26th January 2013, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

How should I attend IAS preliminary exam? I am serving in Army

sir, I am serving in army and willing to attend ias preliminary exam, i have attained age of 30 being a general category.

11th July 2014, 01:07 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How should I attend IAS preliminary exam? I am serving in Army

Candidate should be above 21 years and defence personnel get relaxation upto 3 years in the case of disability. Upto 5 years relaxation comes to ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who has minimum five years Military Service You will need a certificate form Ministry of Defence seeking permission to apply for civil employment. On selection, they will be released within 3 months.
In case IAS, UPSC conducts the examinations comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. You need to be a graduate in regular stream for being eligible for appearing in the Indian Police Service exams conducted by UPSC. You are eligible to fill the form provided the university is recognized. On selection, you will gone for training which includes rigorous physical training. In Junior Scale, a new recruit joins at this pay scale and has a basic pay of INR 15,600-39,100. Also you will have Grade Pay of INR 5400. After serving two years as a probationary officer, a new IAS recruit gets posted as a sub collector or a SDO.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?