12th December 2011, 06:45 PM
harsha.ehv

Which subjects t chose to become IPS officer? How to prepare for it?

sir,
i'am studying B.tech 2nd year ece i want to become ips officer.how i want to prepare for it and which subjects i have to choose for it.how i have to prepare from now

17th December 2011, 12:00 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects t chose to become IPS officer? How to prepare for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.ehv View Post
sir,
i'am studying B.tech 2nd year ece i want to become ips officer.how i want to prepare for it and which subjects i have to choose for it.how i have to prepare from now
IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to become IPS Officer, you have to complete your Graduate degree course and then apply for the UPSC Civil services examination, This examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and the examination is Conducted in 2 stages :

>> Preliminary examination
>> Main examination

Firstly, you have to cracked the Preliminary examination, Only then you are eligible for Main examination.

Preliminary examination is Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination and all are conducted in same day, If you cracked preliminary examination, then you are eligible to appear for Main examination. You have to choose the Optional Subjects in Main examination on the basis of Graduation.

If you have Pursuing your B.tech in ECE, Then you can Opt Electrical Engineering subject in Civil services examination.

So, please prepare well for the Preliminary examination, Only then you are eligible to appear for Main examination.

Preliminary Examination Pattern :
------------------------

Optional Subject List :
-------------------

17th December 2011, 06:31 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects t chose to become IPS officer? How to prepare for it?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.Every year UPSC Conducted this exam in 2 stages :

Preliminary examination
Main examination

If you have cleared the preliminary exam of IPS then you are called for main exam of the IPS. Here you can select your choice or your branch related subjects.

The best subjects for the electronics and communication student is to related to science. You may select this subject as the optional subject as per your choice of interest.

To prepare for the Civil Service Examination you can start preparing yourself for the Aptitude test,Reasoning,English and Mathematics etc.

There are three levels of selection procedure
Level 1 :- Civil Service Aptitude Test.
Level 2 :- Mains Exam
Level 3 :- Personal Interview.
For this three levels the syllabus is completely different and question paper pattern also differs.

You can follow these books as under-

1. Reasoning by R.S Agarwal
2. Mathematics books of class eight to ten of CBSE board.

For the general knowledge it is advisable for you to Read the news paper daily & get the updates of news from the television,internet etc.
21st December 2011, 04:13 PM
Pratik Agrawal Jalna

Smile Re: Which subjects t chose to become IPS officer? How to prepare for it?

The IPS officer exam has three stages
1) The Priliminary Test
2) The main Exam
3) The Interview

in the priliminary exam you ae asked for genral subjects

These are the subjects in the IPS officer exam
1) Agriculture - In this subject u should have knowledge about the indian agriculture and other agricultre developement projects

2) Animal Husbandary - In this subject u should have knowledge about the types agriculture techniques and other agricultural activities

3)Chemistry - This subject makes u eligible for medical emergencies that may come in your currier

4)Commerce - this subject consist of genral knowledge about the transactions that takes place in the funds provided by the government programmes

5)Civil engineering - in this section you should have knowledge about the buildings permits then what rules should be applied during developement of projects

6) Botany - In this subject you should have knowledge about the enviornment and nature

You can choose
1)Agriculture
2) Animal Husbandary
3)Commerce
4) Botany

Pratik Agrawal
17th January 2012, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

respected sir

My self Vaghela Chandresh i'm student of B.Sc.I.T. and i'm final year

My question is there is any restriction of bachelor's percentage for attend the exam or any thing
22nd January 2012, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

My self ombati i'm student of BBA

Which subjects chose to become IPS officer?
29th January 2012, 05:49 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.ehv View Post
sir,
HI,
I.A.S officer is among the top job in India.

After B.tech you can apply for I.A.S exam.
I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 20 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

You have to do very hard work to get the success.
You read the news paper and after that you have to concentrate on the optional subject you chose.

ALL THE BEST!
7th February 2012, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

sir,
how to attend the interveiw and what questions are asked in intre veiw?
2nd April 2012, 02:27 AM
Unregistered

Can a doeacc B level passed student apply for upsc through computer as a main subject
21st April 2012, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

Sir, main abhi tenth pass kiya hoon. please, hame puri details bataye.
6th May 2012, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

sir i just gave 12th exams from commerce side so what subject i should select to be an succeshul ips
27th June 2012, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

which optional subject i have to choose if i m having commerce stream?
4th July 2012, 01:44 PM
Abhimanyu4111202

Question Re: Which subjects t chose to become IPS officer? How to prepare for it?

