2nd January 2011, 05:20 PM
A.MUTHU LAKSHMI

Syllabus for Actuarial science Exam?

What is the syllabus for Actuarial science? Where it is available

Please send it to me

Related Questions:
  1. Annamalai University - P.G. Diploma in Actuarial Science- Basics of Actuarial Science Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  2. Actuarial Science Examination-Foundations of Casualty Actuarial Science-Part II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  3. Syllabus for Actuarial science Exam?
  4. Am I eligible to do Actuarial science after completion of B.Com as under graduation course?
  5. Is it possible to do Post graduation in Actuarial Science after completing BBA?
  6. Are there any colleges in Kerala having Actuarial Science course?
  7. Post graduation in actuarial science after graduation in B.A Economics? Details about entrance exams for actuarial science?
  8. How is the branch of MSc in Actuarial Science? Is MSc in this field worth it?
  9. Annamalai University-P.G. Diploma in Actuarial Science-Advanced Topics in Actuarial Statistics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. Actuarial Science Examination-Foundations of Casualty Actuarial Science-Part I Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. Information about Actuarial Science? I am waiting for final results in Pakistan
  12. Eligibility criteria and entrance exam to study M.Sc(Actuarial Science) in City University London? -- [New]
  13. Which is the best institute in Delhi offering Actuarial Science?
  14. What should i do after passing 12th with Actuarial Science
  15. How to apply for Actuarial Science with Eco(Hons) after scoring 100 marks in Maths in 12th? Can I opt for acturial science with B.Com(Hons)? List of colleges from where I can do Actuarial Science?
  16. How to get admission in BS(Actuarial Science) at University of Kalyani?
  17. How should I prepare for Actuarial Science? Which are the good colleges in India? When is the entrance test? What is the syllabus?
  18. How should I prepare for Actuarial science? Which are the good colleges in India? When is the entrance test and what is the syllabus?
15th January 2011, 01:30 PM
rks_estate

Default Re: Syllabus for Actuarial science Exam?

Dear,

Syllabus for Actuarial science Exam: -

Texts for Paper I: - Introduction to Probability and Mathematical Statistics by Bain and Engelhardt, 2nd Edition, 1992, Duxbury

Statistical Inference by Casella and Berger, 2nd Edition, 2002, Duxbury

Adventures in Stochastic Processes by Resnick, 1992, Birkhauser

Paper II: Statistics
1. Linear Regression Analysis (2nd Ed) George A.F. Seber and Alan J. Lee, (2003), Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics, ISBN 0-471-41540-5

2. Sampling: Design and Analysis, Sharon L. Lohr (1999), Duxbury Press, ISBN 0-534-35361-4 Note that there is an instructor’s manual for this book

3. Design and Analysis of Experiments, Douglas C. Montgomery 6th Ed, (2005) John Wiley and Sons, ISBN 0-471-48735-X. Note that there is an instructor’s manual for this book

Paper II: Actuarial Science
1. Life Contingencies (ACTSC 331) - N. Bowers, H. Gerber, J. Hickman, D. Jones, and C. Nesbitt: Actuarial; Mathematics (second edition).

2. Loss Models (ACTSC 431/432) - S. Klugman, H. Panjer, and G. Willmot: Loss Models (third edition).

3. Mathematical Models in Finance (ACTSC 446) - H.H. Panjer (Ed.): Financial Economics With; Applications to Investment, Insurance and Pensions.

The comprehensive exam consists of two papers:

Paper I is common among all students in the department of Statistics and Actuarial Science.

a. Probability theory
b. Mathematical Statistics
c. Statistical inference

Paper II is given in two different versions, one for Ph.D. students in Statistics and the other for Ph.D. students in Actuarial Science. Ph.D. students in the department intending to write either paper should inform the Department graduate office at least two months in advance.

