24th August 2012, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for Actuarial Science? Which are the good colleges in India? When is the entrance test? What is the syllabus?

how should i prepare for actuarial science? what are the good colleges in india regarding it? and when is the entrance test in 2012 and what is the syllabus related to it?

Related Questions:
  1. How should I prepare for Actuarial science? Which are the good colleges in India? When is the entrance test and what is the syllabus?
  2. How to prepare for Actuarial Science? Which are the good colleges in India? When is the entrance test?
  3. Which are the good colleges in India to pursue UG course in Actuarial Science? Details about the colleges?
  4. Which are the colleges in India to pursue UG course in Actuarial Science? Details about the colleges?
  5. How to do graduation in Actuarial Science and what are the career prospect of this subject? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Which are the colleges in India for M.Sc in Actuarial Science? -- [New]
  7. Actuarial Science Examination-Foundations of Casualty Actuarial Science-Part II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. How is the branch of MSc in Actuarial Science? Is MSc in this field worth it?
  9. Are there any colleges in Kerala having Actuarial Science course?
  10. Annamalai University - P.G. Diploma in Actuarial Science- Basics of Actuarial Science Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. Is there any entrance test for Actuarial Science in November?
  12. Best colleges in & outside India for MBA in Actuarial Science?
  13. Colleges offering MSc Actuarial Sciences in Distance Education?
  14. Universities/colleges having Actuarial Science courses in India? How to make a career in Actuarial Science being an economics graduate?
  15. How to apply for Actuarial Science with Eco(Hons) after scoring 100 marks in Maths in 12th? Can I opt for acturial science with B.Com(Hons)? List of colleges from where I can do Actuarial Science?
  16. Syllabus for Actuarial science Exam?
  17. Required Eligibility criteria to join Actuary course?
  18. How to do Actuary course after completing MBA with marketing and HRM?
14th July 2014, 06:06 PM
career.adjurer

Default Re: How should I prepare for Actuarial Science? Which are the good colleges in India? When is the entrance test? What is the syllabus?

The entrance examination is conducted by the Actuarial Society of India, Mumbai. The exam(ACET) is conducted only through Online mode and is held twice a year i.e in June and December. You will have to enroll yourself online at their website: http://www.actuariesindia.org.

The Eligibility Criteria is Class 10+2 pass(no minimum percentile) in any discipline. The Age criteria is minimum 18 yrs.

The exam shall be of 2 hours duration. The Exam will have two papers .The Pattern of the Examination is :

There will be total 55 questions carrying 100 marks. There will be questions of 1 mark, 2 marks and 5 marks. There will be 25 questions of 1 mark each, 25 questions of 2 marks each and 5 questions of 5 marks each. You get full marks for each correct response, there will be 50% negative markings for each incorrect response. So, if you are not sure of any answer, you should leave it blank.

The syllabus is :
• Mathematics covering topics like algebra, calculus, numerical methods, mathematical notations, terminology and methods, mathematical constants & standard functions.
• Statistics covering topics like statistical diagrams, probability, permutations and combinations, measures of location, discrete random variables, continuous random variables, measures of spread, discrete distributions, continuous distributions, correlation, regression.

The Top colleges in India offering Actuarial Science course are:
• Aligarh Muslim University.
• Amity School of Insurance and Actuarial Science Noida.
• Manipur University.
• Birla Institute of Management Technology.
• Bishop Herber College
• University of Madras.
• University of Kalyani.
• Gurunanak Dev University.
• Jaipuria Institute of Management.
• RNIS College of Insurance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?