. K. Publishers

• For previous year Solved Papers:-

Details are:- I. E. S. Mechanical Engg. (Solved Papers) by Mithal Publisher: G. K. Publishers

• For previous year 2009-2010 Papers:- Visit upsc.gov.in Click here

Attached Files
File Type: pdf MECHANICAL ENGINEERING ies Syllabus.pdf(14.1 KB, 321 views)
24th February 2011, 11:45 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to prepare for IES examination by self study?

How to Prepare for IES/ISS Exam:

-> Study thoroughly through text books and practice writing model answers.

->Get hold of previous years’ question papers and try formulating correct and precise answers.

->You have to be proficient in English, as the questions are set and to be answered only in ENGLISH.

->For the General English Paper, practice comprehensions, essays, précis and vocabulary exercises from any standard grammar/Civil Services examination handbook.

->Your answers should be analytical, precise, logical and systematic.

->Basic preparations should be made from good text books, with additional backup from a variety of sources e.g. journals, newspapers, topical essays, websites, etc.

->Legible and neat handwriting will definitely enhance the quality of a well-presented precise answer.

Attached some of the useful informations of how to prepare for IES examination by self study.... check it over... ALL THE BEST...
Attached Files
File Type: docx IES Plan of Examination.docx(15.3 KB, 779 views)
File Type: docx IES Tips and things to remember.docx(11.9 KB, 652 views)
File Type: docx books for IES.docx(11.8 KB, 590 views)
24th February 2011, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

my question is how i can study at home only and clear engineering services examination my branch is electronics and communication engineering
24th February 2011, 04:43 PM
ratalalavanya

Important points to remember are........
handwriting has a great prominence in IES exam..
Derivations should be very clear.....
Don't try to learn difficult concepts in this crucial time which is a very tough task...
Don't try to crack other books
Just go through the previous papers and try to solve them......
Don't get tensed during exams and maintain good health
24th February 2011, 07:02 PM
xavi

freind here i provide u the syllabus of IES;;
--it would better if u go for someones guidance
--freind hi,

--IES Syllabus (ECE)

Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Syllabus
(For both objective and conventional type papers)

PAPER - I

1. Materials And Components:
Structure and properties of Electrical Engineering materials; Conductors, Semiconductors and Insulators, magnetic, Ferroelectric, Piezoelectric, Ceramic, Optical and Super-conducting materials. Passive components and characteristics Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors; Ferrities, Quartz crystal Ceramic resonators, Electromagnetic and Electromechanical components.

2. Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs:
Electrons and holes in semiconductors, Carrier Statistics, Mechanism of current flow in a semiconductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different types of diodes and their characteristics; Bi-polar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching devices like SCRs, GTOs, power MOSFETS; Basics of ICs - bipolar, MOS and CMOS types; basics of Opto Electronics.

3. Signals and Systems:
Classification of signals and systems: System modeling in terms of differential and difference equations; State variable representation; Fourier series; Fourier representation; Fourier transforms and their applications to system analysis; Laplace transforms and their application to system analysis; Convolution and superposition integrals and their applications; Z-transforms and their applications to the analyisis and characterization of discrete time systems; Random signals and probability, Correlation functions; Spectral density; Response of linear system to random inputs.

4. Network Theory:
Network analysis techniques; Network theorems, transient response, steady state sinusoidal response; Network graphs and their applications in network analysis; Tellegen's theorem. Two port networks; Z, Y, h and transmission parameters, Combination of two ports, analysis of common two ports. Network functions: parts of network functions, obtaining a network function from a given part. Transmission criteria: delay and rise time, Elmore's and other definitions effect of cascading. Elements of network synthesis.

5. Electromagnetic Theory:
Analysis of electrostatic and magnetostatic fields; Laplace's and Piossons's equations; Boundary value problems and their solutions; Maxwell's equations; application to wave propagation in bounded and unbounded media; Transmission lines: basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, misconstrue lines; Basics of wave guides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.

6. Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation:
Basic concepts, standards and error analysis; Measurements of basic electrical quantities and parameters; Electronic measuring instruments and their principles of working: analog and digital, comparison, characteristics, application. Transducers; Electronic measurements of non electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, humidity etc; basics of telemetry for industrial use.

PAPER - II

1. Analog Electronic Circuits:
Transistor biasing and stabilization. Small signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency response. Wide banding techniques. Feedback amplifiers. Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators. Rectifiers and power supplies. Op Amp, PLL, other linear integrated circuits and applications. Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.

2. Digital Electronic Circuits:
Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean functions, karnaguh map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparision; Combinational logic Circuits; Half adder, Full adder; Digital comparator; Multiplexer Demulti-plexer; ROM and their applications. Flip flops. R-S, J-K, D and T flip flops; Different types of counters and registers Waveform generators. A/D and D/A converters. Semiconductor memories.

3. Control Systems:
Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity; Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain and phase margins: Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems, Compensators; Industrial controllers.

4. Communication Systems:
Basic information theory; Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems; Sampling and data reconstructions; Quantization & coding; Time division and frequency division multiplexing; Equalization; Optical Communication: in free space & fiber optic; Propagation of signals oat HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite Communication.

5. Microwave Engineering:
Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers, Waveguides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Misconstrue circuits, Microwave Antennas, Microwave Measurements, Masers, lasers; Microwave propagation. Microwave Communication Systems terrestrial and Satellite based.

6. Computer Engineering:
Number Systems, Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C. Use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture; Processor design; Control unit design; Memory organisation. I/O System Organisation. Microprocessors: Architecture and instruction set of Microprocessors 8085 and 8086, Assembly language Programming. Microprocessor Based system design: typical examples. Personal computes and their typical uses.
For more details, visit http://aceenggacademy.com/new/categoryblog/51-ies-syllabus-ece

all the best
24th February 2011, 08:02 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

If you have not started your preparation, then its a bit tough..

but don't loose hope.

you still can do it with your full dedication.