Paper II (Statistics):
a. Regression analysis
b. Design of experiments
c. Sampling theory

Paper II: (Actuarial Science)
a. Regression analysis
b. Loss Models
c. Life Insurance Mathematics
d. Financial Mathematics

Good Luck
15th January 2011, 02:49 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Refer the following website for In-depth knowledge of acturial scinece.It has been provided in vast format there:
1) http://math.ucalgary.ca/~scollnik/acscinit.html
2) http://www.dget.nic.in/cirtes/csc/courses/Actuary%20as%20a%20career.pdf
3) http://www.beanactuary.org/
4) http://www.indicareer.com/insurance/insurance.html

Hope this information helps you......
13th April 2011, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects for actuarial science exams?
1st May 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

can anyone pls tell d books i shd refer for preparatn of actuarial sci entrance to be held in oct.........?
plz reply fast..... its urgent
17th June 2011, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

can i apply for actuarial science if i have got only 40% in maths..? i am good in maths bt have gt low marks due to some reason dis year..plz reply
13th August 2011, 08:22 AM
DN358
Banned

Syllabus for Actuarial science Exam: -

Texts for Paper I: - Introduction to Probability and Mathematical Statistics by Bain and Engelhardt, 2nd Edition, 1992, Duxbury

Statistical Inference by Casella and Berger, 2nd Edition, 2002, Duxbury

Adventures in Stochastic Processes by Resnick, 1992, Birkhauser

Paper II: Statistics
1. Linear Regression Analysis (2nd Ed) George A.F. Seber and Alan J. Lee, (2003), Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics, ISBN 0-471-41540-5

2. Sampling: Design and Analysis, Sharon L. Lohr (1999), Duxbury Press, ISBN 0-534-35361-4 Note that there is an instructor’s manual for this book

3. Design and Analysis of Experiments, Douglas C. Montgomery 6th Ed, (2005) John Wiley and Sons, ISBN 0-471-48735-X. Note that there is an instructor’s manual for this book

Paper II: Actuarial Science
1. Life Contingencies (ACTSC 331) - N. Bowers, H. Gerber, J. Hickman, D. Jones, and C. Nesbitt: Actuarial; Mathematics (second edition).

2. Loss Models (ACTSC 431/432) - S. Klugman, H. Panjer, and G. Willmot: Loss Models (third edition).

3. Mathematical Models in Finance (ACTSC 446) - H.H. Panjer (Ed.): Financial Economics With; Applications to Investment, Insurance and Pensions.

The comprehensive exam consists of two papers:

Paper I is common among all students in the department of Statistics and Actuarial Science.

a. Probability theory
b. Mathematical Statistics
c. Statistical inference

Paper II is given in two different versions, one for Ph.D. students in Statistics and the other for Ph.D. students in Actuarial Science. Ph.D. students in the department intending to write either paper should inform the Department graduate office at least two months in advance.

Paper II (Statistics):
a. Regression analysis
b. Design of experiments
c. Sampling theory

Paper II: (Actuarial Science)
a. Regression analysis
b. Loss Models
c. Life Insurance Mathematics
d. Financial Mathematics
thanks.
13th August 2011, 03:02 PM
aisham

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.MUTHU LAKSHMI View Post
What is the syllabus for Actuarial science? Where it is available

Please send it to me
I am enclosing here syllabus and this course related detailed information you can find theses
I hope this may become useful for you
Attached Files
File Type: pdf syllabus.pdf(73.9 KB, 442 views)
File Type: pdf information.pdf(251.8 KB, 297 views)
13th August 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my engineering.i want to pursue a career in acturial science.would you plz tell me about when to start givin the series of tests for acturial ..im in first year engg.
29th September 2011, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

i m in 2nd year of stats hons in asutosh college....pls suggest me how to prepare for a career in acturial science and the route for such a career........pls help.!!!
2nd November 2011, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

sir i am Bsc.with chemistry (hons.),i want to know how to admission in acturaial science and know the college in orissa.
22nd December 2011, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

I am currently studying B.Sc 3rd year, mathematics honours. I want to study post graduate in actuarial science. is it possible? but I don't have 85% marks in my class 12 exam. If yes, then let me know the procedures about how to apply.
1st January 2012, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

I m doing b.sc. Mathematics honours 2nd year from delhi university... I want to know how to apply for acturials science course... N what is the scope of dis course??
23rd January 2012, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

is it neccesarry to clear all CT papers?
30th January 2012, 02:29 PM
proan

how difficult is actuarial science
24th February 2012, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

need recommended books list of the actuarial science first year ? can some one help me with it.
20th February 2013, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

i m first year banking and insurance student can i go for this course right from now????
28th May 2013, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

I have got 78% in 12th cbse can i get a degree in acturial science ?? How tough is the course and what is the durationof the course?
22nd September 2014, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12th std and willing to prepare for actuarial science entrance exam please guide for preparation
9th May 2015, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

I have done M.Com. Am I eligible for Entrance exam. Can I do study in home.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?