22nd April 2012, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for PG entrance exam of TIFR?

I want to prepare for exams for p.g entrance int.i .f.r...please tell me how to do it

2nd March 2013, 12:28 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Post Re: How to prepare for PG entrance exam of TIFR?

Hi,

In order to go to The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research(TIFR), you have to know about the Eligibility Criteria also. This is a Deemed University offering degrees for master's and doctoral programs.

In this research centres they carry out the research in

1.physics
2.chemistry
3.biology
4.mathematics
5.computer science and science education.

How to apply :-

>> application form can be downloaded from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research website :-http://www.tifr.res.in/index.php/en/

>> Pay the DD. of 500 rupees in favour of “Tata Institute of Fundamental Research”, payable at Mumbai.

>>women are exempted from fees.

Important dates:-

Nationwide Entrance Examination : 9th December, 2012. So, for this year, the application has been closed.

GATE Scored based applications to Systems Science :

Opens on : 1st February, 2012.
Closes on : 25th March, 2013.

>> If you apply GATE exam this year,you can apply for it, but it closes on 1st february itself, you can apply next year.

Tips:-

1. the question paper will be written test, so prepare like GATE exam, there will MCQ questions,as well as little descriptive type also.

2. Work out the aptitude part also.

3.Prepare well for interview, as for the next round of selected candidates there will be interview.

>>If you have any doubt about its location and how to reach, you can see it here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Reaching_TIFR.pdf(179.8 KB, 437 views)
15th September 2014, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for PG entrance exam of TIFR?

Respected sir, please tell me the name of some books for TIFR I.Ph.D entrance exam or some materials ........please reply me
16th September 2015, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for PG entrance exam of TIFR?

Sir please let me know the syllabus for tifr biological sciences and wildlife pg entrance exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?