Mechanical engineering's syllabus is consist of those topics which you have already learned in your 4 years engineering course...
That's a plus point....you don't have to understand it from the very beginning.

just one revision to one topic and everything will get remembered.

so start preparing for that and don't try to start a new topic which you have not ever learned...because time is short and syllabus is vast.

don't waste time on new topics..

be confident in what you already know..

you can easily crack it if you follow those do's and don'ts...
11th March 2011, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am an m.tech pursuing in ece student and working as a lecturer as well. i want to prepare for ies right from now.. I have decided to join the very first batch of coaching institute of weekend classes.. Along with that plz suggest me a proper schedule as well as proper planning to crack the ies 2012 exam.. sir, my g.k is not good, so plz plz give me all necessary guidelines regarding this as soon as possible..
12th March 2011, 03:40 AM
caree

my question is how i can study at home only and clear engineering services examination my branch is electronics and communication engineering
12th March 2011, 08:15 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

For the better preparation for IES exam you need to keep your basics strong and try to concentrate more on the fundamentals.Also you have to gain knowledge on the current affairs.I/m providing you some of the names of the books from which you can get more number of questions as well as you can prepare yourself in a better way.

*Digital Logic & Computer Design by Moris Mano

*Electromagnetic Waves & Radiating Systems by Jardon & Balmain, JD Kraus

*Integrated Circuits by K.R. Botkar

*Integrated Electronics by Jacob Milman & C. Halkias, Millman & Grabel

*Network Analysis by Van Valkenburg

*Network and Systems by D. Roy Choudhary
12th March 2011, 11:13 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

How to prepare for IES examination by self study are as follows: -

1. Arrange study material from any coaching institute or anywhere.

2. Make confidence on your studies.

3. Practice more & more questions every day.

4. Concentrate your mind on your studies everyday.

5. Studying according to IES syllabus.

etc.

All the Best
12th March 2011, 12:45 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: How to prepare for IES examination by self study?

DEAR FRIEND if you full confident then any one can,t stop you.......because self study is the best study..........

but if you want take to help then you can contact on-line test and discuss on different -different topics.........

For help you can take study material from Made-Easy which is the most popular coaching center in INDIA and you all type of help from this coaching center............

you surely clear IES if your mind is fully confident and concentrate on this IES exam.

IES is atuogh exam in INDIA which is conducted by UPSC then you should best try...........
8th May 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Hi all,

Currently I am working with an IT company and want to prepare for IES (ECE). As there is no coaching center in pune , is it possible to prepare for the exam on my own ?
Please guide me how to start.
29th July 2011, 10:31 PM
kunjeyan5282

If you are intrested to be a IAS officer and want to do preparation yourself,i hope you can do .

You require hard work for selection in IAS.you should study every topic deeplu which is in your syllabus which help you in your main exam and IAS entrance exam.
you should study aptitude type question more and more.

I advise you to improve your english language which help you at the time of interview.

So Best of luck study hard you can get selection.
22nd August 2011, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

hw many hours shld i devote daily so that i can crack ies 2012 (civil engg) by self study??
27th August 2011, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

hello...i m a student of electronics and communication branch...my question is that the syllabus is given here of electronics and telecommunication...can i give the IES exam??
23rd September 2011, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus for SC/ST candidates to get free coaching for IAS entrance exam...?
16th November 2011, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for IES in 6months, my branch is EEE??Please let me know
9th March 2012, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to get coaching of u.p.s.c. In PUNE?
16th March 2012, 05:52 AM
Unregistered

iam an sc candidate and i appeared for gate 2012.i got 21/100 and my community rank is 332,can i get admission for m.e in anna university,chennai?
3rd October 2012, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

sir i am in b.tech 6th sem mechanical enginering, now i want to start to prepare for ies , how can i do it by self study ? is it possible for me to crack the ies right after completing my b.tech? what r the best books which i should prefer?
4th October 2012, 06:15 PM
murugeshwarankkl
Member+

if you are doing self preparation for the ies exam then you have to work really hard, first of all devote around 4 to 5 hours daily for the preparation of the exam, also follow the right text books and materials,in this case the materials of made easy institute will be really helpful, there postal guidance course costs around rs.3000 also give there mock tests for the practice and improving exam efficiency, also read good news paper daily ti improve your general knowledge.
you can apply for the materials of made easy online by logging on to http://www.iesmadeeasy.org
18th January 2013, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

A complete 5 months r remaining for IES from now n I am from EE. Want to prepare myself for exam. Plz suggest some tips n daily route for continue preparation n some book n study material?
13th February 2013, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Is IES Examination a good option for civil engineeringg students ? name of text books ?
25th April 2013, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Is IES Examination a good option for civil engineeringg students ? name of text books ?
25th June 2013, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

I think now the postal course fee for made easy has revised to 8500??isn't it??
12th August 2013, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

dear.sir., how should i make preparation from first year for ies .give some guideline .i have taken civil branch .
18th January 2014, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

i need to get your contact number?
17th June 2014, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

Currently I am working with an IT company and want to prepare for IES (ECE). Is it possible to prepare for the exam on my own or I should join weekend batch of any coaching institute.Please guide me how to start.
25th July 2014, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

sir i just passed 3rd year in civil engineering. and want to preparation for ies myself. please give me guidelines to crack the ies exam
25th September 2014, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

i am in final year(eee) now i want to prepare for ies exam. is it possible by self study! give me a tips to study
23rd December 2014, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, plz suggest me the topic and syllbus to crack ies exam and at present i have taken adm to civil engg deptmnt
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?