Hey it good to be hear that you are doing b.tech ece now you think to become an ips officer so which subject you choose first of all your historical,cultural knowledge is important.you should read a book which belongs to this.your gk must be good and the maximum knowledge about your ece is must be done.good bye
13th July 2012, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

sir i am gaurav for b.tech student my branch mechanical i want ies.base
23rd July 2012, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

hom much subject heve to take be an ips?
13th August 2012, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

Sir, my name is shashank shukla n i want to become ips officer. M pursuing my graduation 3rd yr from b.com. Please suggest me way to reach the destination to ips. My email id is [email protected].
Plz reply soon.
2nd October 2012, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

I am Student Of MCA First Year...Which Subject Choose To Become IPS Offices???
5th October 2012, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

i am a commerce background student and i want become an IPS officer. please advise me which subject i choose for it?
19th October 2012, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

I M STUDENT OF BCA 3RD YEAR... KINDLY TELL ME WHICH SUBJECT CHOOSE TO BECOME IPS OFFICERS...
19th December 2012, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

i m a student of BE third year of mechanical branch,so which subject should i choose from mechanical subjects to crack CSAT.
2nd January 2013, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

i want to know that what's the requirement to submit the form?
12th February 2013, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

sir i am complet diploma in mechanical cours then can you write the ips exam? Plz ans sir
22nd April 2013, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

sir in case i half just pas in ips i wil get job or not plz telme sir plz help me any body now plz send details to my mail [email protected]
21st May 2013, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

sir i just gave 12th exams from commerce side so what subject i should select to be an succesful ips
9th June 2013, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

hlo sir,my self sahil nd i from jammu nd i comlete my 12 class my 12 subj.econ,english,functionalengl,math,geogrp in collage wht i do which subject i choos in colge to help future for the ips exam...my id is [email protected] pls help me sir..
4th July 2013, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i had cpmpleted my btech in cse .which optional subject would be helpful for my bachground...
14th July 2013, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am Standard of Class - 9 . I myself thought that from now onwards study main subjects . But don,t no the subject.
Sir,
could you please tell me the main subjects.
ThanK you
Bebojit Hojai
20th January 2014, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

I am a b.tech student of electronics & communications branch,can i apply for ips ?
20th January 2014, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

hi sir,
i had completed bca and mca .which optional subject would be helpful for my background..and which books will be the best for preparation for ips exam..
21st January 2014, 09:14 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

As you are pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech course in ECE, it is the right time for you to prepare for Civil Services Exam through which you can be placed in IPS (Indian Police Service) which is one of the top civil service in India.

The selection procedure would involve
CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

Here is the eligibility to apply for this exam.

You should have completed your Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation can also apply for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation by the time you appear for Interview.

For CSAT Exam, the questions will be from the following categories
Current Affairs
Aptitude
General English.

For Main Exam, you have to opt for Optional subject. In accordance with your stream in Engineering, the best optional subject for you to choose is Electrical Engineering.

To apply for this exam, your age should be
21-30 years of age for the candidates of General category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

Try to join in coaching institute and they will better guide you towards the preparation.

You can learn the tricks and better way to crack exam by joining in coaching institute.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
22nd June 2014, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

I complete H.S. from arts stream. Which subject i can take for being an ips except history?
7th December 2014, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

In school I am in 7th class I have to become an IPS officer so how to do preparation for becoming a IPS officer
Sent the answer on my email [email protected] sent answer in this
27th December 2014, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

Mohini
Sir,
I m B.sc bio (ll) year student
So can i given ips exam and how with my subjects
22nd February 2015, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 9 and i have to became an IPS office can i start from now the preparation
28th June 2015, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

I dont have cbse book in standard eight what can i do for that
11th July 2015, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

sir if we are selected in the main exam and interview so what should we have to do then?
11th July 2015, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

sir if we are selected in the main exam and interview so what should we have to do then?
14th February 2016, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I am in 8th class i want to become ips officer.how i want to prepare for it and which subjects i have to choose for it.how i have to prepare from now.
16th March 2016, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

How many Subjects have to be chosen from the optional subject?
And Is indian languauge Compulsary?
How many Indian Language we Should Know?
1st June 2016, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Hai sir. I am aswinbabu. I am studying 10th standard. Next year which group can i select and course i can study in college to crack the IAS exam
7th February 2017, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

How I am satakshi baranwal I study in class 8 I want to become an IPS officer which subject I choose to become an IPS officer.
7th February 2017, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am shatakshi Baranwal I didn't class 8 I want to become an IPS officer how can I prepare for it from now and wich subject
I choose to for it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?