30th June 2012, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

How should I crack NIFT? I am a 10th standard student

i am shaifali. its my dream to be a fashion designer and i WANT to crack NIFT. Right now i am in 10 standard.could you please tell me how can i prepare for it.

15th February 2016, 07:13 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I crack NIFT? I am a 10th standard student

NIFT stands for National Institute of Fashion Technology. The academic qualification required for NIFT entrance exam is 10+2. You can start your preparation after 10th so as to have good concept and knowledge when you pass 10+2 and so that you can clear NIFT exam in first attempt.

First of all here is the paper pattern of NIFT exam:

1. Creative Aptitude Test: It tests judging skill, power of observation and design ability.

2. General Aptitude Test:

You must focus on these areas and practice hard like quantitative ability, communication ability, English Comprehension, General Knowledge, current affairs, Case study etc. Read daily newspapers, work on aptitude. GAT has 150 questions to complete in 2 hours and has overall 30% marks.
15th February 2016, 08:41 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Since, you are in 10th standard, you are not eligible to appear for NIFT examination.

The minimum qualification required to appear in NIFT examination is candidate must have passed 10+2/diploma from any recognised board/university.

So, you have to wait to appear in examination. The examination paper contains the question of General Aptitude and Creative Aptitude. There is also negative marking of 0.25 on each wrong answer.

Number of questions and weightage of marks vary for different course examination.
19th August 2019, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

May you please provide me syllabus for NIFT
12th October 2019, 10:35 AM
S4018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am shaifali. its my dream to be a fashion designer and i WANT to crack NIFT. Right now i am in 10 standard.could you please tell me how can i prepare for it.
To secure admission in BDes course offered at any of the NIFT campuses,Aspirants need to appear for three tests which are Creative Ability Test (CAT), General Ability Test (GAT) and Situation Test. You need to get more practice on these areas which will help score better
15th October 2019, 02:12 AM
S4018

Preparation Tips

Improve your observation and visualization skills: The main purpose of NIFT exam is to test candidate's creative and imaginative skills
Improve Speed
Solve sample/previous year paper
Upgrade your general awareness
Concentrate and Apply
Regular Exercise
Sleep
Good study material
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?