17th January 2012, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

How should I crack CAT for IIM admission? Procedure of the entrance exam?

i am always get second div and the btech percentage is not good about 61% . is i am able to cat and i want to crack cat for iim plese advice me how to get full prepration and what is procedure of intrance exam

1st October 2012, 01:22 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I crack CAT for IIM admission? Procedure of the entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am always get second div and the btech percentage is not good about 61% . is i am able to cat and i want to crack cat for iim plese advice me how to get full prepration and what is procedure of intrance exam
CAT Exam Details:-

## CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This exam is conducted by the IIMs, one of the premier institution and the most sought after when it comes to pursuing MBA and other management programs.

## Since it is conducted by the IIMs therefore no other university accepts CAT score. Apart from the IIMs it is also accepted by several other reputed private autonomous institutions.

## If you are interested to give this exam then you need to complete your graduation first in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university or institution.

## In addition to that you also need to secure minimum 50% of marks at graduation level if you are a general category candidate.

## There is percentage relaxation for the reserved category candidates. It is 45% in aggregate for SC and ST candidates.

## Final year students about to sit for their final year exam or awaiting the result of their final year exam are also eligible to give this exam.

## Selection Procedure includes the following steps: 1) Written Examination, 2) Group Discussion and 3) Personal Interview Session.

## Conceptual questions will come so mugging and cramming wont help much. The exam is mainly objective type. You need to understand each and every chapter properly and go to the root of it to understand better. Therefore it is always advisable to start preparation much in an advance to give yourself enough time to get accustomed to the whole syllabus.

## For every wrong answer you give a certain percentage of marks will be deducted from the original score. The whole paper needs to be completed in two and a half hours' time and be very cautious when answering each of them.

## For the exam you need to stress on the following areas:
  • Verbal Ability
  • Reading Comprehension
  • Problem Solving
  • Data Interpretation

Top Books For CAT Exam:-

## Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT: Common Admission Test For Admission into IIMs
by Sarvesh K Verma
Publisher: Arihant Publications

## How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test
by Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

## CAT Common Admission Test Solved Papers Entrance Examination
by G. K. P
Publisher: G.K.Publication (P) Ltd

## CAT Common Admission Test: Mastering the Verbal Ability
by Ajay Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

## CAT Common Admission Test Exanination Guide
by R Gupta
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

For papers please refer to the files attached. Download them and go through them to know more about the question pattern. All the best for the exam.

Hope this helps :-> :->
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CAT-PreviousPaper-2003.pdf(640.0 KB, 265 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-PreviousPaper-2005.pdf(365.2 KB, 160 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-PreviousPaper-2006.pdf(345.0 KB, 142 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-PreviousPaper-2007.pdf(372.6 KB, 214 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?